Shaving is considered the most simple and affordable way to remove excess vegetation. The advantages of the procedure include the convenience of use, because the device can be taken on vacation. Also, hair removal is painless. The downside is the fact that the "hemp" appear the very next day after shaving. The variety of devices is impressive, you can find a machine with two, three or even four blades. At the same time it will include a moisturizing strip, providing a smooth glide.
- In many girls, the skin of the legs has small tubercles that appear due to subcutaneous acne. In such situations, it is recommended to drink a course of anti-acne complex or use the appropriate ointment. Otherwise, you will cut the skin, which will cause inflammation and burning.
- As a rule, irritation appears after shaving on the treated areas. To avoid the consequences, purchase a hydrocortisone-based ointment at a pharmacy. It is important to remember that the drug has a strong effect, so it must be applied strictly according to the instructions.
- Regardless of whether you choose a reusable or disposable machine, you need to change the blades after every fourth procedure. Pay attention to the moistening strip: if it is worn out, use a new device. Do not wait until the blade becomes blunt.
- Shaving is carried out exclusively after steaming and moisturizing the epidermis. You can not drive the machine on dry skin, otherwise you will provoke cuts and peeling. After shaving, you can not go to the solarium or sunbathe for 12 hours.
- It is not recommended to use cold water for shaving, even if the procedure is carried out in summer. Goose bumps will appear on the skin, you will cut off the top edge of the tubercles with a sharp blade. Such a move would entail the appearance of wounds.
- To shave your legs without subsequent dryness and irritation, refuse to use toilet soap (even in combination with moisturizing ingredients such as "Dove"). Such cosmetics tightens the skin, promotes cracking and severe damage.
- Do not neglect the shaving products, designed with the female epidermis. If you have sensitive skin, give preference to products based on aloe vera or chamomile. Select the consistency of the composition at your discretion (gel, foam, etc.).
- Do not use a razor 2-3 times on one area. If there is a need to remove intractable hairs, re-apply the shaving agent, only then repeat the previous manipulations. Otherwise, a cut or irritation will appear on the skin.
- Choose a quality machine with three blades, do not allow the accumulation of hairs between the cutting elements. To ensure that the blades perform their function, rinse them after each pass over the area being treated.
- Take care of caring products in advance, which slow down hair growth after depilation and eliminate irritation. Pay attention to products marked "double moisturizing" and "nutrition."
Preparation of leg skin for depilation
This stage is the most important. Carefully carried out preparation contributes to the ingrown hairs on the surface, smoothing the skin and remove dead scales, stuck between the blades.
To begin, take a hot shower or bath with the addition of medicinal decoction based on chamomile, sage, geranium or other herbs. Well rub the skin with a washcloth, then peel, having prepared a scrub according to the chosen recipe.
- Sour cream and granulated sugar. Mix fat sour cream at room temperature with brown sugar in such a way that a thick scrub is obtained. Rub a hard apple with a coarse grater, add to the previous mixture. Peel the feet for a quarter of an hour, then rinse and shave.
- Walnut and porridge. Take 10 gr. chopped cinnamon (about 2 sticks), mix it with medium-sized oatmeal. Pour the heated milk into the mixture, knead the paste. Peel the walnuts, you need 2 handfuls of kernels. Crush the nuts in a blender to get a crumb. Combine the two composition in one, add sour cream. Rub the feet with the cooked scrub for 10 minutes, rinse with warm water only.
Oil and sea salt. Leave the butter (80 gr.) At room temperature for 1 hour. When it melts, add 30 grams. shallow sea salt and 25 gr. sugar sand. Rub the feet with the mixture for 5 minutes, not longer. Rinse with lightly warm water and shower gel.
- Coffee grounds. To prepare the scrub, you need to take fresh, spent coffee grounds and mix it with liquid cream soap. In the end, should get a thick paste that will not be spread on the legs. Apply the scrub to the skin, start rubbing it with massaging movements. Manipulate until the mixture begins to roll. Rinse with warm water, proceed to depilation.
- Olive oil and almonds. Grind in a blender 100 gr. roasted almonds, pour 45 ml. olive oil. Rub the skin of the feet for 10-15 minutes until it becomes soft. In most cases, almonds are used on dry and combination skin.
