Mussels today are among the most popular delicacies. Long since they are eaten to fill an organism with missing elements. Mussels are loved by many for their low calorie content, easy digestibility and original taste. They are able to replace meat, suitable for the reception of all categories of persons.
Composition and nutritional value of mussels
The mussel belongs to the mollusk family, and the living clam hides in a double shell shell. People eat only the edible part (the mantle and the muscle of the mollusk).
Interestingly, mussels practically do not contain carbohydrates and fats. Meat is a solid protein and amino acids. In view of these features, mussels are eaten by people who play sports and want to lose weight.
Dietary qualities do not negate the fact that mussels contain a lot of mineral elements, vitamins, dietary fiber. The composition concentrates magnesium, sodium, calcium, iodine, phosphorus, iron. Mussels are not deprived of cobalt and boron, which are required by man for the proper operation of all organs and systems.
There are many vitamins in the delicacy, but retinol, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, B-group vitamins (pyridoxine, thiamine, folic and pantothenic acid, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin and others) occupy a special place.
Mussels have a lot of glycogen, which controls blood sugar levels. This animal starch helps people with diabetes lead a full life.
In addition, mussels have Omega 3 and 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are necessary for the immune system and blood formation processes.
Mussels have gained their popularity due to the low calorie content, which is only 76 Kcal. for a portion of 100 gr. In taste, mollusks resemble rabbit meat and chicken.
Use of mussels
- Valuable qualities mainly manifest themselves in nutrition. However, no one forbids consuming delicacy in everyday life. After two weeks of systematic reception, the hair looks noticeably healthier, brittle nails disappear.
- Mussels are an excellent source of calcium. Protein protects bones from fragility, prevents arthritis and relieves existing joint pain. Naturally, these qualities are effective only in combination with medicines. Mollusc meat supports the effect of the latter.
- Potassium with magnesium is responsible for the production of red blood cells, increases blood flow, removes cholesterol in the form of plaques from the cavity of the blood channels. Due to these properties, mussels must be included in the diet for people who are at risk of developing heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Due to the incoming antioxidants, the body is cleaned and rejuvenated. Mussels massively remove toxic compounds, radionuclides, salts. They also struggle with old feces and prevent food fermentation in the intestines.
- As part of mussels, substances that are often injected into cancer medicines are seen. Mollusks prevent the development of malignant tumors, because they block the flow of blood and oxygen to cancer cells.
- Positive qualities of mussels are known as an aphrodisiac. Thus, the composition increases the potency, enhances sexual desire, controls reproductive activity.
- Mussels are responsible for the strength of teeth, nails, hair. They improve the condition of the skin by maintaining water balance. In general, mollusks tone up the body, as they say, on all fronts. Apathy, fatigue, irritability disappears.
- The fair sex is useful to know that eating mussels will save you from pain during the menstrual cycle. In addition, the delicacy will raise hemoglobin by replenishing the missing iron in the blood.
- Shellfish are famous for their ability to increase all metabolic processes, which is why they are actively used for weight loss. When ingested, the product is quickly absorbed and absorbed into the walls of the esophagus.
The benefits of mussels for weight loss
Mussels are included in the daily nutrition of people who are obese, seeking to lose weight or just keep the body in good shape. Today there are two main diets based on mollusks - "Monodiet" and "Mediterranean".
- This method of weight loss involves eating protein foods derived from the depths of the sea. Protein diet provides a dramatic weight loss, therefore, is considered hard.
- Techniques such a plan can not adhere to longer than 4 days, otherwise you heavily load the kidneys. It is recommended to take such a diet to those who have already pumped up and want to burn fat.
- To start losing weight, make a menu of 5 meals. Do not count calories, this is optional. Combine mussels with other sea cocktails. Stew, boil, steam food, add vegetables.
- Do not lean on too large portions. Eat better more often, but by little. Eat kefir, freshly squeezed juices or fruit in between meals.
- The technique is designed for 1400 Kcal. per day. Diet should be made up of 5 meals, 2 of which are seafood (in particular mussels).
- Pasta of durum wheat, germinated rice and wheat, buckwheat are allowed to be consumed. Also, mussels must be combined with fresh vegetables.
- Salads with boiled mussels are dressed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Be sure to eat low-fat cheeses every day, drink and eat milk, eggs.
- With all this, it is important to eliminate red meat from the diet completely. It is replaced by fish or mollusks. Mussels do not have to eat daily, 3-4 times a week is enough. Weight loss continues until a result is achieved.
The benefits and harms of mussels during pregnancy
- Mussels are considered the strongest allergen, so if you have an allergic reaction, seafood is contraindicated. It is not recommended to eat mussels in the lactation period.
- In the absence of contraindications mussels during gestation will bring enormous benefits to the body. Seafood has a minimum calorie content and a record percentage of the necessary micronutrients.
- Unique enzymes support the health of the mother at the proper level and help the fetus to grow properly. Mussels are much easier absorbed by the body compared to pork and lamb. Seafood is also more nutritious.
- Regular eating mussels will saturate the body with plenty of protein. The enzyme is necessary for the full development of the baby. The chemical composition of mussels at times exceeds any meat of the animal.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids help pregnancy proceed properly. The fair sex will not face the problem of digestion when eating mussels.
- In this case, it is important not to overeat seafood. In its composition there is a large amount of cholesterol. The substance has no better effect on the body.
- Buy a quality product, otherwise you can get poisoned. It is important to cook mussels exclusively on fire. Thus, the product is obtained safe for the body.
The benefits of mussels for athletes
- A high level of protein is priceless in the diet of athletes. With serious physical exertion, the body is very depleted and needs protein. It can be replenished with a portion of seafood.
- Low-calorie mussels, while they have a high nutritional value. In addition, regular eating of the product can significantly reduce the development of pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- Since the product contains a lot of proteins, mussels just need to be entered into the menu of people involved in sports. Delicacy will strengthen bones, accelerate the growth of muscle mass, give energy and strength. Incoming amino acids will help you recover faster after a workout.
The benefits and harm of mussels for children
- Mussels are strong allergens, so the product is not recommended for children under 3 years. After this age, it is necessary to consult with a pediatrician. Then you can gradually give seafood to the child.
- In the absence of allergies, the product will be extremely useful for the younger body. As described earlier, mussels are rich in quality, easily digestible protein. The enzyme is necessary for normal tissue development.
- In addition, the mollusks are saturated with calcium and phosphorus, which are also indispensable for a child. In mussels is the necessary amount of enzymes that support the body of the child throughout the day.
- It is forbidden to consume the meat of mollusks to people who suffer from poor blood clotting. The composition thins the blood.
- Due to the high nutritional value of the product in some cases is contraindicated for consumption.
- This is explained by the fact that mussels in nature filter seawater and pass through a large amount of harmful compounds and impurities. As a result, chemical compounds are concentrated in the meat of mollusks.
- Currently, mussels that go on sale are washed in advance in running water. Thus their meat becomes completely safe. Do not immediately consume freshly caught product. Meat can be toxic.
Undoubtedly, mussels will benefit the body, if you eat a quality product. At the same time do not abuse clams. Pay special attention to the choice of product. Familiarize yourself with the contraindications, cook the dish wisely. Make sure you do not have an allergic reaction.