Any diseases and changes in the skin of the face bring us a lot of discomfort. Weathered lips, dry skin - all this causes unpleasant tightness. But most of all the pain and problems bring zadyy. Bits are small cracks in the corners of the mouth, which constantly open, do not heal for a long time, and hurt. A person cannot normally open his mouth for talking and eating, cannot eat sour and salty foods, since the ingress of an aggressive compound on an open wound causes intense burning and pain. In addition, the problem has a cosmetic aspect - few people like cracks in the lips, especially if they appeared in a woman. Bits do not allow you to make up and put lipstick on your lips. Zayedy is not just a wound. For such injuries, there is a medical term - angulitis or angular stomatitis. Most often it is caused by a Candida fungus or Streptococcal infection. In this article we will consider the reasons for the development of food in the corners of the mouth and the ways of treating a similar condition, both medical and home.
Why do corners appear in the corners of the mouth
As noted, Candida fungus or Streptococcus bacterium becomes the main causative agent of the development of the jam. But how do they appear on the lips and oral mucosa? Let's try to cover all the causes of the development of food in the corners of the mouth.
- Dirty hands. Most often, the infection gets on the mucous membrane of the mouth with dirty hands, especially in children. They often pull their hands in their mouths for a walk, after playing in the sandbox, etc. The disease develops more rapidly if there are injuries and wounds on the lips or mucous membrane of the mouth.
- Lack of vitamin B2. Another common cause of development in the corners of the mouth is riboflavin deficiency. With a lack of vitamin B2, the amount of collagen is reduced, the skin loses its elasticity, breaks at any stretch, does not heal for a long time.
- Nearby infections. In some cases, the infection can move from nearby organs. Candida easily goes to the lips with candidal stomatitis, streptococcus can be transferred from the mucous throat with tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sore throat. Snipes can occur due to herpes, cold viruses, caries, etc.
- Immunity. Often the disease develops in a weak body, which can not give an independent response to infection. A similar state of low immunity develops after a serious and prolonged illness, with vitamin deficiency, during the flu season and colds.
- Allergy. A local allergic reaction can be a trigger for the appearance of wounds on the skin. The skin can react to toothpaste, makeup, skin care creams, etc.
- Bite. If a person has an incorrect bite, his lips can be positioned so that the saliva constantly wets and soaks the skin, making it more vulnerable and fragile when stretched. People who are starting to wear braces and other systems for alignment of the dentition often encounter this.
- Prosthesis. If dentures were done incorrectly, it can lead to permanent damage to the integrity of the skin and infection of the wounds.
- Weather. Aggressive effects of the environment can also cause cracks in the corners of the mouth. Frost, heat, a sharp temperature drop, wind, salty sea water - all this adversely affects the delicate skin of the lips.
- The main diseases. In some cases, long non-healing cracks in the corners of the mouth can be caused by the patient’s main diseases - diabetes, syphilis, HIV infection, stomach diseases, anemia.
- Hypothermia Occasionally, congestions in the corners of the mouth appear during hypothermia, when a person has been forced to stay in the cold, in the rain, etc.
- Weathered lips. If your lips often become chapped, this may be accompanied by constant stickiness at the corners of the mouth, which do not heal for a long time. This is observed in people who have the habit of licking their lips.
- Acceptance of hormones. If for some reason you have to take hormone therapy for a long time, your skin becomes sensitive and pliable to various injuries. This happens after taking corticosteroids, glucocorticoids, cytostatics, etc.
In addition, zadyadi may appear due to illiterate removal and treatment of acne, saliva stagnation, the use of unwashed vegetables and fruits. Infection with a fungus or bacterium can occur through unwashed dishes used by a sick person. If you have not treated the wounds on the mucous membrane in time, this also increases the risk of the appearance of food in the corners of the mouth. Knowing the main causes of the appearance of angulitis, you can choose the right treatment and prevent re-infection. But what to do if the zadi already appeared?
How to determine the nature of the disease
It is very important to determine the nature of the disease in order to select the appropriate treatment. Slivers most often appear and are treated at home and patients rarely go to the doctor with this problem. If you are in doubt of self-treatment, or you can not remove the jade for a long time, be sure to consult a doctor. To cope with this problem will help the therapist or dentist. But can you get rid of the food in the corners of the mouth yourself?
Of course you can! And for this you need to determine the nature of the disease - fungal or bacterial. Streptococcal angulitis may look like a vial with a thin skin or as a sore with a thick crust, in the middle of which there is an open painful crack. The crust, consisting of pus and blood, is often accompanied by pain, burning, itching. Streptococcal pathogen appears more often in children.
