At all times, women have sought to be beautiful and attractive to men. But the concept of beauty changed depending on the era. And if a few centuries ago, a magnificent body was considered a symbol of health and elegance, then toned and dried figures are in vogue today. Virtually every woman who has at least a little extra weight leads a relentless struggle with him. Exhausting diets, monotonous exercises, massages and cosmetic procedures are used. However, only competent actions will help you lose weight. To get rid of excess weight gradually and permanently, you need to focus on proper nutrition and cardio. The best training of this type is running. Today we will talk about running on a treadmill, its benefits and features, about the rules of running for weight loss, as well as numerous nuances that will help you lose weight quickly and permanently.
Why running is the best way to lose weight?
If we scan the human body, we will see its structure. The bones are associated with a muscular corset, which is covered with adipose tissue. If we do strength training, do various exercises at a moderate pace, we simply strengthen a specific muscle group. However, the fatty layer that covers these muscles does not allow them to be seen. That is why illiterate training can make a woman not thin and slim, but big and massive. Of course, large muscles require more nutrition, which, in part, can be consumed from fat, but this percentage is small and without the "drying" of a noticeable slimming effect will not.
To reduce the percentage of body fat, you need to lean on the cardio. This is any kind of physical exertion in which breathing quickens, and the heart beats stronger. Cycling, skiing, and aerobics may be suitable as cardio loads. But most of all for losing weight is running. It does not require special training, practically has no contraindications. Running perfectly trains and strengthens the heart, develops strength and endurance. Running - this is one of the few loads, which involve almost all the muscles of the body. Many people like to run, but do not do it regularly because of bad weather. If you have a treadmill in your home, you can run at any time of day convenient for you, without looking at the weather conditions.
What time is better to run
So, you bought a treadmill and are trying to plan your day so as to give enough time for running. Many have a question, when is it better to run - in the morning or in the evening? There are many different theories about the benefits of running, depending on the time of day, but many of them are simply not confirmed. You can run both in the morning and in the evening, it depends on your free time. But you need to follow a few rules. Many people decide to run in the morning to get a charge of vivacity for the whole day. As a rule, you have to jog before leaving for work, getting up very early. Remember, after waking up and before jogging, it should take at least half an hour for the body to completely wake up. Also during the morning run, you need to pay special attention to the warm-up. Before you start running, you need to walk calmly, and then with a quick step, about 10-15 minutes. This will allow you to warm up your heart and set it up for active work. Evening jogging should be planned so that it ends no later than an hour and a half before going to bed.
Food and running
In the fight against overweight, nutrition is one of the main conditions for a successful outcome. How to combine the rules of healthy eating with running? If you want to lose weight, you need to eat fractional, 5-6 times a day, in small portions. Try not to eat one hour before your workout, so as not to exercise on a full stomach. If the last meal was quite long, you do not need to engage on an empty stomach. Moreover, in the period of losing weight, the body simply should not feel hunger. In this case, eat something light, but nutritious. This may be a banana, yogurt, cornbread. Such products will give you energy to workout more efficiently.
After class, you can not have at least another hour. It has been proven that after intense exercise the muscles continue to burn fat for some time. If you eat, the process will stop, the muscles will burn not the fat layer, but what you have used.
How to run on a treadmill for weight loss
Surely you have seen professional runners. Remember how they look. Sprinters who perform at short distances have a large muscle mass, they are large and pumped up. Muscle mass gives them the power to move quickly in a short period of time. But the marathon runners, who must run more than forty kilometers, are very thin and dried. The amount of muscle and fat mass is very small. Low weight allows you to carry the body over a long period of time.
A similar comparison is given for a clear example, that running is not always the same. Different techniques can lead to different results. If you want to increase muscle mass and make the body relief, you need to run at the limit of its capabilities - very quickly, at short distances up to 500 meters. If you want to dry and tighten the body, the run should be long and slow to have enough strength over long distances. In this case, for one workout, you need to run at least 10 kilometers. This is just one of the few rules that should be followed while running. We will tell about other nuances and subtleties of running on a treadmill for weight loss.
