Products from natural fur will never go out of fashion. And all because they are not only warm and comfortable, but also expensive and stylish. A real fur coat or vest made of arctic fox fur is an indicator of wealth and high taste. But what to do if the fur has deteriorated from old age, has become dull or dull. Or you accidentally stained the product, but you cannot get rid of the stain. In this case, you just need to repaint the fur and breathe new life into the clothes. And indeed, the painted fox looks in a new way, as if you have spoiled yourself with another expensive purchase.
We clean the fur before painting
In order for the paint to lay down evenly, completely dye the fur and not leave the pale areas, the product must be cleaned. To do this, prepare a solution of the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- tablespoon of ammonia;
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda;
- tablespoon of powder;
- 2 liters of warm (not hot) water.
Mix all the ingredients and carefully apply the resulting mass to the fur. Swipe the fur product with a brush. Ensure that not only the upper, but also the lower part of the fur is cleaned. A field of this several times, wipe the fur with a clean, damp cloth to wash off the soap composition. The skin on the back is called the core. If possible, it does not need to wet, otherwise it may slip.
Drying fur in natural conditions - no hair dryer and heater. Do not leave the fur in direct sunlight. It is better to hang a fur coat or collar on a hanger and leave it in a well-ventilated place.
How to dye fox fur
As you know, fur can be dyed in special workshops. But the price of such a service is quite high, besides, you will get an unexpected result. If you dye fox fur at home, you can independently control the process and, if necessary, influence it. So, how to transform a fur product?
- First you need to choose paint. In the hardware stores you can find a special paint for fur. It is designed for a similar structure of wool and fits nicely on the villi. If you did not find such a paint, you can use ordinary hair dye. Here you can see a wide palette - from black to reddish-chestnut. It is important to consider that fur should be dyed in darker colors (relative to the native shade). Keep in mind that over time, the red color of the fur will become rusty or red, and the black color will become a dirty brown.
- Part paint according to the instruction. To do this, carefully observe all proportions and water temperature. Wear gloves and a respirator - inhaling paint fumes is quite harmful.
- Lubricate the flesh with fatty baby cream, glycerin or vaseline. This will protect the skin from drying out, as well as prevent its excessive wetting.
- It is possible to paint a fur coat as in a dry, and a damp state. Therefore, painting usually follows the cleaning of the product - a wet pile helps the paint to lie more gently. Take an ordinary brush, with which hairdressers paint the strands and apply the paint on the fur. This should be done quickly, but carefully. Paint over all the areas so that there are no bright patches left.
- To give the fur a special color, you can paint the product with several colors using a stencil. To do this, take a thick piece of cardboard and cut small asymmetric holes on it. Attach the resulting stencil to the fur and color the fur in certain areas with brown. The next step is to paint the center of the brown spots with black. So you get a bright leopard color.
- Fur can not be dyed completely, but only its ends. So you get a rich and rich color. Most often, the ends of the villi are made lighter.
- A great way to refresh a product is to paint the ends of the villi with a special paint for suede, which is sold as an aerosol. Keep the can at a sufficiently large distance, move evenly. It is much easier and faster than classic fur painting.
- After that, leave the fur for the time indicated on the dye package. Usually 30 minutes is enough to get the desired shade.
- Rinse the fur thoroughly so that no paint is left on it.
- In a couple of liters of cool water, dilute five tablespoons of vinegar. Rinse the product in this solution. Vinegar will help maintain softness and shine, as well as fix the color. Then blot the fur with a dry towel.
- To prevent the fox from shrinking during drying, the core should be stretched. To do this, with clothespins, hook the edges of the product and stretch it on the table. So you will not allow deformation.
You need to dry the fur in a ventilated room, you can on the balcony. Do not dry the fox under the sun, near the battery or using a hair dryer. Periodically comb through the fur so that it does not dry out in random order.
How to dye fox fur in a light shade
If the natural fox fur is already dark enough, and you do not want to dye it in a more saturated color, it should be discolored beforehand. This can be done with a special hair clarifier or simple hydrogen peroxide.
Dilute the lightening paint according to the instructions. If you use hydrogen peroxide, dilute it with water in a 1: 3 ratio. Apply the prepared tool on the fur and leave for 10-15 minutes. It is not recommended to keep the brightening compound for a long time, otherwise the villi may become brittle. In this case, you risk generally remain without fur. After that, rinse the fur and leave to dry. It is possible to paint fur after clarification only after complete drying of the product. It is not necessary to lighten and dye the fur several times. One time will be enough, otherwise you can permanently spoil the structure of the villi.
Do not rush to abandon boring or damaged fur things. The keen eye, imagination and competent approach will allow you to update your winter products. Shine and change without changing yourself!