Each housewife wants to keep order and cleanliness in the house, while excelling in all sorts of ways. Household appliances of various orientations, including a washing vacuum cleaner, come to the rescue. Before buying, you should be familiar with the main characteristics, including engine power, volume of liquid tanks, maintenance nuances, nozzle options, etc. In order not to miscalculate, it is important to approach the process thoroughly. We analyze the main points.
Washing Vacuum Cleaner
- With the help of the device, you can easily clean smooth floors, as well as windows and doors. The main focus of the washing vacuum cleaner is laminate, linoleum, tile of any material (stone, ceramics, marble, etc.), glass surfaces.
- If we talk about kavroline, cleaning of a not very long pile (about 2 cm) is allowed. In all other cases, the water does not come out of the coating completely, there will be a risk of mold. Advanced models of washing vacuum cleaners even water flowers and clean the sewers.
- Especially useful washing vacuum cleaner is considered for people with allergies and asthmatics. The fact is that the device not only collects dust and dirt, but also filters the air in the apartment. Small fractions are nailed to the floor, and then absorbed.
- It is important to remember that allergies require an aqua filter. It is he who will fully clean and disinfect the living space, without adversely affecting the health of the household.
Vacuum cleaner: disadvantages
- This type of vacuum cleaner does not apply to universal devices. It can easily clean even lint-free surfaces, but in the case of natural wool carpets, the procedure becomes impossible.
- After processing the coating, the engine power is not enough to maximally collect all the moisture from the wool. If the hostess does not have the opportunity to dry the material in the sun, eventually the smell of dampness and mold will appear.
- A washing vacuum cleaner is not recommended for use on wooden floors, particularly on the floor. It will not remove all water that was released from the tank during processing. As a result, the liquid clogged in the gap, the tree will begin to rot.
- After processing the flooring you need to spend at least a quarter of an hour to clean the device itself. This is especially true of water tanks that need thorough washing and drying. If you leave water in a vacuum cleaner, it will cause an unpleasant smell.
- The pricing policy also belongs to negative characteristics, which is 2-4 times higher than the cost of a conventional unit. In addition, the washing vacuum cleaner is much more massive and, as a result, heavier than the base appliance without the washing function.
How to choose a washing vacuum cleaner: basic characteristics
As mentioned above, washing vacuum cleaners vary in terms of tank volume, engine power, tube type, maintenance nuances and nozzles supplied. Let's talk about everything in order.
- The quality of cleaning depends on the engine power, which is determined in watts. The higher the specified parameter, the more comfortable the cleaning will be.
- It is worth remembering forever that the quality is determined not by the power consumption, but by suction. Do not be fooled by the advertising trick of some companies, which emphasize that their vacuum cleaner has a power consumption of 1400-1600 Watts.
- Before you buy a product, find out exactly the power of absorption from the sales assistant. Even with professional vacuum cleaners, it rarely reaches 1000 watts. For home cleaning suitable device with a rate of 400 watts.
- It is also important to clarify that power is spent on air humidification, filters, deodorization, additional nozzles. All this consumes energy, which reduces the quality of work.
- Some manufacturers specify the maximum and not power consumption. In this case, the first is 30% higher than the second, this figure will not tell you anything, do not look at it.
- The vacuum cleaner goes to maximum power immediately after switching on (the first 2-3 seconds). Throughout the rest of the cleaning, it works in nominal condition. If the maximum speed is indicated, it is easy to identify the face value: divide the indicator "max" by 1.4.
- One of the most important characteristics of a washing vacuum cleaner is the volume of tanks. Depending on the area of the room you need to choose the appropriate capacity.
- The standard washing vacuum cleaner possesses two tanks. Purified water flows into the first; it is the main vessel. For cleaning the premises of the three living rooms require about 4-5 liters of volume. To date, the leading company-produced produce vacuum cleaners with tanks of 2-10 liters, so everyone will find an option for themselves.
- If we talk about the area of one-room or two-room apartment, you just need to buy a vacuum cleaner with a main water tank with a volume of about 2-4 liters. On the area of 30-60 square meters. m. it is quite enough.
- Owners of large private homes should not be stingy. Prefer models with a tank that holds 9-10 liters of water. Otherwise, you will have to stop cleaning in order to wash and clean the vacuum cleaner, and then refill the vessel with purified water.
- The second tank serves for the withdrawal of dirty water, which has already worked its own. As a rule, the volume of the tank is 5-20 liters, it all depends on the specific model. You should not think about this indicator, because it always exceeds the size of the main tank.
- Before buying, evaluate the presence of indicators on the handle or the body of the vacuum cleaner. Flashing lights indicate that the second tank is full and it is time to clean it. The indicator can also show the volume of water remaining in the main tank.
The nuances of servicing a washing vacuum cleaner
- Maintenance of a particular model depends on the location of the tanks for waste and clean water. You need to remove the containers, then fill or drain the liquid, then put in place. On such manipulations it takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Some companies place tanks vertically, the bottom is a compartment for dirty water, the top - for clean. To drain the waste fluid, you must remove the first tank. This is considered a disadvantage.
