Acne on the tongue is called papillite. The disease can cause both unbearable pain and slight itching. Neoplasms are yellowish or reddish. By and large, acne goes away on its own, but in some cases people are forced to resort to folk or drug treatment. Papillite most often affects women and children, the emerging bumps are not infectious, and therefore are not transmitted by airborne droplets.
Popular methods of dealing with acne on the tongue
- Salt. The first and fundamental way to eliminate tumors is considered to be saline. To prepare the composition dissolve 20 gr. crushed edible salt in 250 ml. hot water, wait until the crystals dissolve and the solution cools. Type a liquid in your mouth, rinse the cavity for about 20-30 seconds, then spit and repeat the procedure. Perform the procedure until you use the entire glass. It is also worth rinsing the mouth after meals to prevent rotting of food debris on the tongue and teeth. The overall frequency of the procedure varies from 4 to 6 times a day, while it is necessary to observe the same interval.
- Cool drinks. Experts have proven that cold is an excellent medicine in the fight against neoplasms in the oral cavity. Use cold natural fruit drinks, compotes, fresh juices and, of course, clean water. Do not allow dehydration, you need to drink at least 2.8 liters of fluid per day, of which 2 liters is given filtered water. Men and people who are actively involved in sports (girls, teenagers) need to increase the amount of fluid they have drunk to 3-3.3 liters (2.5 liters of which are water). Pregnant young ladies need about 3 liters per day.
- Nutrition. To relieve pain and reduce discomfort will help cooled dairy products. Drink yogurt, kefir, full-fat milk. Eat cottage cheese, put a piece of cheese on the tongue. Refuse food that causes irritation: smoked meats, pickles, sausages, spicy, sour and fatty foods (they provoke puffiness). In addition, ice cream, fruit ice, pudding, smoothies will help reduce discomfort. Throughout the course of treatment, try to reduce bad habits, smoke less (if possible, quit, in no case replace cigarettes with chewing tobacco), do not drink alcohol. Sour drinks like orange, grapefruit, tomato juice irritate the oral cavity, so they should be avoided.
- Ice. Cold can help relieve pain and reduce swelling, if the disease carries painful sensations. Prepare fruit ice compote, dissolve one cube every 2 hours or more. Also, as a base for ice, you can use fresh juices, chamomile infusion or green tea with jasmine / melissa. If you do not want to bother with the preparation of the liquid, freeze clean water without gas. It is not necessary to dissolve the ice cube completely, just a 2-minute rubbing of the affected area is enough.
- Health. Oral hygiene, it will help prevent tooth decay, plaque and irritation of the mucous membranes, as well as cure acne on the tongue. Perhaps this is the most important condition in the fight against neoplasms. Rinse your mouth regularly after eating, brush your teeth 2-3 times a day, visit your dentist to examine the gums, tongue and teeth. Do not neglect the thread, it will relieve you from stuck food particles, which subsequently cause a massive proliferation of bacteria. In cases where a toothbrush is not at hand, use chewing gum.
Drug treatment of acne on the tongue
- Steroids. The fact that the drug fights against inflammations and neoplasms of the oral mucosa is scientifically proven. There are a number of steroids that are sold without a prescription, they should be emphasized. You can also contact your doctor to a specialist to find the best medicine for you. Local steroids contain hydrogen peroxide (not to be confused with peroxide), fluotionid and benzocaine. The most common and well-proven drugs are considered to be the following: "Betameson valerate" (0.1 mg dosage), "Triamcinolone" or "Kenalog Orabeyz" (0.5-1%), and also "Hydrocortisone hemisuccinate".
- Lozenges. In the pharmacy, you will find sprays and lozenges for sucking, which have an analgesic effect. They perfectly relieve swelling, reduce the size of acne and do not irritate the oral cavity with moderate use. Be sure to refer to the instructions, in which the manufacturer indicates the maximum daily dose and frequency of use. As a rule, tablets should be absorbed every 3–4 hours, and sprays should be used once every 2.5–3 hours. To avoid swallowing difficulties, dissolve the candies completely, do not chew or swallow them.
- Antihistamines. The most common cause of acne on the tongue is food allergies. Antihistamines block receptors and completely stop the reaction. Drugs must be taken strictly according to instructions, the dosage is calculated based on the weight and age of the patient. Before buying read the column "Composition", there must be present components such as cetirizine and diphenhydramine. Since antihistamine medications produce a sedative effect, it is recommended to refuse to drive a car or to engage in active mental and physical activity during treatment.
- Capsaicin ointment. The drug belongs to the category of analgesics, it is used during severe puffiness, unbearable pain and permanent discomfort. The frequency of application of Capsaicin ointment ranges from 3 to 4 times per day. In this case, it is not necessary to cover the tongue with a large number of the composition, rather thin film. An important feature of the use of ointment is the appearance of painful sensations immediately after application, but do not worry. The tool will quickly act, the discomfort will pass after 5-10 minutes. You should not use Capsaicin ointment for a long period, the drug damages the tissues of the tongue, as a result of which the sensitivity is lost.
- Rinsing liquid. Get a treatment for the oral cavity with a disinfecting and anesthetic effect. Prefer compositions containing chlorhexidine or benzidamine, or use the last named products in diluted form according to the instructions.
Chlorhexidine kills bacteria, relieves swelling, benzidamine reduces pain and prevents further acne. Dilute 50 ml. drug in 200 ml. filtered water, rinse the mouth for 20-30 seconds. Repeat until you use the entire composition.
Pimples on the tongue may appear due to allergies to certain products. In this case, it is necessary to remove the allergens from the usual diet, at least until you get rid of the tumors. Use folk or medication methods, watch the dosage.