Candida angulitis is quite possible to distinguish by appearance. Over the inflamed epidermis there is a gray or white bloom, which is easily removed. The characteristic difference is that candidal angulitis does not have a firm and pronounced crust. Very often, the fungal infection is of a chronic, recurring nature. Only after a precise determination of the pathogen can we proceed to its treatment.
Drug treatment of angulitis
Depending on the nature of the disease, you need to choose the appropriate drug therapy.
- Antifungal drugs. If the pathogen of angulitis is Candida, antifungal treatment should be carried out - local or general. Among the ointments can be distinguished such effective tools as Nystatin, Lamisil, Levorin, Sulfur-Salicylic Ointment. Such drugs relieve pain, burning, itching. If the treatment began at an early stage of the disease, then you can only do with local ointments. In the event that the lesion is quite extensive, antifungal agents are taken orally. Among them are the same Nystatin, Diflucan, Futsis, Ketocanazole, Levorin. These drugs are available in the form of capsules or tablets.
- Antibiotics. When the nature of the disease is streptococcal, antibiotic therapy is necessary. If the flukes are not very large, it is possible to do with local antibacterial ointments - Erythromycin, Sintomitsin, Levomekol. It is very effective to use Vishnevsky ointment, but it should not be allowed to enter the mouth. If the disease has gone very far and local treatments do not help to cope with cracks, it is necessary to take antibiotics inside. They are selected for sensitivity to a particular pathogen in a particular organism. For this, bacteriological seeding is done (ideally).
- Vitamins. Since the lack of vitamins and low immunity are also the cause of the development of angulitis, multivitamin complexes and immunomodulators are mandatory prescribed. You need to choose vitamins with a large dose of vitamin A and B2. Among them are Aevit, Aerovit.
- Antihistamines. If angulitis develops due to an allergic reaction, antihistamines should be taken within 3-4 days. These are Diazolin, Zyrtec, Suprastin, etc.
If you have an occlusion or an ill-equipped denture, it is imperative that you contact your dentist to solve the underlying problem. If seizures in the corners of the mouth appear due to aggressive weather conditions, they can be cured with ointments such as Panthenol (Bepanten), Metrogil-dent, Teymurov's paste, etc. Such tools will not only heal the crack, but also relieve itching and burning.
Folk remedies in the fight with zadyami
Bits in the corners of the mouth are quite amenable to treatment with folk remedies, which in some cases are no less effective than pharmaceutical drugs.
- Butter. Moisturize and heal the skin will help any cosmetic oil, because vegetable oils contain a lot of vitamin A and E. Lubricate the skin with olive, peach, coconut or almond oil and it will heal quickly and recover. Perfectly cope with jammed tea tree oil.
- Honey and propolis tincture. Bee products have powerful healing properties. Just smear the cracks with honey and leave for half an hour. It is effective to make a compress - wet the cotton wool in propolis tincture and apply it to the jam for 20-30 minutes.
- Chamomile, calendula, plantain. Prepare a strong decoction from these plants and make lotions to the wound as often as possible. Chamomile will soothe itching and pain, calendula will disinfect the wound, plantain will heal the bones and promote skin regeneration.
- Aloe. The juice of this plant has excellent bactericidal properties. Just drip aloe juice right on the wound, let it soak. If you carry out the procedure 3-4 times a day, in the morning you will not remember the pain in the corners of the mouth.
- Fish fat. This is a pure vitamin that replenishes local deficiency. Squeeze the oily liquid from the capsule and lubricate the skin lesions as often as possible. After a couple of days the wound will heal, the skin at the treatment site will become healthy and elastic.
These simple recipes will help you get rid of even chronic angulitis. The main thing is not to delay treatment, but act as quickly as possible.
In order to prevent recurrence of events, it is necessary to observe preventive measures. Carefully follow the oral cavity, perform hygienic measures. If there is a sore, cut or bite of the mucous membrane, it is necessary to process the wound. Explain to the child that dirty hands should not be pulled in the mouth; before eating, it is necessary to wash them. Do not lick your lips, especially on the street. Choose only high-quality cosmetics and toothpaste. Eat a balanced and varied, so that the body does not experience a deficiency of vitamins. Treat caries, sore throat, tonsillitis, etc. promptly. By following these simple rules, you can reduce the risk of developing an angulitis and protect yourself from unpleasant sensations.