Cucumbers variety Moscow evenings F1 - hybrid early vegetable culture, relating to the indeterminant (with unlimited growth) type. The plant is unpretentious, does not require special care, easy to grow, even for novice gardeners. Seeds can be planted both on small personal plots, and on a large-scale farm. They are suitable for spring and summer use.
Features and advantages of culture
The main distinctive characteristics of the variety:
- Assignment to parthenocarpic form, which means the formation of a plant fruit without pollination. The fruit itself has no seeds.
- Female type of flowering. Cucumber flowers of this type of flowering are different ovaries, or rather a small cucumber.
- Active ability to form strong lashes and fruit set.
- Friendly ripening cucumber harvest.
Externally, the plant can be distinguished by a bright green color and wrinkled leaves with slightly wavy or smooth edges. The height of the bush of this hybrid is up to two meters.
Cucumbers are intended for consumption both fresh and in conservation. Possess high taste and aesthetic qualities.
The merits of culture:
- Ability to ripen both in open ground conditions and in film constructions. This is due to the fact that its growth does not require sunlight. Culture likes good lighting, but quietly tolerates its absence, which does not affect the yield indicators. It is being cultivated in greenhouses, equipped with a heating system, blocks.
- For fruit ovary, pollination is not required.
- High yield of cucumbers, which are formed beam type: up to three pieces in one node. During the season, up to 16 kg of cucumbers can be collected from 1 m2.
- Resistance to many cucumber diseases, including olive peel, flour dew, mozayke.
Cucumbers have a characteristic crunchy structure, dense inside, without the formation of voids. The main external signs:
- Juicy dark green color.
- Surface roughness: the presence of small, rarely located tubercles from each other.
- White spines of small size all over the skin.
- The weight of a cucumber is up to 110 grams. with its length up to 15 cm. The diameter of a cucumber is about 3.0 cm.
Cucumber culture can be planted in two ways:
- directly on the site.
Seedlings method is used when you want to get the harvest as soon as possible. From the moment of the appearance of the first shoots to the ripening of cucumbers, a time interval of 45 days passes.
To obtain a seedling material, the seeds are pre-disinfected, then sown in boxes filled with soil to a depth of 2.0 cm. From the moment of emergence until the age of 20 days, they are taken care of: they are watered with warm water and fed with organic fertilizers. After the seedlings are transplanted to the already permanent places of their cultivation, following the plan of planting 0.5 to 0.5 m. When planting, the seedlings have 4-6 leaves.
The goal of all vegetable growers is to determine the best way to plant a crop in order to obtain the maximum yield from the smallest area. In the process of carrying out various experimental plantings, this cucumber variety showed itself well when cultivated in the following ways:
- Take bulk plastic bags that hold at least 100 liters. You can also use ordinary canvas bags. Up to three plants are planted in them. Peat, sand or humus can be used as a soil. The culture is poured by feeding the required water into the hollow tubes, which are installed around a high stake driven into the center. Hooks with a fishing line at the end are attached to the stake. Three small pegs are driven into the circle of the planted plants, to which the second ends of the woods are attached. On these lines the plants will rise up.
- In the center of a circle with a diameter of about two meters a stake or a usual sharp stick with a hook at the top is driven in. On the outer base of the circle, seedlings are planted, which, growing, catch with their antennae on the fishing line, stretched with a hook and, located near each bush, small hammered pegs. This is a stunted method of growing.
- A crop is planted on two narrow parallel beds, at the beginning and end of which the stakes are driven in at an angle. A rake is installed on top of them, connecting all four hammered stakes. On the rail to each plant down a stretched fishing line. As they grow, the plants will be pulled upwards. This variation is called sloped cultivation.
Regardless of the method of cultivation, for the hybrid needs the same care. The plant is plentifully watered with water heated under the sun in a barrel. Watering is recommended in the evening, after sunset. As a top dressing of culture various types of fertilizers are used. They change as the plant grows. From the very beginning of planting they use nitrogen fertilizers, which at the time of the appearance of flowers are replaced by phosphorus and potash mixtures. The appearance of the first fruits marks the transition to mineral fertilizers. Top dressing is done every 8-10 days.
Loosening the soil helps to combat parasites that live on the root system, improves the aeration of the roots. To ensure the normal growth of the culture, it is enough to loosen from one to two times a week.
The control of pests attacking a garden culture involves treating the leaves and stems in one of the ways:
- Treatment with chemical poisoning solutions.
- Treatment with soapy water or blue vitriol.
- The use of folk remedies: infusion obtained from the husks of onions or garlic.
The practice of growing garden crops showed high yields even in the absence of sun. Throughout the growing season, cucumbers retain their flavor and aromatic qualities.