Crispy salty crackers became popular relatively recently - no more than 10 years ago. This is a great snack for beer, an interesting ingredient in any salad, and just a good snack. Most of all crispy crackers like children. But you can not always be sure of the quality of the product. Often sold in the store kirieshki stuffed with preservatives and flavor enhancers. And this, as we know, is not very useful for the organism, especially for children. Therefore, we will learn to cook kiriheshki independently, at home. They are not only much tastier and healthier, but also much more profitable!
This is a recipe for traditional kirieshek with salt, pepper and spices, but without additional flavoring.
- The first thing you need to choose for making salty crackers is bread. More soft and crumbly are kirieshki from white bread. If you want the traditional option - choose rye loaf. Bread should be cut into equal pieces. If you are preparing kirieshki for beer, it is better to cut the bread into bars, if the soup - cubes. It is very important to keep the same size of the croutons - so they dry out evenly and do not burn. To cut the bread smoothly, it does not have to be fresh. Better to take yesterday's loaf. If crackers are needed today, just put the bread in the fridge for a couple of hours. Cold bread does not crumble, it is easier to chop it.
- The next thing to do is to collect the set of spices that you prefer. Put a little salt in a small cup, pepper, basil, dill, paprika - everything you love. Special flavor and refined aroma gives the kirieshkam condiment hops-suneli. In its composition there are special spicy herbs that give bread a delicate taste and aroma.
- For the preparation of kirieshek need a plastic bag, it must be completely sealed. Pour into it pieces of bread and cooked dry seasoning mixture. Close the bag so that it has maximum air. In this case, it will be much more convenient to mix the contents. Shake the bag well, so that the seasonings and salt penetrate into the gaps between the bread pores and give the croutons a natural taste.
- To taste the crackers was more saturated, you need to spice up the slices of bread with vegetable oil. However, it is important not to overdo it - a large amount of oil will make the croutons rancid and oily. A pound of fresh bread can add no more than three teaspoons of butter. Pour the oil into the bag and shake it well. Be careful - do not remember the crackers.
- The next stage is the drying of future kyrieshek. On the baking sheet you need to cover the parchment paper and pour prepared croutons on it. Distribute them so that they lie in one row. If there are a lot of crackers, it is better to dry them in two rounds.
- Dry crackers better at low temperature, but for a long time. So they will not change their color. With quick drying, kirieshki are more crumbly, however, they become dark and unattractive. The optimum temperature of the oven for drying is 150-180 degrees. It usually takes about 30 minutes to cook. Crackers from time to time need to be mixed so that they are dried evenly. If this is not done, the crackers on the edges of the baking sheet will start to burn, and the middle ones will not be ready yet.
When the croutons are dry, they simply need to be taken out of the oven and let them cool. Tasty and unusual appetizer is prepared pretty quickly - it will take you no more than an hour to do everything. But kirieshki can be not just classic, but with various additional flavors.
How to cook kirieshki with different flavors
On sale there are many crackers that mimic the taste of bacon, cheese, garlic and other ingredients. Overwhelmingly, these flavors are achieved through artificial flavors and flavorings. And at home we will prepare natural croutons with natural flavors.
- Kyrieshki with garlic. This taste is perhaps the most popular and sought after. Fragrant garlic croutons will not leave anyone indifferent. You can cook them in two ways. First - the bread is cut in the same way as in the classic recipe, ready cut pieces are sprinkled with spices and salt. But in the oil, you first need to fry the garlic, sliced plates. We do not need garlic itself, but garlic oil will be just the way. Pour the garlic butter into the bread bag, shake it and dry in the oven. The second method of cooking garlic kirieshesk is to rub dried garlic sliced with garlic. When large pieces of bread are rubbed with garlic, they can be cut into small cubes and dried as usual.
- Chillies with mushrooms. Fungus crunchy croutons have a spicy taste and delicate aroma. It is very easy to cook mushrooms with mushrooms - for this you need only a cube of seasoning for mushroom broth. Simply crush it over the breadcrumbs before or after drying and the spicy snack is ready.
- Chicken with bacon flavor. Pour some butter into the pan and fry several pieces of bacon on it. Do not remove the bacon immediately, let it remain in the pan until it cools, as the oil will absorb more flavor and aroma. When the pan cools, remove the bacon and connect the fire. After the oil is warm, pour ready-made rusks into the pan and begin to stir them vigorously. Be careful not to burn the future delicacy. When the oil is fully absorbed into the bread, the crackers can be removed and allowed to cool.
- Kirieshki taste sour cream and herbs. For the preparation of this unusual taste you will need powdered milk, butter and a bunch of dill. Greens need to be cut very finely, and it is better to grind it in a blender. You should get at least a full teaspoon of chopped dill. Pour the dill and a tablespoon of powdered milk in hot oil and fry. Add the prepared croutons to the pan and fry them on all sides. When the rusks cool, do not forget to salt and mix well.
Kirieshki, cooked at home, have a deeper and more natural flavor. And most importantly, you can safely offer them to the child.
Salad with kirieshkami
Crackers are like seeds, you will start to crunch and you can not stop. However, very tasty and interesting salads can be made from homemade flavored kirieshesk.
- Royal. Cut a pack of crab sticks, three boiled eggs, add a handful of kirieshek with garlic, rub a little cheese. Season the salad with mayonnaise and a drop of lemon juice.
- Female The name of the salad is due to the fact that it is especially liked by the fair sex. Mix a jar of canned corn with sliced ham, fresh cabbage and crackers of any kind. Season with mayonnaise or yogurt.
- With beans. This salad has an interesting flavor with ordinary ingredients. Mix a jar of canned beans with corn, chopped doctor sausage, grated cheese, fresh cucumbers, green onions, crackers with bacon flavor and mayonnaise.
- Caesar. Well, what about without the famous and beloved salad? Slice boiled chicken meat, mix it with garlic croutons, cherry tomatoes, walnuts and boiled egg. Season the salad with a mixture of mayonnaise, mustard, butter, garlic and lemon juice. Sprinkle with grated cheese when serving.
- Fast. The salad is prepared pretty quickly and will help you out when guests are on the doorstep. Cut the boiled chicken fillet and mix with thinly sliced Peking cabbage, bell pepper, canned corn, mozzarella cheese, crackers and tangerines. Season with mayonnaise and sprinkle with sesame before serving.
Mixing and dressing salads with kirieshkami need before their very filing, so that the rusks are not liquefied and remain crispy.
Often, the kitchen remains stale excess bread, which then must be disposed of. No need to carry stale bread neighborly dog. A drop of fantasy, a bit of free time and a desire can transform an old loaf into a delicious snack. Cook kirieshki at home, experiment with flavors!