Recently, a cosmetic mask of gelatin is gaining popularity among women of different generations. And this is not surprising. It is really easy to prepare, easy to apply, and the effect of such a mask is simply stunning.
The mask of gelatin, activated carbon and milk is aimed at deep cleansing of the skin. Our pores are small holes in which sebum is produced. Some problem areas (forehead, nose, chin) produce too much sebum, which causes increased oily skin. And when sebum comes out of the pores, it is oxidized under the action of oxygen, which is why it gets dark. So comedones are formed - black dots on the face.
The gelatin mask in liquid form penetrates into the pores, adheres to the black sebum, and after drying pulls out all the fat that is clogged in the pores. It should be noted that the mask has not only a powerful cleansing effect.
The benefits of gelatin and activated carbon masks
- Activated carbon has adsorbing and antiseptic properties. This means activated carbon masks disinfect the skin, protecting it from inflammation, acne and acne. In addition, by absorbing excess sebum, coal is able to regulate sebum production and reduce the excess fat content of the epidermis. Activated carbon perfectly tightens the skin, which is especially important with enlarged pores.
- Gelatin has a unique cosmetic effect. It is just a godsend for mature skin. Gelatin activates the production of collagen, which contributes to the regeneration of skin cells in a natural way. This means that with regular use of gelatin in masks you can get rid of small wrinkles, the skin will become more toned and elastic. Another excellent property of gelatin is his ability to perfectly exfoliate dead cells of the epidermis, perfectly refreshing and toning his face.
- Milk, which is also part of the mask, is an important component. It actively moisturizes and nourishes the skin of the face, evens out its color. Due to the light whitening property, the milk brightens freckles, age spots, unwanted tan. In addition, milk softens the aggressive effects of activated carbon and gelatin. It is best to take full-fat milk for dry skin and skimmed for oily skin.
How to make a mask of activated carbon
- To prepare the mask, we need a tablespoon of gelatin, 6 tablets of activated carbon and 2-3 spoons of milk. Milk is best to take natural, from under the cow, and not from the pack - it is devoid of many useful properties. If there is no milk at hand, you can use plain water, but the amount of mask nutrients in this case decreases. Activated carbon grind. This can be done with a tablespoon and a teaspoon, a mortar or just a rolling pin. When the powder is ready, it is mixed with gelatin and warm milk. Next you need to wait until the gelatin swells. This can be achieved simply by leaving the mass in a warm place for an hour. If there is no waiting time, you can put the container in a water bath or in a microwave for 30 seconds. Then you need to wait for the mass to cool.
- To make the result of using the mask even more spectacular, the skin must first be prepared. For this, we just have time until the mask cools down. It is necessary to steam the face so that the pores are enlarged and the purification is even deeper. To do this, you can make a decoction of herbs. Take chamomile, nettle, sage or St. John's wort. Cook on the basis of collecting decoction. Then pour it into a wide bowl, cover it with a towel and expose the face to the rising pair. Be careful - do not burn yourself. 10 minutes is enough to widen the pores. After that, you need to wet the face with a clean cloth.
- Before using the mask, do not forget to check it for allergens for your skin. Apply a little bit of the preparation to your wrist, neck, or inside of the elbow. If after 10 minutes on the treated area there is no itching, redness or swelling, you can use the mask for its intended purpose.
- The most important moment has come - applying a magic mask. When applied, it should be warm and comfortable for the skin. The prepared cosmetic should be applied with a brush, layer by layer. When you apply the first layer, it is very important to do the driving movements - so you "drive" the mask even deeper into the pores. After that, apply the mask layer by layer until all the prepared remedy is on your face. When applying, pay attention to problem areas that are most susceptible to the formation of black spots - the chin, nose wings, forehead. You should not put a mask on the area around the eyes - the mask components are quite aggressive and can burn the delicate skin of the eyelids.
- After applying the mask you need to lie down in a calm state for about half an hour. During this time, all the active ingredients of homemade cosmetics prepared will give the skin maximum benefit. Try not to smile, not to speak, and not to perform any mimic actions so that the mask does not deform. After this time, it is necessary to make sure that the mask is completely dry.
- The most pleasant moment has come - removing the cosmetic mask. To do this, gently pry the edge of the dried product and carefully peel it off the skin. The whole effect of the mask is that it comes off as a solid layer, and right on the dried layer of the mask you can observe the black dots taken out of the pores. The skin after removing the mask is incredibly clean and smooth.
Skin care after the mask
Such deep cleansing leaves behind vulnerable skin that needs special care. Immediately after removing the mask, the face should be washed with warm water to wash off the residue. Then the skin is rubbed with ice. This is useful for enlarged pores. In addition, now is the most opportune moment - when the pores are clean and empty. You can wipe the skin not just with frozen water, but with a frozen decoction of herbs, cucumber juice. After that, the face should be blotted with a napkin and apply a thin layer of light cream.
Despite the striking effect of the mask, yet the components of this cosmetic are quite aggressive. Therefore, the mask can not be used more than once a week. The full course of treatment is one and a half to two months. After completing a full course of weekly applications, the skin will become much cleaner, comedoes will decrease in size.
Gelatin and milk-based activated carbon masks are a real find. Now you do not need to buy expensive cosmetic strips designed to deal with black dots. All the necessary arsenal is at your home. The mask with gelatin and activated carbon is an effective, natural and cheap means for deep cleansing of the skin. After all, flawless skin is the best decoration!