Pork is a leader among the available types of meat. The product is used as the basis for many national dishes in Europe, Asia, America and the Far East. Restrictions on the use of pork spread only in those parts of the world where the population professes Judaism or Islam. In other places, the product is happy to stew, fry, smoke, boil and eat. This raises many questions about the harm and benefits of meat.
The composition and use of pork
- Selenium - an element indispensable for the immune system, this mineral compound can be extracted from other animal products (egg, meat, seafood, milk). However, the best source is pork.
- Zinc - a substance has beneficial properties for the male and female reproductive system. Interestingly, more than 20% of the recommended daily allowance of zinc accumulates in 100 grams. pork meat. The element is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain, building bones and muscles, and the work of the immune system.
- Phosphorus is a mineral compound that strengthens bones, nails, hair and teeth. Phosphorus plays the role of energy, it feeds the body and energizes. The substance is responsible for the regeneration of tissues, in one portion of pork contains about 25% of the recommended daily intake of phosphorus.
- The iron component is responsible for blood circulation, the production of red blood cells, the balance of hemoglobin, the full activity of the vascular system. The systematic intake of pork for food reduces the likelihood of anemia (anemia) in adults and children.
- Magnesium is a substance that the body needs to maintain the functioning of the heart muscle, saturating tissues with oxygen, and soft expansion of blood vessels. Magnesium makes the brain work in full force, stimulating neurons. 100 gr. meat accumulates about 7% of the recommended daily allowance of this element.
- Potassium - a substance plays an important role in the stabilization and control of blood pressure, as well as water-salt balance. In combination with magnesium, potassium eliminates the risk of heart disease, and also relieves limbs and internal organs from edema.
- Vitamin B1 - a component otherwise called thiamine. He is responsible for the nervous system, as well as the general psycho-emotional state of a person. Thiamine can be obtained from other types of meat, but pork occupies a leading position in the amount of this substance in the composition (more than 50% of the daily norm).
- Vitamin B2 - riboflavin accumulation in the composition of the meat makes pork useful for skin, hair and nails. With regular intake, the craving for nicotine and alcohol disappears, and body weight stabilizes. Contrary to all pork can not be called a high-calorie product, it is often included in the diet for dieters.
- Pyridoxine - the element has a different name - vitamin B6. The substance is necessary to maintain all metabolic processes, proper digestion, as well as the activity of the central nervous system. Pork saves a person from apathy and reduces susceptibility to extraneous stimuli. About 35% of the acceptable daily allowance of pyridoxine is concentrated in a serving of meat.
- Vitamin B12 - is contained in the amount of 8% of the daily value. Interestingly, only animal products are a source of vitamin B12, pork is no exception. The element is needed for the production of red blood cells, improving vision, increasing digestibility and information processing. Lack of vitamin B12 leads to the formation of anemia and senile dementia (the elderly).
- Creatine is responsible for the formation of muscles, so pork is useful to eat for athletes and those who lead an active lifestyle. Creatine does not allow the fibers to break up during sleep, maintains muscle relief, compensates for the lack of energy and vigor.
- Niacin - in other words, this is vitamin B3. Niacin is needed for proper cell growth and membrane strengthening. The substance accelerates metabolic processes in the skin, preserving the beauty of the face for a long time. Therefore, pork is eaten by people at the age who wish to get rid of wrinkles and pigmentation. More than 40% of daily allowance is concentrated in a portion of meat.
- Taurine - the human body can produce an amino acid on its own, but additional help does not hurt. Taurine affects the activity of the heart muscle, eliminates the likelihood of pathologies, heart attacks and strokes.
- Cholesterol - pork meat includes animal sterols. However, scientific studies have shown that the presence of these substances in food does not affect the overall performance of cholesterol in the blood. That is why meat can be consumed by diabetics and people with obesity.
- Glutathione - a component is a natural antioxidant. The substance cleans the liver and fills the holes in the organ cavity. Glutathione removes toxic compounds and poisons, cleans the intestinal tract from stale waste.
The benefits of pork
- Meat is a source of protein. Nutritionists recommend including pork in the diet of athletes and people who want to lose weight. The product compensates for a lack of energy and increases physical performance.
- Pork helps to quickly recover from past illnesses or operations. Incoming active ingredients enhance brain activity, improve memory.
- Micro- and macronutrients strengthen bones and reduce the likelihood of fractures. The product enhances immunity and also compensates for the lack of vitamins during the periods between seasons.
- Meat favorably affects the nervous system, reduces susceptibility to extraneous stimuli and relieves chronic fatigue.
- The flesh has beneficial effects on female reproductive function. The product has shown itself well for men, meat improves potency and eliminates certain sexual ailments. The special composition of pork reduces the risk of infertility.
- Pork belongs to low-calorie foods, it contains a high percentage of iron and no less useful trace elements. Such substances have a positive effect on the work of the circulatory system.
- Nutritionists strongly recommend to use lean clippings at least once a week for people who suffer from anemia. Regular consumption of meat compensates for the shortage of milk from a nursing mother during the lactation period.
- In order for pork to bring maximum benefit, meat must be baked, boiled or stewed. It is enough for an adult to eat 200 gr. finished product per day.
Harm of pork meat
- It is worth knowing that meat has a lot of growth hormone. When abused, an excessive amount of trace elements causes hypertrophic and inflammatory processes in humans. There is a potential risk of developing new benign tumors and cancer cells.
- The meat is rich in histamine. An excess of such a substance in the human body is fraught with the development of allergies, diseases of the biliary ducts, inflammatory processes and thrombophlebitis.
- Excess histamine provokes the formation of a number of dermatological ailments. From time to time collapse or shock may occur. The abuse of pork leads to the development of arrhythmias, cardiac pathologies and heart attacks.
- Virologists have found that the lung tissue of pigs that make up the sausages, sausages, wieners, are the best medium for the development of influenza viruses of varying degrees. When using such products harmful bacteria penetrate into the human body.
- Microorganisms can not manifest themselves immediately, the condition for reproduction is usually excessive exercise, vitamin deficiency, hypothermia. In this case, the virus begins to actively develop, provoking the disease with the ensuing consequences.
- It is forbidden to use pork meat to individuals with low acidity of the stomach. The main part of the product has a high fat content (with the exception of loin) and excessive energy value. Abuse of the product leads to obesity and the development of atherosclerosis, cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels.
A small amount of pork is good for a healthy person. It should be borne in mind that it is recommended to consume non-fat cutting of the animal. In other cases, the product can significantly harm.