Feijoa is an exotic fruit that has long been loved by our compatriots. It is used fresh and harvested for the winter in the form of jam. With a lack of vitamins in the body such a delicacy will benefit, strengthen the immune system and increase the activity of important human systems. Let's look at the basic recipes of food and everything connected with it.
The benefits of feijoa jam
- Sweetness accumulates a lot of ascorbic acid, which is called none other than vitamin C. It is necessary for the human immune system, reducing susceptibility to viral infections and increasing metabolism.
- Delicacy protects the stomach from peptic ulcer, has a positive effect on the work of the pancreas and intestines. This treat stimulates the brain's neurons, which improves memory.
- Fruit and all the treats from it are shown for use by persons with susceptibility to atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Jam or jam as well as possible affects the circulatory system and heart.
- However, in order not to harm the body, you need to take into account the possible prohibitions to take. The list includes diabetes mellitus, infancy and the period of childbearing.
- It is also worth mentioning the effect of feijoa jam on the kidneys and liver. After a large feast, just one spoonful of treats will relieve a hangover and bring out ethyl alcohol.
Feijoa jam without cooking
- granulated sugar - 1.8 kg.
- feijoa - 1.9 kg.
- Conduct the preparation of raw materials for further action. Fruits should be subjected to washing and drying, then dried and chopped with a food processor.
- Combine the resulting mass with granulated sugar in the recipe, mix and allow the granules to melt.
- Sterilize the container and be sure to dry it so that no water drops remain. Package treats in containers, roll up, ready!
Feijoa Pear Jams
- granulated sugar - 245 gr.
- pear - 0.15 kg.
- Feijoa - 0.9 kg.
- sweet wine (preferably white) - 0.15 l.
- Each feijoa fruit should be washed and dried from water in advance, then cut and remove the pulp. Pears are cleared from the hearts, cut into equal cube.
- Combine the fruits together, add sugar with wine. Send the ingredients to boil at low power until bubbles appear.
- Then turn off the burner, cool, repeat cooking before boiling several more times. At the third stage, after switching off the plate, the composition is immediately packaged and sealed.
Feijoa jam with orange
- Orange - 80 gr.
- Feijoa - 0.4 kg.
- granulated sugar - 0.75 kg.
- First, all components must be freed from inedible parts, then pass through a blender or meat grinder. Combine ingredients with granulated sugar.
- Wait for the pores when the crystallized composition is dissolved. Boil until bubbles begin to form, hot roll on the jars and keep turned upside down to cool.
Feijoa jam with nuts
- water - 480 ml.
- lemon powder - 6 gr.
- nuts (optional) - 220 gr.
- feijoa - 970 gr.
- orange peel - 4 handfuls
- orange - 1 pc.
- granulated sugar - 480 gr.
- Release each fruit from the peel and cut the flesh, sprinkle it with sugar and wait at least 2 hours. Peel fresh orange peel from the white layer inside, cut the top orange part into strips.
- Rinse the nuts with water beforehand, dry on towels, then roast them on a dry frying pan without adding oil. Next, they are large shred in random order.
- Sugar by that time already well melted, mix it with nuts and chopped orange peel. Add here the juice of whole orange and lemon.
- Set the already combined ingredients on the fire, cook at low power until thickening. As soon as this happens, record 8 minutes and turn it off. Prepack immediately and let cool.
Feijoa honey jam
- bee honey - 110 ml.
- walnut - 95 gr.
- feijoa ripe - 7 pcs.
- Prepare the nuts so that the peeled kernels remain without partitions. Wash the fruit thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Chop the feijoa in small pieces.
- Send the berries and nuts into the bowl of the blender. Turn on the home appliance and get a uniform mix from the products. After that, enter into the mass of floral honey, mix. Spread the jam over the glass jars. Close up. The shelf life of the treat is no more than half a year.
Ginger Lemon Jam with Feijoa
- ginger root (peeled) - 6.5 cm.
- sugar - 380 gr.
- lemon fresh - 130 ml.
- feijoa - 480-500 gr.
- First, the fruit must be freed from the stem, then rinse and cut off the tip. Prepare a combine or meat grinder for work, including the minimum nozzle.
- Pass the feijoa through the device to get a mush. If necessary, you can carry out these actions several times. Relocate this compound to a refractory container with a thick bottom.
- Crush the peeled ginger root on a grater, mix it with lemon juice and send these ingredients into a common cooking container. Set the pot on the stove, set the average power.
- Wait for the first bubbles to appear, then note the time. After 7-8 minutes, turn off the heat, pack the ready hot treats in jars.
Pomegranate jam with feijoa
- ripe pomegranate - 1 pc.
- Feijoa - 950 gr.
- Sugar - 1.1 kg.
- Gently remove the peel from the pomegranate so as not to damage the fruit. Separate the seeds from the septa. Wash the feijoa using classic technology and dry. Pass the products through a blender.
- Add sugar to slurry and mix. Wait for the crystals to dissolve. Re-mix the mass. Spread the treat in sterile jars and close the capron lid. Store raw jam in the fridge.
Lemon Jam with Honey and Feijoa
- floral honey - 120 gr.
- feijoa ripe - 17-20 pcs.
- medium size lemon - 1 pc.
- Remove the lemon zest and remove the bones. Wash the feijoa fruit and dry it. Chop the food into pieces of arbitrary shape and send it to the blender.
- Pour the prepared mass into a suitable bowl and mix the beekeeping product. Spread the treat in sterile containers. Roll banks and store in a dark cool place.
Feijoa jam with orange
- granulated sugar - 0.6 kg.
- feijoa - 1.1 kg.
- orange - 1 pc.
- Peel the citrus peel and, if necessary, get rid of the bones. Rinse the green fruits of running water and wipe dry. Remove tails.
- Grind fruits in a food processor. Pour mass into the pan. Sprinkle sand and mix. Tomite dainty on a lazy fire to boil. Turn off the stove. After cooling, roll up the jam.
Feihoava kiwi jam
- Kiwi - 500 gr.
- lemon - 2 pcs.
- Feijoa - 950 gr.
- water - 0.5 liters.
- citric acid - 6 gr.
- granulated sugar - 550 gr.
- Wash the fruit and remove all excess. Carefully inspect the products so that they are not damaged. Lemons are recommended to be doused with boiling water and wiped dry. Pass the green fruit through the meat grinder. Citrus grind on a large grater.
- Combine all the ingredients, except citrus and add sugar, lemon. Send the refractory tank to the burner. Boil delicacy is not the average power of the plate. As soon as the jam begins to thicken, add lemon. Tomit mass of about 10 minutes on low heat. Pour hot delicacy on sterile cans, seal the cork.
- filtered water - 250 ml.
- lemon juice - 150 ml.
- sugar - 1.8 kg.
- feijoa - 1.9 kg.
- powdered pectin - 2 sachets
- Wash fruit and divide into 2 parts. Place in a pot of water. Boil the feijoa for half an hour. Do not forget to stir. In parallel, combine lemon juice, pectin and sugar.
- Enter a homogeneous mass to the fruit. Boil the ingredients until the crystals dissolve. As soon as the composition begins to boil, cut 30 minutes. Turn off the stove and roll the jam in sterile containers.
Feijoa jam is prepared quite simply. In order not to bother too much, it makes sense to consider a raw recipe. In this case, do not have to cook anything and roll up the banks. Keep the jam in a cool place and enjoy it with loved ones. When using, consider not only the beneficial properties, but also the possible harm.