The heartbeat of a healthy person ranges from 60 to 80 beats per minute. Pulse can increase from physical exertion - after jogging and even after you climbed the stairs. Sometimes heart palpitations can increase due to emotions if you experience fear or anxiety. Heartbeats become more frequent after drinking strong coffee or tea, as well as after some medications. If the room is very hot, the heart also begins to beat more often.
But sometimes it happens that the heartbeat quickens without cause and suddenly. If this happens periodically and regularly, then you have tachycardia. Tachycardia is a fast heartbeat, more than 100 beats per minute. Tachycardia is not considered a disease, it is only a symptom that may indicate more serious heart disease and other organs.
Causes of tachycardia
Tachycardia can be a symptom of the following diseases:
- Almost any cardiac pathology is accompanied by tachycardia. These are heart failure, ischemia, myocardial infarction in the acute phase, heart defects.
- Tachycardia can be a consequence and symptom of various disorders in the endocrine system.
- Also, tachycardia occurs in diseases of the nervous system.
- Frequent alcohol intoxication of the body can lead to disruption of the normal heartbeat.
- Blood poisoning (sepsis), tuberculosis, and fever are also accompanied by increased heart rate.
Symptoms of tachycardia
Usually the person himself feels that his heartbeat has increased. This is often accompanied by an arrhythmia and a sinking heart. Sometimes tachycardia is accompanied by high fatigue, dizziness, pain and cramps in the heart area. If you or your loved ones have similar symptoms, if the heart continually “jumps and freezes,” you should immediately consult a doctor.
As noted, tachycardia is a symptom. Therefore, it is necessary to fight not with him, but with the disease itself, which caused a rapid heartbeat. If the tachycardia attack came suddenly, you need to call an ambulance and try to pacify the frequent heartbeat yourself. To do this, you can wipe the patient's face with a wet cloth or ice, give him access to fresh air and invite him to induce vomiting. You can also press lightly on the eyeballs or make forced movements. Usually this is enough to survive an acute attack of tachycardia.
How to get rid of tachycardia with the help of popular recipes
Folk remedies that have been tested over the years will help soothe nerves and improve heart function.
- There is a popular recipe that will help to cope with any cardiological diseases. The juice of one lemon should be mixed with three tablespoons of honey. Twist through a meat grinder a handful of almonds and 7 leaves of a room geranium. Mix nuts and geranium leaves with honey and lemon juice. Add to the mass of a tablespoon of tincture of valerian and hawthorn (tinctures can be purchased at any pharmacy). Mix all ingredients thoroughly and take a tablespoon every day in the morning on an empty stomach. If you do it regularly, after a couple of weeks you will forget about all your heart problems.
- Anyone who suffers from tachycardia, instead of tea, should drink a special decoction, which is not only extremely healthy, but also very tasty. Put a handful of hawthorn and the same amount of hips in a thermos. Add a few dried motherwort leaves and a pinch of green tea. Pour boiling water over the cooked mixture and leave overnight. In the morning you can strain the broth and drink instead of tea. In its composition there are many useful substances that guard heart health.
- If you have had a tachycardia attack, you need to put a little cedar oil on your palm and massage your chest in the region of the heart - below the nipple. This will allow you to quickly suppress the attack.
- Take a tablespoon of lemon balm, yarrow and valerian. From herbal need to prepare a decoction. Fill the plants with boiling water and let it brew until it cools. Then the prepared remedy must be filtered and drink half a glass every day, preferably in the morning.
- The herb adonis has a very good effect on the work of the heart muscle. Tablespoon of a dry plant should be poured into a glass of boiling water and let it sit on a low heat for another 5 minutes. Then the broth must be tightly covered with a lid and put in a warm place. An hour later, the healing heart elixir can be consumed. You need to drink it in a tablespoon 10 minutes before each meal.
- To normalize unstable heartbeat, you need to prepare a tincture of grass zyuznik. This plant is placed in a container of dark glass and poured vodka or alcohol. Tincture needs to be kept in the refrigerator, and even better in the cellar - where it is cool and there is no light. Within 2 days, the tincture should stand, it should be shaken periodically, so that the grass does not settle. Then filter the tincture and drink a tablespoon every day. This tool should be washed down with plenty of water.
- Coriander will help to cope with tachycardia. This is a beautiful plant that is used in the fight against many diseases. In summer, you can eat fresh leaves of coriander, add them to soups and salads. In winter, you can make a decoction of the fruit. Two teaspoons of coriander pour boiling water, wrap and leave for a few hours. And even better to brew a decoction in a thermos - so it stays hot longer and the plant gives the broth all its beneficial properties to the end. Prepared means you need to take two tablespoons half an hour before meals, 3 times a day. If you do not have fresh fruits of coriander, you can buy it in a pharmacy tincture. Three times a day, take 10 drops of tincture diluted in a small amount of warm water before meals.
- Mint leaves also have a beneficial effect on the heart. Get in the habit of adding fresh mint to salads, and dried leaves in tea. This will not only improve the health of your heart, but also add a piquant taste.
Life with tachycardia
If tachycardia is not associated with heart disease, it is not life threatening. Patients with tachycardia need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Proper nutrition - the basis of health. You can not eat fatty and fried foods - they provoke the formation of cholesterol plaques, which constrict blood vessels and create an additional load on the heart. It is very important to observe the drinking regime - after all, even the slightest hint of dehydration of the body can lead to heart palpitations.
It is imperative to give up smoking and alcohol. These bad habits can cause another tachycardia attack. Heart palpitations can be caused by products that contain caffeine - coffee or chocolate.
Physical activity in such patients should be moderate. Daily walks in the fresh air perfectly train the heart and improve its performance. Running and making sudden movements is not recommended, the activity should be easy, so that during exercise you do not experience shortness of breath.
It is very important to observe a calm psycho-emotional background. If you want to save heart health, you need to be able to avoid conflict situations. Believe that everything that happens around you is temporary. And you have one health. And you need to take care of it, you can not worry about trifles - the situation from your nervous anxiety still does not improve. Follow the sleep and rest regime to give your body a break.
When tachycardia is necessary to drink vitamins, which include potassium and magnesium. They stabilize the work of the heart muscle. Much potassium is found in millet - eat millet porridge every day, and then the attacks will visit you much less often. And be sure to go to see your cardiologist. Once every few months, undergo another examination to monitor the condition and health of your heart.
The attack of tachycardia is very terrible, because when you feel that your heart stops and is pounding very quickly - it seems that it can stop at all. However, with tachycardia, you can live. The main thing is to consult a doctor in time and follow all the recommendations prescribed by him. And then you can live a long and happy life.