Beautiful, elastic and pumped body - it is not only attractive, but also fashionable. After all, the modern fashion for a healthy lifestyle is becoming increasingly popular. However, men often make some mistakes, because of which the formed figure becomes awkward. Often this is expressed by pumped-up arms, but weak (even thin) legs, improperly shaped breasts. The muscles of the upper part of the breast make up 60 percent of the entire breast; therefore, working through the upper part, we determine the appearance of the breast as a whole. And the beautifully pumped chest and the “collar” area attracts women as much as powerful biceps. But how to form this chest so that the real result is noticeable?
Exercises for pumping the upper chest
Here are some effective exercises that will help you carefully work out the upper chest.
- Always start your workout with exercises on an incline bench. This will focus on the upper group of muscles. You can press the barbell, do exercises with dumbbells, the main condition is that the bench should not be horizontal but inclined. And the need to perform these exercises at the very beginning of the workout is that the muscles at this moment are “fresh”, you can do more approaches and repetitions, which provides the best result. It is best to set the incline bench at 20-30 degrees. If you do more, for example, 45, deltas enter the work, removing the load from the pectoral muscles.
- Prefer dumbbells, not the bar. Doing exercises with dumbbells on an inclined bench, constantly change the angle of the bench. This allows you to work out different muscles of the breast - upper, middle and lower part. The most effective exercise with dumbbells for the upper part of the chest - is raising hands to the side. Lie on an inclined bench, arms slightly bent at the elbows, fists turned palms toward each other. Open your arms as wide as possible. Do 30 repetitions in 4-5 sets.
- If you are in the gym, one of the best simulators for the chest is a simulator for raising hands. It not only gives a tremendous load on the necessary muscles, but also stretches them qualitatively, which allows the fibers to grow even more. In this case, be sure to watch your elbows - lift your elbows higher and keep them parallel to the floor.
- Very good for building up the pectoral muscles of the bench press with partial amplitude. Sit on a horizontal or inclined bench, grip - a little wider than usual. Partial amplitude is when movements are performed not strictly from the bottom up, but only in the upper part, slightly lowering and raising the neck.
- Another good exercise for working out the pectoral muscles is push-ups. But the classic push-ups affect for the most part only the lower part of the chest. Therefore, we will push up on the chairs. Place two stools so that between them there is a distance equal to the distance from the elbow to the elbow. Legs lean on a bench or sofa (if the exercise is done at home). When lowering the body try to lower as low as possible, so you are working through the upper part of the pectoral muscles. It is best to perform 20 repetitions in 3-4 approaches. If this number of repetitions and approaches is easy for you, do the exercise with a load.
- A great exercise to work out the upper chest - exercises on the uneven bars. To maximize the effect of the exercises, you need to place your hands as wide as possible, and not fully lower, but only half.
- Lie down on a horizontal (but better on an inclined!) Bench. Hold dumbbells in your hands as if holding a neck in your hands. Start lifting and lowering the dumbbells at the same time. Do 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps.
- To work the inside of the pectoral muscles, you need to perform narrow pushups. The technique of doing the exercise is similar to the classic push-ups, but the hands should be placed as close as possible to each other, so that the fingers of one hand touch the fingers of the other hand. At the same time, lowering the body, do not rush to rise to its original position, fix the body in this form for a second. This will give the upper chest a maximum load.
- Another type of exercise in which the upper chest is involved is push-ups “forward”. To do this, you need to position the legs at a higher level than the rest of the body. To create a load on the muscles of the chest, not the triceps, you need to have elbows so that they look in different directions.
These basic exercises can be supplemented with other variations, but the basic techniques should be the same. To work out the upper chest is important and training schedule.
How much to train
First, pay attention to the training regime. Any experienced bodybuilder will tell you that you can not train every day. Even with a strong desire to achieve great results. The fact is that at intensive training the muscle fibers get micro-breaks, which subsequently heal (hence the pain after training). If you exercise at intervals of a day, the muscles have the ability to stretch and grow, which is what we need.
When scheduling workouts, try to change the exercises so that the muscles do not get used, change the type of exercises, increase the number of repetitions and approaches, add weight. Each time the load must be modified, increased. The only way you can build muscle.
Diet to build muscle
Considerable importance when building any muscle group is nutrition. Any athlete knows that the basis of bodybuilding nutrition is protein. His percentage in any meal should be at least 60. Here are some nutritional rules that will speed up the process of building up the muscles of the chest.
- Protein, protein, protein. This is the main condition for muscle growth. This may include meat, fish, poultry, egg white, dairy products, soy, beans.
- Considerable importance is given to carbohydrates. They must be at least 30 percent. This helps build mass.
- It is necessary to eat fractional - often, gradually. It is better if you have about 6 meals per day. A serving should be such as to satisfy hunger, but at the same time such as to get hungry in 2.5-3 hours.
- Before training it is better to eat something carbohydrate, for example, a banana. It will saturate the body with energy so that the workout will be useful, intense, intense.
- Immediately after exercise, you can drink a protein shake. Exhausted muscles will gladly accept the protein product, which will contribute to their active growth.
- Special attention should be paid to liquids. On the day you need to drink at least 2.5 liters of pure water, you can mineral, but not carbonated. Coffee, strong tea, alcohol, carbonated drinks should be eliminated altogether or minimized.
- In cooking, preference should be given to cooking and stewing. You can steam, bake meat and vegetables in the oven. No frying!
- Discard the oil or use it as little as possible - only in salad dressings. In general, it is better to fill salads from fresh vegetables with kefir or yogurt.
- Refuse from salt and sugar or reduce their consumption to a minimum.
- Carbohydrate foods (pasta from durum wheat, whole grain bread) should be consumed mainly in the morning. Dinner (especially after training) - strictly protein products. This will allow you to dry, to get more relief forms.
These simple rules will help you speed up the process of building muscle - not only the upper chest, but also the rest of the body.
Sometimes pumping the upper part of the pectoral muscles is required by the girl. This is due not only to the desire for a relief body. Strengthening the pectoral muscles allows you to tighten the mammary glands, to increase their volume by half the size. Exercises in this case should be similar, but the number of repetitions and approaches should be less than in men.
A beautiful male body with pronounced pectoral muscles creates the image of a wild Tarzan, which women like so much. Often, coming to the gym and dumbbell every night is not enough. To build your own body must be approached responsibly. Only with the right approach can you fashion your own shape, making it perfect.