Who among us did not feel in the throat coma, which is impossible to swallow or cough up? Most often this phenomenon occurs as a result of a strong emotional experience - stress, fear, fear, restrained tears. As a rule, in most cases, the lump in the throat disappears some time after the cause of the disturbance has been removed. But sometimes someone lingers and torments a person for several days or months. In this case, you need to look for the cause of discomfort and a way out of the situation.
A lump in the throat is accompanied by additional symptoms; a person cannot eat normally, breathing is sometimes difficult. Often from a coma in the throat there is dryness, burning, thirst, tickling. Sometimes even the voice changes. But where does this lump come from and for what reason does it arise in our throat?
Causes of coma in the throat
- Psychological reason. As noted, most often a lump in the throat occurs for neurological reasons. A person can “get stuck” in the throat due to a strong emotional upheaval and experience - exam, interview, public speaking. Along with a lump in a person, hands can sweat, he is trembling, his head is spinning, he is sick. All these symptoms go away after the irritant disappears. If a person experiences a sensation of tightness in his throat in any stressful situation, he should be able to calm himself down - breathing exercises and auto-training. Often a lump in the throat arises due to neurosis of the pharynx. In this case, it is imperative that you see a neurologist.
- Health of the oropharynx. Another common cause of discomfort in the throat area can be various infections and bacteria. The main diseases that can cause a feeling of stuck coma are sore throat, bronchitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis and tonsillitis. When an infection or bacterium enters the throat and larynx, the inflammatory process begins. Tonsils, tonsils can swell, bringing discomfort and a feeling of "something extra" in the throat. Often the disease becomes acute when the inflammation becomes purulent. White bubbles with pus are also very significant and are felt as a lump in the throat. In this case, washing and warming is prescribed by an ENT specialist. At home it is necessary to regularly gargle with various disinfectants and anti-inflammatory solutions.
- Thyroid. Another medical reason for which there is a lump in the throat can be called problems with the thyroid gland. Some diseases of the thyroid gland are also associated with a sensation of foreign seals in the larynx, for example, nodular goiter. However, it should be noted that in this case the patient does not have problems with swallowing.
- External factors. Sometimes irritation comes from the outside. For example, if you ate something solid, not chewing food well. Often the throat is damaged by burning too hot. Sometimes a burn can be chemical - if you drank a glass of strong alcohol in one gulp. In this case, the damaged mucosa can also be inflamed. And if an infection gets into an open wound, there are pustules, which can also cause a sensation of a lump in the throat. Sometimes the throat can become inflamed if a foreign object is stuck in it. Usually they come to the doctor with a fish-bone, which is very difficult to pull out. In these situations, antibiotics are prescribed to suppress the inflammatory process, rinsing, and a sparing diet - nothing cold, hot, sour, or spicy.
It is fair to note that after finding out the reason, you should follow the instructions of the doctor. But how to understand that a lump in the throat is a consequence of a disease?
To which doctor to contact if there is a lump in the throat
If a lump in the throat is a frequent or permanent occurrence, a lot of tests need to be done and many doctors will visit to determine the true cause of the discomfort.
- First of all, you need to turn to the therapist. He will prescribe a complete blood count and urine test, a biochemical blood test. According to its results, it will be possible to judge whether there are inflammatory processes in the body.
- ENT doctor will carefully examine the oral cavity, lymph nodes, larynx, tonsils and ligaments.
- The endocrinologist will send for an ultrasound of the thyroid gland and will offer to pass tests for the content of its hormones.
- You may be referred to a gastroenterologist, because some diseases of the digestive system may be accompanied by a lump in the throat. But in this case, you will feel a heaviness in the stomach and taste of acid.
- If a lump in the throat is accompanied by dizziness when turning, you may be asked to do an x-ray, CT scan, or magnetic resonance imaging of the cervical spine. With the results of these tests, you will go to a spinal doctor.
- Of course, you need to get an appointment with a neurologist. Sometimes a lump in the throat can be the result of a disturbance in the nervous system. Usually, in this case, a lump in the throat occurs when the seasons and weather peaks change.
- Sometimes you can be sent to an oncologist for an appointment. But do not worry, it is done as if for prophylaxis, in order for sure to exclude oncology. Indeed, sometimes a lump in the throat can be the cause of growth in the larynx of a tumor — malignant or benign.
- If no obvious reasons have been identified, the patient is sent to a psychotherapist. Most likely, the formation of coma in the throat is associated with psychosomatic aspects. In this case, sedatives and sedatives are prescribed.
How to get rid of a lump in the throat with folk remedies
There are several proven ways to help eliminate lump in the throat at home. The most effective means is various gargles. They will eliminate the foci of inflammation, soothe the mucous membranes, relieve swelling and prevent the development of the disease.
- To get rid of the infection in the throat, you need to prepare the following decoction. A tablespoon of chamomile and the same amount of calendula need to pour a glass of boiling water, cover tightly and wrap. Leave for an hour. The grass can be taken both fresh and dry pharmacy. Cooked broth must be filtered and diluted in half with water. This means you need to gargle 5-6 times a day, using about a third of a glass at a time. Chamomile will soothe the mucous and relieve irritation and redness. Calendula will give an antibacterial effect.
- Rinse with sea water. To do this, take a glass of water, add a third of a teaspoon of salt, a pinch of soda and a few drops of iodine. Stir and rinse this liquid throat several times a day.
- Throat can be gargled with a decoction of eucalyptus. To do this, pour two tablespoons of mint with a liter of boiling water and cook over low heat. Then you need to remove the broth from the heat, insist for another hour and strain. Gargle with the prepared product at least three times a day. Peppermint will give relief and relieve painful symptoms.
- Very effective rinsing solution of apple cider vinegar. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- You can also gargle with beetroot composition. To do this, beets need to grind grated and squeeze juice from it. To a glass of water you need to add a couple of tablespoons of fresh beet juice. Gargle with this compound 4-5 times a day.
- Do not forget about simple medicines against infections. Gargles with furatsilinom and chlorophilipt absolutely safe. These tools can be used even for small children and pregnant women.
- An excellent natural bactericidal agent is propolis. From it you need to prepare a decoction and gargle them throat three times a day.
If you want to get rid of the unpleasant sensation of a coma in your throat, it is important to understand that you need to change your life for the better. No smoking - it provokes a disease of the lungs and mouth. It is important to eat right by eating enough vitamins and minerals. More often in the fresh air and get enough sleep. If you often experience stress and feelings, eliminate the source of anxiety. If this is not possible, try to change his attitude. Is it that what you are worried about could be worth your health?
Sometimes a lump in the throat can occur if you are lying. Psychologically, you do not accept the false information that you are trying to convey to the interlocutor. Therefore, it is better to be honest and sincere. And then no lumps in your throat will visit you.