No housewife can not do without the problems associated with soot in the pan. Although in modern markets a large assortment of various detergents and cleaning products is presented, but even they are not always able to cope with the task of cleaning the pan from grease and soot.
Types of pans
In order to get rid of carbon, you need to know the types and materials from which frying pans are made.
- Cast iron skillet is considered the most difficult and high quality. It is they who often inherit from grandmothers and collect a lot of fat on themselves.
- The non-stick Teflon product is already equipped with anti-stick and cleaning facilities. But it does not guarantee the complete absence of burnt carbon from the outside.
- Stainless steel and ceramics require very careful cleaning with special products.
It is worth talking about how to remove scale from a specific type of pans.
Modern cleaning products
Today, humanity cannot imagine its life without household chemicals. But it is worth remembering that you need to use it correctly. For example, not everyone knows that some products are very poorly washed from the surface with ordinary water.
Experts recommend using similar substances in a meager amount when cleaning the fumes in pans. The trademarks Fairy, AOC, Sanita, Gala and Silith are considered ideal. When working with these chemicals you need to follow certain rules: use special rubber gloves, a respirator. In addition, do not forget to ventilate the room with hoods or windows.
How to clean the pan from the accumulated burning
Before you start cleaning the product from soot, you should understand what it is and how it turns out. Nagar is a layer of fat that forms when the pan is heated. It usually accumulates quickly on the wall of the product, both inside and outside. Such layers, accumulating over the years, are a nightmare for lovers of cleanliness, accustomed to the brilliance and shine of dishes.
If household chemicals can not cope with the problem, then you can try other cleaning options:
- Aluminum pan is forbidden to wash the funds, which include abrasive particles. Also, do not rub it with metal brushes. It is appropriate to use kitchen soda and a soft cloth.
- Non-stick coating is also afraid of aggressive household chemicals, which often damages Teflon. And if the coating is a little scratched, then the product can be discarded. Owners of such a frying pan are recommended to boil it in a unique solution. For its preparation, you should take 200 grams of dish detergent, 3 tablespoons of soda and dissolve them in a bottle of heated water. Mix well and leave to simmer. Then put the pan there and boil it for about 30 minutes. Then safely reach out and rinse with running water.
- When using Teflon products, do not use metal objects. In addition, try not to expose them to temperature changes: do not immerse in cold water immediately after cooking.
- Stainless steel has a big minus: burning food in it. But if you purchased a beautiful product, then the ordinary salt will correct the situation. In order to remove food residues from the coating, you need to scatter half a glass of salt across the bottom of the frying pan and leave to soak for several hours. After such actions, the plaque will easily be removed from the product. If you have soda on hand, you can use it too. This product is also used to clean other dishes: bowls, mugs and pots.
- The stainless steel pan washes well activated carbon, thoroughly crushed and applied to problem areas. It is recommended to pour some water on top of the coal and leave it for 20 minutes. Then you just have to wash the solution together with carbon with a stiff brush.
- Experts advise you to launder ceramic pans with professional products using soft cloths. After you have used such a product for the first time, it should be wiped with a solution of salt, rinsed with running water and wiped with a dry cloth. If you want to use your favorite ceramic skillet for a long time, then never dip it in cold water to soak the burnt food.
How to wash cast iron pans
The most difficult task in the kitchen is the cleaning of old cast-iron pans. Due to the excellent quality of such products serve for decades. The downside here is soot that has been accumulating for a long time outside. The layer of fat, over time, becomes very hard and difficult to remove. There are several reliable and effective ways to combat soot, inherited from our grandmothers:
- Cleaning the fat layer with high temperatures. In order to put this method into action, you need to place the pan on the fire and burn it with gas. Craftsmen manage to perfectly clean the product using blowtorches and grinding machines. These are quite effective options, but it is recommended to practice them in open space, and not in your kitchen.
- A good solution is the following: 100 grams of household soap shavings, 0.5 kilogram of soda, and 100 grams of silicate glue. All ingredients are mixed with 10 liters of water, poured into a wide bowl and set on fire. They also put a frying pan and boil for about 30 minutes. After that, turn off the gas, cool the solution, remove the product and rinse it with water from the tap. Such actions give a guarantee that the cinder will remain in the water, and the pan will become like new.
- A lighter option for cleaning cast iron is a sand sauna. Take a frying pan, pour a layer of sand into it and place on the fire. Leave the product for 3 hours on fire. This method relieves you of tedious cleansing, but has a distinctive minus - a peculiar smell.
- Try to take 1 glass of vinegar and 3 glasses of water, mix them and pour into the product for 5 hours. Constantly monitor the water level in the pan. This cleaning is not worth much physical effort, but it will not benefit your sense of smell. In order to avoid poisoning with vinegar vapor, be sure to turn on the hood or open the windows. If cast iron began to smell like vinegar after cleaning, then treat it with soda solution, by boiling.
- Buy a pack of activated carbon, crush it and soak it in water. Sprinkle the pan with this tool, and after an hour wash it with dish detergent.
How to clean an aluminum pan
As mentioned above, aluminum products can not be rubbed with coarse sponges and abrasive cleaners. The ideal option is soda, which copes well with the fatty layer inside and outside the product.
Apply soda to a soft cloth and gently rub the surface of the pan with it. If this option is not acceptable to you, then you can boil a pot in soda solution for about 30 minutes.
How to clean pans in dishwashers
Women like this method a lot, because you just need to put the pan in the machine, turn on the necessary function and go to do your own business. Dishwasher independently relieve dishes from soot. The cycle can be repeated several times as needed.
All cleaning methods are good, but, nevertheless, try to take care of the product on time so that there are no problems in the process of using it.