- Modern simulators have the function of lifting the treadmill. Many girls, dreaming of an early result, create additional complexity for themselves and raise the track surface by 30 degrees or more. In this case, after a few workouts, you will notice how your calves began to grow in size. When lifting, the main load falls on the calves, they are well pumped. If you do not need this, it is better to run on a flat surface. But the rise will be the way, if you want to pump the buttocks. If you do not run on the rise, but walk at a brisk pace, the load will come not on the calves, but on the buttocks.
- While running, it is very important to take the correct posture. Try not to slouch, your back should be flat, shoulders straightened, the press should be kept in tension. Be sure to help the body with your hands - keep them bent in elbows. This creates an additional load on the hands and improves blood circulation.
- While running, you can not talk or sing, pay enough attention to breathing. Inhale the air you need to nose, and preferably exhale mouth. Keep such a pace of running that breathing was speeded up, but not on the verge of oxygen starvation. If you are choking, it is better to temporarily slow down.
- If you start stabbing in the right or left side, it can talk about many problems. So it can chop the liver, if you started to engage after a heavy meal. The side can prick from sharp and intensive loadings. In this case, you need to go to the step, and the next time you start to engage gradually - both in time and in intensity of running.
- Be sure to wear sneakers. Many girls make a big mistake when they don’t wear sports shoes on a treadmill, explaining that this is not a street, but a house. Good sneakers create sufficient cushioning, make running more comfortable and efficient.
- You need to run at least 40 minutes if you want to lose weight. It is proved that in the first 20 minutes the body burns glycogen, which comes with food. And only after the designated time begin to spend fat stores.
- How many times do you need to run to lose weight? It is not necessary to run every day, although in this situation the result will be achieved much faster. It is better to run so that it is comfortable, the body has time to recover and relax, so that you do not lose the desire for this business. Optimal run 3-4 times a week.
- Be sure to start your workout with a warm-up - first walk and then run.
- If you need to lose weight in the shortest possible time, training with an interval run is very effective. In this case, you need to alternate running at the limit of their capabilities with a quick pace. It is better to start with a 30-second fast run and a minute of fast stride. Gradually the interval of running increases, and the step decreases.
- A lot of people who run is contraindicated for health reasons. If you have sore knees or too much weight, you need not run and walk on a treadmill. Vigorous walking is also very effective in burning weight.
- To run was not tedious or boring, you can simultaneously listen to music or watch TV. Distractions will allow you to run much longer distances and not notice fatigue.
- If you combine cardio with other types of physical activity, run is better to leave at the end of the session.
- Be sure to follow the gradual classes. Start with small runs, slowly increasing the level of load. Remember, you need to increase either the running speed or the running time. Simultaneously increasing the load can be dangerous, especially for women after 40 years.
- Some trainers help you lose weight more efficiently by calculating your heart rate. Normally, the age of a slimming lady should be subtracted from the number 220. The resulting number is the maximum heart rate (MCSS), which can never be exceeded. For weight loss, the frequency should be 60-65% of the MCS. That is, if a girl is 25 years old, you need to subtract her age from 220 and calculate 65% of the resulting difference. 220-25 = 195, 195 * 0.65 = 126.75. So, during training, you need to keep the pulse at about 127 beats of the heart per minute. Modern treadmills allow you to monitor the pulse, which is an undoubted advantage.
These simple rules will help you lose weight with running effectively, safely and pleasantly.
The number of unformed bodies on the streets is growing every year. The reason for this is an insufficient amount of physical activity, laziness, sedentary work, temptations in the form of fast food. Many justify the loose body of motherhood, breastfeeding, lack of money for gyms. But in fact, if you wish, you can always change the situation - pull yourself together, adjust nutrition, begin to run and practice. Always be beautiful, watch your figure, and then you can preserve the health of your body and good spirits for many years!