Buckwheat is rightly considered the queen of croup because of its low calorie content, high nutritional value and a huge content of nutrients. But the main advantage of buckwheat is the absence of gluten, which is in oatmeal, wheat and many other cereals. Buckwheat flour is a gluten-free product that helps many patients with celiac disease. This is a disease of the digestive tract, in which a person cannot eat foods with gluten - he has severe attacks in the form of abdominal pain and other manifestations. For these patients, buckwheat flour is a real salvation - they make bread on the basis of it, make pancakes and make many other desserts. Today we will talk about buckwheat flour in more detail, consider its beneficial properties and caloric content, read the contraindications for the use of this product.
Useful properties of buckwheat flour
The composition of buckwheat is very rich, it contains trace elements such as iron, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, molybdenum, cobalt. Buckwheat contains at least 8 types of amino acids, various vitamins - A, E, PP, vitamins of group B, etc. Calorie raw buckwheat is quite high, but when cooked, it is significantly reduced. In addition, buckwheat absorbs moisture very much and increases in size several times. Most of the calories is in the proportion of proteins, not carbohydrates, which makes the product literally dietary. Buckwheat is always included in the diet for weight loss and to gain muscle mass. Buckwheat flour practically does not lose all the useful properties of whole grains, especially if you do not store it in a long time in a ground form. Here are some useful properties of buckwheat flour, which will positively affect the state of your body.
- Heart and vessels. Gluten-free buckwheat flour contains rutin. It is a flavonoid that is incredibly beneficial for the health of the heart and blood vessels. Regular consumption of flour and cereals for food gives excellent results - the blood vessels dilate, become more elastic. Blood circulation in the body is accelerated, the blood is saturated with oxygen. The heart muscle works more stably, the person gets rid of tachycardia and hypertension. The level of cholesterol gradually falls, the blood liquefies. People who love buckwheat and eat it all the time, much less likely to suffer from heart disease and varicose veins.
- Glycemic index. Buckwheat flour and cereals have a low glycemic index of 54. This means that the dishes from these products for a long time give a feeling of fullness due to a slow decrease in blood sugar levels. In addition, the composition of buckwheat has chiroinositol, which is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Calcium. As part of buckwheat there are special substances that facilitate the process of assimilation of calcium by the body. Due to this, the bones become stronger, the risk of osteoporosis is reduced. In addition, calcium has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair, nails and teeth.
- Diets Buckwheat is often used in weight loss, because the product with a relatively low calorie content is very rich in vitamins and trace elements. The low glycemic index of buckwheat allows for a long time not to experience hunger. Groats can replace high-grade protein dinner. By the way, a sufficient amount of protein in the product makes buckwheat universal for athletes, bodybuilders. Buckwheat with chicken breast is a classic for those who build muscle mass. Buckwheat flour is also very attractive for those who are trying to lose weight. After all, from it you can cook pastries without harm to the figure.
- Dietary dish. Buckwheat flour is one of the safest and hypoallergenic foods that can be given to allergies and babies as a first complementary food.
- For the intestines. Buckwheat contains a large amount of dietary fiber, which, in its undigested form, enters the intestine, absorbs all toxins and slags, and removes them to the outside. Buckwheat and flour are used in the fight against diarrhea and dysentery. The peculiarity of buckwheat also lies in the fact that this cereal is not capable of accumulating pesticides and other harmful compounds that fertilize the soil to increase yields.
- For feminine beauty. Buckwheat flour acts very well on the female body. Firstly, the powder removes excess water from the body, eliminating swelling and bags under the eyes. Secondly, buckwheat, due to the high content of easily digestible protein, stimulates hair growth. Regular consumption of buckwheat allows you to grow curls much faster. Thirdly, buckwheat perfectly cleanses the intestines from toxins, allergens and slags, which can not but affect the condition of the skin. It becomes smooth, solid and clean. Buckwheat flour is often used externally - it absorbs excess sebum, which helps normalize the production of greasy fat and make the skin matte. In addition, buckwheat contains a lot of vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant that can slow the aging process of the skin.
- Anemia. Buckwheat stimulates the production of red cells in the blood, it allows you to quickly raise the level of hemoglobin in the body.
Buckwheat is useful in all respects, so it should be eaten as often as possible. Today, store shelves are full of unusual products, to find buckwheat flour among them is not a problem. However, it is often purified flour, without husk. If you are a supporter of healthy nutrition, it is better to cook buckwheat flour yourself, because the husk is a valuable dietary fiber, from which you can not refuse. Buckwheat need to pre-sort, wash and dry. Grind grits can be in a coffee grinder or blender. It is better to grind buckwheat in small batches, during long-term storage the flour loses its beneficial properties.
Harm buckwheat flour
Despite the fact that buckwheat is quite hypoallergenic, some people have an individual intolerance to this product. If you have never eaten this cereal before, you should start to try it in small portions. Individual intolerance can manifest itself as a reaction such as diarrhea, itching, swelling, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, runny nose, redness and swelling of the eyes, and sometimes even suffocation. But for the sake of justice it is worth noting that such a reaction occurs extremely rarely. A large amount of fiber in the product can cause increased flatulence and abdominal pain, especially with irritable bowel syndrome.
How to eat buckwheat
To get the maximum of useful substances from the product, it must be properly prepared and consumed. As was noted, buckwheat flour is used to make various pastries, pancakes and pancakes are especially tasty and delicious. If you want to make a cupcake or biscuit, it is better to mix buckwheat flour with wheat flour so that the dough rises better. Buckwheat flour is used in the preparation of cookies, cakes, casseroles, pies, rolls, crackers and other flour products. If you cannot do without bread at all, use buckwheat flour - the loaf is incredibly fragrant and nourishing. Such bread can safely eat on a diet.
The most healthy and useful way to eat buckwheat flour is to mix it with kefir. Drink this mixture in one gulp - it is incredibly tasty. This low-calorie cocktail will help you clean the intestines, improve skin condition, get a saturation of at least 3 hours. Kefir-buckwheat smoothie can replace a full-fledged dinner while losing weight - the maximum of useful properties, taste and satiety with a minimum amount of calories.
Buckwheat is a rather capricious crop, farmers harvest only 5-10 centners of crop per hectare. For comparison, rice from the same hectare can be collected up to 60 centners. This is due to the low prevalence of buckwheat in European countries - they have little land. But on the Russian open spaces, there is a culture where to turn, therefore buckwheat in Russia is tremblingly loved and revered. Buckwheat is used not only for food - the pillows for a long, restful and long sleep are stuffed with husk. Eat buckwheat in any form, make flour from it and pamper the body is not just delicious, but very healthy dishes.