- Coconut and curd. Grate the coconut pulp on a grater with a shallow section, partially dry in the oven so that the composition is slightly rougher. Connect the chips with the rich country cottage cheese, pour 20 ml. vegetable oil and 10 gr. vodka / brandy. Make skin peeling feet, rinse off with warm water. If you have dry skin, replace the alcoholic beverage with aloe vera juice.
- Peel of citrus and honey. Take the peel from a single orange, lemon or grapefruit. Dry it in the sun or with an oven. Crush with a blender / coffee grinder, mix with strongly candied honey. If desired, add the pulp or juice of fruit, olive oil. Perform the scrubbing procedure for 10 minutes, then rinse well and start the depilation.
- Pharmacy vitamins (A, E). The pharmacy sells vitamins in 10 ml ampoules. You need groups A and E (2 pcs.). Mix them with sugar in such a way that at the exit to get a pasty mixture. Pour 15 ml upon request. natural oils (vegetable, olive or corn). Rub the skin with the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Soda and apple. Crush the apple in porridge with a blender or mince. Add 30 grams. potato starch, 20 gr. sugar and 15 grams. drinking soda. Pour a handful of any abrasive compound (ground almonds, walnuts, ground oatmeal, coffee grounds, etc.). Peel your feet for 7 minutes, then rinse with warm (closer to cold) water.
How to shave your legs with a razor
- After preparing the skin, you can begin depilation. As mentioned earlier, it is important to use mousse or gel, and not toilet soap. If possible, purchase a tool designed specifically for women ("Vit", etc.). If this is not possible, use a male shaving gel. To begin, distribute the composition on the skin of the legs to the knees (inclusive), wait 3 minutes.
- After that, take a razor, scald it with boiling water or very hot water. Such a move will kill existing bacteria (if the machine is not new), and also makes the blades more flexible. Begin to lead the razor from the ankle to the knee, do not make any sudden movements. Drive slowly and smoothly against hair growth.
- Do not forget that you can not process the same place several times. If there is an urgent need for this, re-apply the gel / foam and wait 3 minutes. Only then repeat the shave. When the drumstick is processed, go directly to the patella.
- Rinse the machine again with boiling water, distribute the cream (copious layer) at the place of depilation. Gently rub the razor from all sides of the knee. Be extremely careful not to cut the skin in the area of the bone. Repeat with the second leg, proceed to the next stage.
- Rinse the legs (starting from the hips) with warm (closer to hot) water. Apply shaving foam to your thighs, wait 3 minutes. Continue depilating the legs from the patella to the thighs (bottom-up). As in the previous case, if the hairs are not completely removed, shave them off after reapplying the mousse.
- After depilation, wash off the mousse thoroughly, do not use shower gel or soap for this purpose. If you want to treat the skin, carry out the procedure with the use of cream-gel for intimate hygiene. Complete shaving by applying a special lotion that prevents ingrown hair. The composition is distributed over slightly moist skin.
- If you find severe inflammation, lubricate your feet with olive oil or any regenerating ointment ("Bepanten", "Depantenol", "Panthenol", "Dexpanthenol", "Boro Plus", etc.). You can use a cream with a moisturizing effect, but the result will be insufficient.
Shaving legs: common mistakes
- When the girls are in a hurry, they hurry to the bathroom and quickly begin to shave their legs. The machine can not cope with such a volume, so irritation appears on the skin. Eliminate such manipulations, run the razor over the skin slowly and without sudden movements.
- A huge mistake is to conduct depilation on irritated and inflamed skin. Such epidermis does not have a lipid (protective) layer. Spending a razor, you only exacerbate the situation. Ultimately wounds are formed that leave blue spots behind.
- If the skin has cracks, abrasions or purulent acne, it is impossible to carry out the depilation. Refrain from the procedure, temporarily wear pants, not skirts. Throughout the treatment apply regenerating agents.
- As mentioned earlier, you can not sunbathe in the sun or in the solarium for 12 hours after shaving. The same applies to a very hot bath and shower, refrain from exposure to high temperatures. It is also not recommended to visit freshwater sources (river, reservoir, etc.).
- Another mistake is depilation in the evening. It is important to remember forever that the procedure is best done in the morning. After waking, the skin is smoother and more elastic, this aspect facilitates the sliding of the razor.
Using a razor is not a big deal. To start, take a hot bath or shower, rub your skin with a washcloth. Choose your favorite scrub recipe, make a peeling. Apply shaving foam, soak it for 3 minutes, then proceed to the depilation. Move from the ankle to the thighs, complete the manipulation using the aftershave cream.