To this day, many homes hang tulle. Such an accessory allows you to achieve greater comfort and lightness in the room. Often, the housewives have a question, how can you restore the original appearance and whiteness of tulle. To remove oily stains and yellowness, you will have to make some effort.
Basic rules for washing tulle
- Before proceeding to the procedure, it is recommended to shake the tulle thoroughly outside or from the balcony. Such a move will help not to collect dust in water. Keep in mind, bleach-based bleach should not be used. The fabric will wear out quickly.
- After washing, without fail, let all the water drain from the tulle. The fabric is forbidden to twist. To speed up the drying process, you can gently squeeze the material. The optimal temperature regime for washing air tulle is considered to be 35 degrees.
- If the temperature is more than 40 degrees, the material will sit down. In cool water, on the contrary, all stains may not be washed off. To preserve the freshness of the curtains as long as possible, it is important not only to wash them correctly, but also to dry them.
- It is forbidden to iron the tulle with an iron and expose to high temperatures, otherwise yellowness will appear. The best option for drying the material will be its hanging on the eaves. The water will drain, the tulle will even out and take on its original appearance.
How to wash the tulle by hand
- In order for tulle to remain beautiful and snow-white, it is important to know how to properly wash such material by hand. The procedure is simple, it must be divided into several steps.
- Remove material from the eaves and remove all dust and dry dirt from objects. As a result, you can get the maximum result from the wash.
- Soak the tulle in warm water at the recommended temperature. If there were any spots on the fabric, after this step the problem will partially disappear.
- Next, proceed directly to the wash. It is important to take into account some points: the fabric should not emit a strong odor from washing powder. Therefore, it is recommended to resort to the help of gel-based cleansing agents.
- When hand washing, remember that at the end of the manipulation of tulle is prohibited to squeeze. Apply minimal effort. Otherwise, after the second wash, the tulle will look more like a rag.
Rules for washing the tulle in the washing machine
- Today, almost no one will be difficult to wash a thing in the washing machine. But even in this case it is worth considering some subtleties of work with similar fabrics.
- Remember, the basic rule remains the optimal washing temperature for tulle. If the product is new, rely on the recommendations of the manufacturer. Carefully read the label.
- Dense cotton fabrics can be washed at a temperature of 40 degrees. Silk and satin in this case will deteriorate permanently. Also do not forget about the momentum in the typewriter.
- Remember, tulle is a gentle and light fabric. Therefore, it is not necessary to expose more than 400 revolutions per minute on a washing machine.
- For washing it is recommended to resort to the help of a special bag. Such an attribute will protect the tulle from all sorts of damage and unintended consequences.
- Do not forget about the choice of the right gel detergent. Such a composition will not leave spots after the procedure on the material.
How to make tulle white
Ammonia with peroxide
- These drugs perfectly cope with the task, namely, whiten tulle from old stains, dullness and yellowness.
- To give the original appearance, it is necessary to prepare a solution according to the following recipe: mix 40 m. Of peroxide with 20 m. Of ammonia, pour this composition into 6 l. water.
- Soak the tulle, let it soak for half an hour, then rinse thoroughly and dry away from the sun. Tulle dries best in straightened form on the eaves.
- Everyone is familiar with this "yadrenny" means. Otherwise, the whiteness can be called bleach, it is this substance that lies in the bleach.
- On one bucket of cool water relies 3-4 cap white. After mixing, send the tulle inside, the solution should cover the fabric.
- Soak for an hour, then mix, wearing rubber gloves. After finishing, rinse the tulle well, otherwise it will be bleached unevenly. Rinsing is done with cold water, preferably in a typewriter.
- Perhaps of all the available methods of bleaching, this is considered the most non-standard. Only bold housewives use little green as bleach for tulle. The secret lies in the proper preparation of the solution.
- Mix 500 ml. water with two tablespoons of fine salt, let the latter dissolve. When the granules melt, add 13 drops of green. Stir the solution and let it sit for 4 minutes until sedimentation occurs.
- As soon as this happens, strain the liquid, leaving a residue on the bottom. If you wrongly carry out this step, green spots may appear on the tulle! This liquid with green should be added at the last rinse of tulle.
- That is, first wash it with a powder, then re-rinse with a little green. In the process, turn the product so that it is saturated with the composition. Squeeze lightly, hang out to dry not under the sun.
- Drinking soda, like salt, has excellent whitening properties. In addition to removing stains, soda copes with dullness and yellowness, these defects are characteristic of white tulle.
- There is a single recipe for bleaching soda tulle. To translate it into reality, mix 50 grams. soda with 100 gr. washing powder and send this composition in a bowl of water.
- Wait until all the granules have dissolved, then soak the tulle. Let it soak for at least half an hour, then proceed with the washing and rinsing.
- The good old method says: to give a shine to white things, they need to be boiled. Doubtful and far from the safest way, but some will like it.
- If you decide to return the white tulle, stick to the scheme. Arm yourself with an aluminum bucket or pan, pour in water, stepping back a little from the edges. Boil, crumble in half of the rubbed bar of laundry soap and some washing powder.
- Bring the solution to homogeneity, lower the tulle inside. Wait until bubbles appear and continue cooking at low power for an hour. This is followed by rinsing, wringing, drying not under direct ultraviolet rays.
- Soap of this type, as well as economic, perfectly copes with any pollution. It can be purchased at the store of household chemicals. Bleaching is carried out using a solution.
- Prepare the composition according to the following technology: boil water, add 10 liters. half rubbed bar of soap, let it dissolve. Leave the liquid to a partial cooling, soak the tulle for an hour.
- After this time, rinse thoroughly, the water should be completely transparent. Squeeze the tulle without strong twisting, leave to dry on the eaves or elsewhere away from ultraviolet radiation.
- The loose component not only gives the dishes a special taste, but also whitens yellowed (grayed) products. If the tulle eventually lost its appearance, soak it in a solution of 9 liters. water and 5 tablespoons of salt.
- First, wait until the granules dissolve. Then put the product in the composition. Soak duration - all night or at least 6 hours.
- After the manipulations, you can load the tulle into the machine or wash it manually. Dry better on the eaves.
- Today's household market is amazing. Leading manufacturers supply to the shelves a variety of tools for every taste and budget.
- If you need to remove stains from white tulle or eliminate yellowing, buy a synthetic stain remover. Suitable well-known "Vanish" or other compositions at the discretion.
- The calculation of the amount of funds is carried out taking into account the recommendations of the manufacturer. All other actions too. Most importantly, remember that after using such tools tulle can not be dried under the direct sun.
It is easy to wash the tulle at home. The main thing is to prepare and follow simple tips. It is not necessary to wash such material with bleach with bleach or a simple powder; these methods are resorted to in extreme cases. When washing, give preference to gel-based cleaning products.