Oily skin delivers a lot of trouble to its owners. Due to the accelerated production of subcutaneous fat, cosmetics do not hold well on it, and the oily sheen makes the face tired and lifeless. The skin is subject to rashes and inflammation due to the constant accumulation of dirt in the pores. It is important to learn the basics of proper care to slow down the sebaceous glands. Consider the main aspects in order.
Causes of oily skin
- dysbacteriosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- hormonal disorders;
- incorrect use of cosmetics and home remedies;
- vascular dystonia;
- genetic predisposition;
- frequent exposure to stress and mood swings;
- deficiency of nutrients in the body;
- large accumulation of toxins and slags;
- renal failure;
- liver disease;
- excessive consumption of fatty and salty foods.
Signs of oily skin
- the appearance of oily shine after 20 minutes after washing;
- a large accumulation of black spots, inflammations and acne;
- concealer rolls in the area of fine wrinkles;
- rouge and powder do not stick to the skin.
Practical Care Tips
- To get rid of oily skin will help you the appropriate type of face skins and gels for washing. In combination with them, use a brush with natural bristles, it is sold in professional stores for face and body care. Wash with warm water to open the pores. Apply a cleanser to your hands, rub it between your palms and start massaging your face. After that, use a brush, carefully handle the T-shaped area, forehead, nose wings, temples and chin. These zones are most susceptible to high fat. After cleaning, wash with cold water to close the pores. Owners of this type of skin need to wash the procedure longer to remove all excess fat.
- To neutralize the inflamed areas and redness, buy cosmetic tonics and lotions marked "for oily skin." They contain antibacterial components that treat pustules and acne from the inside. Read the label on the back of the product; zinc oxide, hydrogen peroxide, activated carbon or acetylsalicylic acid should be contained in the cleaning tonic. Give preference only to products with a natural composition, the list of which is more or less familiar to you. Do not buy cosmetics of dubious brands in underground passages.
- Remove scavenges and peels will help you remove dead skin cells. You can buy them ready-made or use folk remedies. Such cosmetics perfectly cleans the pores of black spots, dries pimples and subsequently completely neutralizes them. Again, if you use store supplies, choose formulations with aspirin, zinc, peroxide, or coal. It is important to carefully remove all particles after completion of the procedure. Do not abuse such drugs, the frequency of use varies from 1 to 2 times in 10 days.
- When choosing a milk or lotion for removing makeup, give preference to products with an optimal pH complex. This also applies to the gel for washing. In no case do not clean your face with soap, it is not designed for such needs.
- If possible, forever renounce the use of foundation, powder and blush. They clog pores, causing glands to produce twice as much subcutaneous fat. If this is not possible, use color cosmetics for your skin type. As a rule, it is produced only in the professional series, so the cost will increase by 200-300 rubles.
- Review the daily menu. Avoid fried foods, steamed or baked in the oven. As for salty, spicy and sweet foods, they make your skin oily. Include in the menu more baked potatoes, lean meat, fish and seafood. Do not forget about the fruits and vegetables that support the water-salt balance in the body. Oily skin provokes excessive daily use of coffee, we recommend replacing it with chicory. Also, scientists have repeatedly proved that green tea awakens in the morning no worse than the usual invigorating drink. If you are an avid coffee lover, always use it only with cream or milk.
- Do not use fat cream as a nutrient. Prefer moisturizing serums or hydrogels that saturate the skin with oxygen. Use them once a day before bedtime, do not cover your face with copious amounts. It would be more correct to apply the gel on the fingers, rub it a little and, with a driving-in motion, walk over the skin, then remove the excess with a cosmetic swab or cotton pad. Such technology is used by professional masters. Before applying the serum, wipe your face with juice from fresh cabbage or carrots, these products normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands.
Baths for oily skin
The bath is held 2 times in 5 days. Couples perfectly open the pores, preparing the skin for further manipulations. After the procedure, it is not recommended to go outside, especially in frost and wind, for 6 hours. For these reasons, it is desirable to do the bath at night.
First you need to prepare the skin by removing all cosmetics. After that, wipe your face with a 3% peroxide solution or chlorhexidine. You can use a tonic or lotion, which includes such components.
As a device for the procedure, you can use a conventional inhaler. If not, prepare a pot and a towel. The procedure is quite simple: you tilt your head above the capacity, keeping a distance of 25 cm, cover it with a towel on top so that the steam does not evaporate, then close your eyes and wait 10 minutes. As an infusion, you can use herbal teas or plain boiled water. Fluid temperature should not exceed 40 degrees, otherwise steam will burn your face.
The following medicinal herbs are suitable for oily skin:
- St. John's wort;
- rose flowers;
- birch bark, oak;
- fresh or dried parsley;
- green tea with melissa or jasmine.
To prepare the broth, take three types of plants, each of them should be 25 grams. (total 75 gr.). After that, fill with 1.7 liters of water and languish on the stove for about a quarter of an hour. After the expiration date, add 12 drops of any essential oil, and safely proceed to the procedure. If desired, you can pour chopped dried zest of citrus fruits into the tub.
Lotions for oily skin
Home remedies thoroughly clean the pores, disinfect the skin and eliminate shine. In addition, lotions remove all impurities that have formed during the day and tighten overly open pores. Folk remedies help in the fight against acne and ulcers, because they have anti-inflammatory properties.
- For oily skin, the composition is prepared on the basis of wine, vodka, brandy, lingonberry, vinegar, mint, lemon or grapefruit.
- It is necessary to wipe the face at least 3 times a day, paying due attention to problem areas. The duration of the use of one composition - 2 months, then you need to choose another recipe. It is recommended to take a three-day break 1 time per month.
- After cooking, it should be poured into a vial and tightly closed with a lid, then put into a dark cabinet. The exposure time is usually 4-5 days, in some cases longer. Shake well before each use.
- Lotions especially relieve oily skin, if applied after a steam bath.
- Shelf life home drugs is 20 days subject to storage in the refrigerator.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 grapefruit and 1 lemon, combine with 40 gr. vodka or brandy, mix and leave to infuse in a dark place for 4 days.
- Chop 1 cucumber into thick slices and fill it with 120 ml. apple cider vinegar, close the lid and let it brew for at least 6 days. After this, strain the composition through gauze.
- Take 2 white lily flowers and fill them with 250 gr. vodka. Infuse the remedy for 1 month, then strain and dilute with mineral water without gas in equal amounts.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 handful of unripe grapes, add the crushed sea salt, 25 gr. honey and 80 ml. water. Stir ingredients, insist 4 days.
- In 120 ml. boiling water add crushed leaves of fresh lemon balm, 30 ml. lemon juice, 20 ml. cabbage juice and 10 gr. boric alcohol. Insist the composition for about a day, then filter and apply for its intended purpose.
- Pour 170 ml. cranberry juice 230 ml. Brandy, insist 3 weeks. At the end of the term, filter through gauze.
- Pour 45 gr. Hypericum 150 gr. vodka, add 50 gr. parsley and leave for 5 days. Filter the composition and wipe the face with it.
To permanently get rid of oily skin is not enough to use one of the appropriate cosmetics. It is necessary to apply an integrated approach. Refuse from salty and fatty foods, drink coffee in moderate doses. Daily wipe your face with homemade lotion, do not forget to prepare the bath. Choose cosmetics for your skin type, cover your face with a moisturizing serum or gel, not with a greasy cream.