The common cold arises suddenly and at any time of the year. A person can eat an ice cream cone, drink a cocktail with ice or get caught in cold rain, and the next morning he will wake up with a headache, a stuffy nose and a sore throat. Fever and runny nose are treated with broths and rinse solutions. And immunity strengthen vitamin dishes and drinks. Colds cannot be started because a simple and harmless disease leads to serious complications.
Rest, fresh air and disinfection
Runny nose and sore throat - a reason to take sick leave. The body, forced to fight viruses, is contraindicated in additional loads. In a bus or office, a person can pick up an infection or sit in a draft, which will lead to a deterioration of health and an increase in inflammation. Yes, and the patient during a cold becomes a source of bacteria and viruses.
Immunity will cope faster with a cold and cough if the patient stays at home and spends several days under a blanket or blanket. At a temperature of 36.6 to 37.2 allowed light morning exercises. A simple warm-up activates blood circulation and sweating. But after doing the exercises you can not take a contrast shower, go out or open a window. It is better to get under the covers and get some sleep. The body during rest is restored, produces more energy and leukocytes to fight viruses.
Twice a day, the room in which the patient is constantly ventilated is aired. In the warm season, the windows open for 1-1.5 hours, in winter - for 10-20 minutes. A person leaves the bedroom or living room to the kitchen or another warm room. Returned after closing windows. It is impossible to sit or sleep in a draft so that complications do not begin.
Airing is sometimes supplemented with quartz lamps. The room is irradiated with ultraviolet light to reduce the concentration of viruses in the air. The windows then open after disinfection. The room will be filled with oxygen, and the excess ozone formed due to the lamp will evaporate.
A patient with cold symptoms is advised to take warm baths twice a day, wash hands regularly and wash so that bacteria do not accumulate on the skin. During illness, bed linen is changed as often as possible, and pillows and blankets are airing on the balcony.
Ginger tea and berry fruit drinks
The body is cleared of toxins and viruses when it sweats. The temperature decreases, the inflammation decreases and the state of health improves. To start the process of sweating can warm herbal teas. For colds, it is recommended to brew:
- Dill seeds;
- Althea root;
- Birch buds;
- chamomile inflorescences;
- burdock root;
Anti-inflammatory tea is made from 30 g of the plant and a cup of cold water. The broth is better heated in a water bath, but do not bring to a boil. Shoot when the drink has a brownish or yellowish tint. Insist in a thermos or container, wrapped in a terry towel. Drink with sugar, raspberry jam or honey.
Heat removes cranberry juice:
- Frozen berries poured into an enameled plate or pan, knead with a fork.
- Pour cranberry puree into a bag of gauze, separate the juice from the crushed fruit.
- Cake returned to the pan and pour water.
- Mass is brought to a boil, cooled to 60 degrees and pour juice.
Healing juice is charged with honey, less often with sugar. In a similar way, vitamin drinks are prepared from blackberries, lingonberries and viburnum. Berry infusions are mixed with fresh citrus juices to increase the concentration of vitamin C. The body turns ascorbic acid into substances that strengthen the immune system and destroy the source of the inflammatory process.
Kalina, cranberries and lingonberries are scalded with boiling water and then crushed in a blender along with a few spoons of pre-warmed honey. Eat 5-6 spoons of fresh jam per day. In herbal decoctions add 30-40 g of sea buckthorn, ground with sugar.
Important: Honey can not be heated above 60 degrees, and the berries do not boil longer than 5 minutes. Products contain vitamins that are destroyed by long-term heat treatment and become carcinogens.
Ginger root speeds up metabolic processes and warms the body from the inside. By boosting blood circulation, the spice helps the immune system fight viruses that cause a cold. Fresh ginger is added to cereals and first courses, as well as used to prepare anti-inflammatory drugs:
- A piece of root, 5-6 cm long, is cut into thin slices. Peel before grinding removed.
- Ginger is poured into a kettle or saucepan, add 2 liters of water.
- The drink is brought to a boil, filled with 20 g of cardamom and 3 star anise. Sometimes a pinch of cinnamon is put in the broth.
- Ginger medicine is removed from the plate 10 minutes after boiling. Insist 40 minutes and filter.
- In a warm drink pour juice from 1 small lemon, or simply add thin citrus slices.
Ginger tea is stored in a thermos. In each cup of the drink add a little honey that has antiseptic properties, and 10-15 drops of echinacea. Alcohol tincture strengthens the immune system, and ginger stimulates the removal of toxins from the body.
Sore throat and runny nose clean milk broth. Finely cut a piece of ginger root weighing 25-30 g and poured into an enamel bowl. Pour two cups of milk and send the mixture to a water bath. When the drink becomes hot, add 2-3 pinches of black or allspice to it. Cook for 10-15 minutes, filter and cool to 45-50 degrees. In a warm milk-ginger broth dissolve a spoonful of honey.
After taking this medication inside there is a slight burning sensation. So the components are working. Drink is contraindicated in peptic ulcers, gastritis and liver problems. Fresh milk squeezed orange juice is added to milk decoction along with honey, which enriches the body with vitamin C.
With a wet cough, the citrus component is replaced with two pinches of turmeric. Spice stimulates the sputum and helps with bronchitis, pharyngitis and sore throat.
