Herpes virus is in the body of almost every person. In most cases, the virus proceeds in a passive form. If the body is weakened, the immunity is reduced, the virus appears small bubbles on the lips, less often on other parts of the face and body. These bubbles hurt, itch, but most importantly, they spoil the appearance of a person, causing him discomfort. According to the law of meanness, herpes appears at the moment when we need to look so perfect - before a wedding, a date or an important party. Before you learn how to get rid of herpes quickly and for a long time, let's figure out where this virus comes from and whether it is possible to prevent the appearance of hated bubbles.
What is herpes
This is a viral disease that we usually infect in our early childhood from our parents, brothers and sisters. The virus can be picked up by kissing, using common canteens and home appliances, and even by droplets through coughing and sneezing.
Herpes settles in the body and lives there safely. However, only a fifth of the infected it manifests rashes on the mucous membranes. Usually, a rash appears on the lips, cheeks from the inside, in the nose. What is the impetus for the appearance of unpleasant cosmetic defects on the face?
- Colds and any viral infections. At the moment when a bacterium has entered the body, it weakens and cannot withstand the virus that lives inside.
- Cold. If you soaked your feet or bathed in cold water for a long time, herpes will definitely be felt. This is because the immune system is weakened.
- Stress and overstrain, fatigue. Nervous breakdown is also a weakness of the body and the inability to resist the herpes virus.
- Diets Unbalanced nutrition and lack of vitamins makes the body unable to protect itself.
- Ultraviolet. Herpes rash can be caused by a long stay under the sun.
- Menstruation. This is another period in the life of a woman when her body is defenseless.
How to treat herpes
The most important rule in the treatment of herpes is an early response. The sooner you begin treatment, the more successful it will be. Perhaps you suppress the virus on the vine, not even allowing it to develop.
Herpes is well treated with antiviral ointments. The most effective of them are Acyclovir, Zovirax, Flutsinar, Gerpevir. As soon as you feel itching on the lips, immediately you need to apply ointment on the skin, this will help prevent the appearance of bubbles. Some drugs presented are in the form of tablets. These tablets are used in combination with ointment in difficult and neglected cases. They must be drunk according to a specific scheme presented in the instructions.
As soon as you have herpes on your lips, you become contagious to others. Therefore, try not to kiss your relatives, use individual towels and dishes. Even a toothbrush brush should stand alone.
You can not touch the rash with your hands - you can move the infection. Do not open the bubbles - further infection of the skin may begin. Do not peel off the sore - wait until it heals and disappears on its own. By the way, you can not apply antiviral cream directly from the tube - the bacterium can penetrate into the medicine. You also can not do this with your finger. It is best to use a cotton swab or cotton swab. Those who use contact lenses should not moisten the lens with saliva, this can lead to infection of the eye mucosa. These simple rules will help to quickly defeat herpes and suppress it at the very beginning.
Homemade recipes against herpes on the lips
Sometimes it happens that at hand there are no pharmacy tools that could cope with herpes. And then, in order to prevent the disease from developing, it must be treated with folk remedies.
- Kalanchoe or aloe. These plants have the strongest bactericidal properties. To process the lips, you will need fresh juice from freshly cut leaves.
- Corvalol. This is a well-known medicine for the heart. However, few people know that it can suppress a viral rash. It must be dripped onto the wound every three hours so that the herpes retreats.
- Hot water. This folk remedy for herpes is the procedure for steaming herpes wounds. You need to take a deep bowl so that you can submerge the jaw. Then pour hot water into the bowl and dip the lips into the water. Herpes rash should be in the water. Nose leave open to be able to breathe. The virus simply dies in hot water. Keep the jaw in water for about 10 minutes, then lubricate herpes with tetracycline or alcohol solution. In one procedure you will get rid of itching and pain, the second procedure will relieve from the crust. And if you make this session, as soon as you feel the approach of the rash, it will not appear at all. For a better effect, decoction of antibacterial herbs can be used instead of ordinary hot water.
- Soda. As soon as you see redness on the lip, you can make soda gruel. Just mix the soda with water to the consistency of sour cream and apply on an itchy skin.
- Laundry soap. It contains salicylic acid, which perfectly heals and dries wounds. It is necessary to soap a cotton swab and apply to the lip as often as possible.
- Fir oil. This is a very good way to get rid of herpes and eliminate inflammation on the lip. Just soak a cotton swab in the oil and apply to the wound. There will be a slight burning sensation, but it must be suffered.
- Propolis. Everyone knows that honey and bee products have antimicrobial properties. Therefore, for the treatment of herpes, we use propolis. They need to cauterize the wound several times a day. Better yet, make a decoction. A small piece of propolis pour a glass of water and cook over low heat. Then soak in a saturated broth a piece of clean bandage and attach to herpes. For the duration of the effect, you can fix the compress adhesive tape.
- Garlic. This is another excellent bactericidal agent to combat the virus. It is necessary to drop garlic juice on the wound or just anoint the bubbles with a cut clove.
- Mint. Mint will help to cope with herpes on the lips. Prepare a rich broth from mint or eucalyptus and make a compress on his lips. With the same success, you can use toothpaste or peppermint lotion after shaving. Menthol will relieve itching, eliminate redness and cope with pain.
- Vinegar. You can lubricate the wound with a weak solution of apple cider vinegar.
- Vaseline and calendula. Dry flowers of a plant need to be crushed and mixed with vaseline. Store in the refrigerator and lubricate the lips 4-6 times a day.
It is not recommended to cauterize the cold that has begun with iodine, brilliant green or alcohol. This method does not help to cope with the virus, but only burn the mucous.
Cold Lip Prevention
Even if you have managed herpes, you should understand that it can appear at any time. Therefore, to prevent the recurrence of the disease, you must comply with preventive measures.
To the body could resist the virus, increase immunity. Drink decoctions of ginseng, rose hip and ginger tea, harden, eat healthy foods and exercise. It is also important to have proper rest and sleep so that the body has time to recuperate. Do not bring yourself to overwork, try to be less nervous.
Prepare the juice from carrots, beets, apples and parsley. This drink allows the body to build a protective barrier against the herpes virus. If you drink this mix at the first symptoms of the disease, it will not develop, and if you drink this juice regularly, you can say goodbye to herpes forever.
During the autumn-winter period, and especially when there is a flu epidemic, try to avoid crowded places. Use oxolinic ointment before leaving the house, and after coming home, wash your hands with soap and water. If herpes on the lips occurs often, you should consult a doctor. You may have hidden infections that need to be treated.
Herpes on the lips - it's just a cold, which quickly passes. Do not be upset because of their appearance - no one is perfect. Let it be another reminder that health is a reflection of a person’s lifestyle.