The cuticle has a protective function, it is located at the base of the nail, thereby preventing the penetration of bacteria and foreign bodies under the plate. The skin in this area must be removed, otherwise the hands lose their aesthetic appearance, and the manicure looks inaccurate. In addition to the trimming technique, there is a European technique that is more benign. Consider the important aspects of the care of the cuticle, and also learn how to deal with burrs.
Proper care of the cuticle includes cutting it. Otherwise, the skin “cuts” into the nail plate, as a result of which further removal becomes an extremely difficult process.
Before proceeding to the treatment, the epidermis must be steamed. For these purposes, there are baths that are prepared on the basis of medicinal plants.
- Natural oils. Mix corn, vegetable and sea buckthorn oils together. Put the composition in the microwave, heat to an acceptable temperature. Place the tips in the bath with your finger, hold for a quarter of an hour.
- Citrus fruit. Crush in a convenient way a third of an orange, a quarter of a grapefruit and a third of a lemon, along with the peel. Pour 40 ml. vegetable oil, add 10 gr. ground cinnamon. Mix in a blender, lower fingers into the composition for 10-20 minutes. At the end of the manipulation, remove excess wipes.
- Medicinal herbs. Blow in boiling water 20 gr. Calendula officinalis, 35 gr. chamomile, 30 gr. lemon balm or mint. Brew infusion for about half an hour, then heat the solution and make a bath. Exposure time - 20 minutes.
- Soda. Dissolve 100 gr. soda in 1 liter of hot water, drop 10 ml. any ether (esters). Perform the procedure for 10 minutes.
- Iodine and beer. Preheat in a convenient manner 500 ml. beer, add 5 drops of iodine solution and 40 grams. food salt. Wait for the crystals to dissolve; do the bath for a quarter of an hour.
After steaming, wipe your fingers with a paper towel. To soften the cuticle as much as possible before circumcision, rub liquid vitamin E in the nails and the area around them, which is sold in a pharmacy (release form - ampoules). After that, wait half an hour, brush the brush with moisturizer.
The method is considered a classic of the genre, to remove the cuticle used nail forceps or scissors with thin edges. If you are performing the procedure for the first time, be careful. Improperly positioned hands can injure the skin and contribute to the appearance of burrs.
It is worth remembering forever that circumcision of the cuticle is the removal of the keratinized layer of skin, and not of living matter. Do not neglect the softening stage, then the procedure will be comfortable and fast.
To perform a classic (cut) manicure, you will need a cuticle stylus, nail scissors or tweezers, vitamin A (ampoules).
- Sterilize items in advance, lay them in front of you on a paper napkin. Disinfect hands, especially fingers.
- To make the skin soft throughout the procedure, lubricate it with any natural oil or use a special liquid.
- Take an orange stick or stylus, push the cuticle up to the bottom of the plate. You should see dead layers in order to remove them later.
- Take the little finger with your free hand, press it to pull off the cuticle. Remove the skin on both sides of the nail with forceps, move from the edges to the middle (the upper point of the base of the nail). In no case do not remove the cuticle in one direction, move carefully from different sides.
- Next, process each finger, cutting the cuticle. Remove burrs, carefully cut the edge to prevent the emergence of new formations.
- Moisten a cosmetic swab in Chlorhexidine or hydrogen peroxide, wipe the skin around the nail. Rub vitamin A into the cuticle, do not wash your hands until completely absorbed.
Unlike a cut manicure, European technology is more modern and safer.
For the procedure, you will need to put on the paper napkin a pre-sterilized cuticle stylus, vitamin E, a cosmetic gel for removing the cuticle, cotton swabs, a composition to slow the growth of the skin around the base of the plate.
- Disinfect your hands, file your nails, giving them the necessary shape. Using the stylus slide the cuticle to the base of the nail plate.
- Shake the bottle with the cuticle remover, squeeze the product onto a cotton swab and evenly cover the horny skin. Do not touch the healthy areas, otherwise they, too, "melt."
- Examine the reverse side of the tube, the manufacturer indicates the interval that must be sustained. In European and American brands, it ranges from 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the expiration date, it is necessary to remove the softener together with the cuticle. For these purposes, use a dry cotton swab. Spend it on the right and left side of the nail, shifting the skin to the middle. After that, wipe your finger with a cosmetic swab, erasing the slurry mixture, which was obtained by mixing the cuticle with the remover.
- In cases where the dead cells are not completely steamed, clean them with an orange stick and a cotton pad moistened with olive oil.
- When the procedure has come to an end, rinse your hands, wipe your fingers with a cotton towel, rub vitamin A into your nails and the skin around them. Wait until the compound soaks, apply the growth retardant on the cuticle.
- If the growths do not cause much trouble, soothe the skin with natural oil. Dampen a cotton pad in it, attach it to the damaged place, fix it with adhesive tape. Wait 10-20 minutes, then lubricate the skin with baby cream.
- When cutting a burr, remove your hand only after you are sure that the skin will not be caught. Scissors are suitable for large formations, tongs for small ones. At the end of the action, always wipe the cuticle with hydrogen peroxide.
- In cases where, as a result of poor care, the burrs turn into an abscess, they should be treated with more effective methods. Use regenerating ointments, such as "Diperzolone", "Panthenol", "Oxicort", "Geocorton", "Dermozolon". In the manual you will find recommendations of the manufacturer, which should be followed.
- To keep the cuticle in a diligent state, purchase vitamins in ampoules (group A, E). Rub them every day several times.
- In winter and summer, use hand protection in the form of creams. In cold weather, nutrient (anti-frost) formulations are suitable; in warm weather, moisturizing hydrogels should be preferred. The tool is applied for half an hour before going out.
- Due to dehydration, the skin dries out strongly, this also applies to the cuticle. Drink about 2.5-3 liters of fluid per day, focus on clean water and natural juices.
- Before washing dishes or other chores that involve prolonged contact with water, proceed according to a proven pattern. Pour baby talc with chamomile in gloves, shake them and put them on your hands.
- Do the manicure correctly, do not neglect the steaming, do not be lazy to prepare the baths. Advice is especially relevant if you use a trimming technique. Take the habit of using forceps and scissors, do not choose one thing.
- Periodically indulge the pens with a decoction of medicinal herbs. You can use any plants at your discretion. Brew them, give up and hold for 20 minutes.
- If the cuticle remover cosmetic is misleading, read reviews about it. In most cases, the approval is found preparations of the series "Smart enamel", which is sold in a pharmacy. The composition must be applied in a thick layer, otherwise the effect will be uneven.
It is recommended to remove the cuticle at least 1 time in 7-14 days. In no case do not allow it to grow into the cavity of the nail, otherwise you will have to contact the master to remove defects. Make it a habit to constantly carry with you emollients for your hands. Lubricate them with your fingers as soon as you notice that the cuticle is too dry. The Council is relevant both in winter and in summer.