Paste to strengthen the immune system
Patients with a cold are advised to refrain from fatty foods. Beef and pork broths, meatballs, sausage and semi-finished products are contraindicated. A weakened body does not need fats and excess calories. Meat soups are replaced by vegetables and fruits, as well as sour-milk drinks. Ryazhenka, kefir and natural yoghurt restore the intestinal microflora, improving immunity.
Some patients practice one-day fasting, but this method of treatment is in doubt among doctors. An organism that fights infection cannot be overloaded with food, but you should not completely refuse to eat.
Apples, oranges, peppers, cabbage, sea fish and spinach are sources of vitamins responsible for the production of white blood cells. It is these cells that destroy viruses and treat inflammation. Vegetable and fruit salads complement the light and nutritious pastes that increase immunity.
The first, lemon, is prepared from 1 large citrus. The yellow billet is dipped in hot water for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly. The fruit, cut into large pieces, is passed through a meat grinder, and then 100 g of butter are added to the acidic mass. Dairy product is softened in a water bath. The workpiece is filled with 4-5 st. l honey Pour into a jar with a tight lid and clean in the fridge. Sandwiches made from bran bread are prepared with lemon pasta every day.
Salty vitamin appetizer consists of 100 g of hard or melted cheese and the same amount of butter. Products are crushed, mixed and boiled in a water bath for 5-10 minutes so that they melt and turn into a homogeneous mass. Preparation is filled with gruel from 4 garlic cloves and 10 walnut kernels or pine nuts. In a paste cooled to 60 degrees, a bunch of finely chopped parsley and green onion feathers are added. Store snack in a glass jar for 3-4 days.
Garlic and cheese paste contains vitamin C, volatile and amino acids that invigorate, remove inflammation, runny nose and cough. After the medication does not remain an unpleasant smell. It is neutralized by parsley.
Rinse solutions and baths
Cold feet should be warm. If the body temperature does not rise above 37, 2, mustard baths are allowed. They warm and increase blood circulation. In the basin pour 2-3 liters of hot water. No boiling water, feet should be comfortable. 50 g of mustard powder is dissolved in the liquid. Feet immersed in a prepared bath and hold for 20 minutes, periodically topping up with hot water. Immediately after the procedure, woolen or thick terry socks are worn on the feet. The patient is recommended to lie down for 30-40 minutes and not to run with steaming feet on the cold floor. Heels can be spread with an "asterisk". The tool warms and disinfects, removes cold symptoms in 3-4 days.
A lot of viruses and bacteria accumulate in the nasal passages and larynx. They cause runny nose, mucosal inflammation and tickling. The infection is washed out with a solution which includes:
- boiled water - 300 ml;
- ordinary or sea salt - 25 g;
- baking soda - 15 g;
- Iodine plain or blue - 3-4 drops.
Instead of the salt solution, herbal decoctions are used: chamomile, eucalyptus, sage or coltsfoot. After washing, the nasal passages and throat are smeared with sea buckthorn oil, beet juice, radish with honey or aloe.
When sore throat and runny nose carry garlic-onion inhalation. Vegetables are cut, pour cold water and insist under the lid for 5-10 minutes. Then open and inhale the secreted essential oils by nose and mouth.
The maxillary sinuses are heated with boiled eggs or cloth bags filled with hot buckwheat. Apply to the throat a cabbage leaf soaked in honey, or a piece of gauze soaked in a water-alcohol solution.
After rinsing, Kalanchoe juice is instilled into the nose. Wings and bridge of nose rubbed with "Asterisk", oxolinic ointment or "Doctor Mom".
- When you sore throat, sneeze and the first signs of a cold, they drink a shot of vodka or brandy. In alcohol add a pinch of red or black pepper for a warming effect. After taking alcohol, the person goes to bed, and in the morning wakes up vigorous and healthy. The method is contraindicated for ulcers, heart problems and pressure.
- In the room of the patient put an aromatic lamp, which add essential oil. Bergamot, rosemary, eucalyptus or mint is used. Suitable tea tree oil or cedar. The ether component is applied to a hot battery if there is no lamp. The additive disinfects the air in the room and the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract.
- Cold symptoms are removed by steam inhalation. Herbal tea is made from linden and chamomile flowers, mint sprigs, sage leaves and eucalyptus. 40-50 g of a mixture of plants is poured into a kettle with hot water. Boiling broth is removed, the container is covered with a cone of paper and breathe in pairs for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Ticklish and cough clean cocoa butter. In a glass of warm milk, add 1 tsp. grated product. Drink consumed before bedtime. Oil is also absorbed after a meal in order to soften the throat mucosa and remove discomfort.
- Accelerated healing compresses of mustard powder and honey. Components connect and knead elastic dough. Potato starch or oatmeal flour is sometimes added to the mass as a thickener. The billet is divided into 2-3 parts, form cakes and applied to the chest. Do not capture the heart area. Removed after 1-1.5 hours.
- Immunity is strengthened with a decoction of rose hips and vegetable salads with garlic and olive oil.
- Three times a day take 1 tbsp. l onion milk. It contains a lot of phytoncides and anti-inflammatory components. Prepare a medicine from 3 finely chopped onions and a glass of hot milk. Components connect and insist 2 hours.
The common cold is one of the signals warning of a weakened immune system. After recovery, the person is recommended to strengthen health: use a lot of citrus and honey, exercise and take a contrast shower. And also not to smoke and not to abuse alcohol, which weakens the body's defenses.