- Other models of vacuum cleaners have a design called “tank in tank”. In this scenario, a keg of clean water is inserted into the cavity of the tank with dirty liquid. To fill the water, you need to unfasten the clips on the top, then fill the vessel with liquid. In the process of cleaning dirty water flows into the second compartment, it is very easy to remove it from there.
- Leading manufacturers have developed washing vacuum cleaners with a compact maintenance system. It consists of two cylinders inserted one into the other. A plus is the fact that you can pour clean water several times without removing the dirty liquid.
- To date, the most popular models of washing vacuum cleaners are those that have an external container-cassette. It is attached to the outer part of the case, so removal and filling with water takes place in a few minutes. Also, do not need to carry a vacuum cleaner in the bathroom.
Vacuum cleaner tube
- Modern washing vacuum cleaners literally adapt to the characteristics of their owner. So, the telescopic tube is adjustable in length, taking into account the height of a person, which is very convenient. At the same time on the tube there is a control unit with buttons that regulates absorbability, etc.
- The unit is not installed on all devices. Management can be wired and wireless. Each of them has disadvantages and advantages. In the first version, the handset is heavier due to the wire, however, according to the pricing policy, such washing vacuum cleaners are cheaper.
- If we talk about wireless handsets, the control is carried out by infrared and radio. The second option is more reliable, since with infrared control the beam must have direct contact with the vacuum cleaner. This is difficult to achieve, since there are usually obstacles in the apartment (TV, sofa, etc.).
- If we talk about the material from which the tube is made, it can be plastic or metal. Metal devices more reliable, but plastic have less weight and price.
Nozzles for the washing vacuum cleaner
- The classic set includes about 7 brushes, as well as nozzles of different functionality. This may include a device for dry cleaning, which has a program to switch from carpet to a smooth floor, and vice versa. There are also brushes for wet cleaning, cleaning curtains and furniture, windows and mirrors, laminate, linoleum, etc.
- In order to carry out dry cleaning, you need a universal brush, in which the length of the pile is adjustable from smaller to larger. Also needed a thin nozzle for the slots and a small brush.
- As for wet cleaning, when it is performed, a nozzle is applied for carpets and flooring, which has an automatic switch to the cleaning mode for hard surfaces. In addition, you need a brush for washing all types of coatings (in particular solid) and a nozzle for cleaning upholstered furniture.
- Try to choose brushes with rubberized wheels. When cleaning the floor you will not scratch the tiles and laminate, also increase the speed of cleaning. Popular models of washing vacuum cleaners include a plunger. It is attached to the tube, is used when clogging the sink, bath, toilet.
- From additional nozzles for dry cleaning, you can select a special thin brush. It removes dust from hard-to-reach places (shutters, picture frames, etc.). Nozzle of foam rubber allows you to clean your PC monitor or TV without harm to the LCD display, as well as varnished interior items.
- Standard equipment of a high-quality washing vacuum cleaner will necessarily include a turbo brush. Thanks to her, high-quality cleaning of upholstered furniture and carpets is made. The nozzle easily cleans pet hair, human hair, etc.
- The complete set of adaptation represents the rotating brush with pile of average rigidity. The nozzle moves due to the flow of drawn air. This design minimizes the suction power, so it makes sense to replace the turbo brush with an electric analog (powered by a motor).
- Make sure that a brush for cleaning hard coatings comes with the vacuum cleaner. Take care of the presence of a foam roller or a special nozzle for washing windows / mirrors with a rubberized coating.
- Each washing vacuum cleaner includes filters that vary in type and determine the quality of cleaning. In the process of washing the air flow is blown out, and dust particles are stuck in the filter. If the system is inadequate, you risk greatly deteriorating your health.
- The main purpose of air filtration is to reduce the emission of dust particles to a minimum. Leading manufacturers produce washing vacuums with aqua-filters. The fixture is an additional tank with clean water. During cleaning, dust passes through the liquid, remaining in it.
- Nevertheless, even despite such a complex structure, water filters do not trap all the dust. About 2% comes to the surface, polluting the air of the apartment. For these purposes, experts have developed carbon filters "S" and "HEPA". The types of filters have differences with regards to the service life (from 1 year) and the efficiency of dust conservation in the structure.
- Filter class "S" has a particle retention rate of about 99.97%. It captures formations that are at least 0.3 microns in size. If we talk about filters "HERA", they serve to filter larger particles (from 0.6 microns) and have a degree of 99.95%.
- If the vacuum cleaner has a "HERA" filter with H-13, you can not doubt the quality of the cleaning. Lower equivalents (H-10-H-12) are not as effective. World leaders in the production of washing vacuum cleaners do not stop there; they have equipped their vacuum cleaners with a cleaning separator.
- The principle of operation is quite simple. The unit creates from the water a kind of cloud, like a fog. It, in turn, picks up the dust and filters it. Due to this, allergies can not be afraid for their own health, cleaning takes place at the level of 99.97%.
- The disadvantages of water filters include the fact that they must be washed after each cleaning. Of the advantages, we can distinguish the effect of deodorization (a special compartment for flavoring) and the humidification of the air, the absence of lumps of dust and bags for them.
Practical tips on choosing a vacuum cleaner
- Pay attention to the location of the engine. If it is located above the tanks with water, this feature allows you to achieve a minimum noise level when operating the device.
- If a large part of the dwelling is covered with carpets with a long nap, while pets live in the house, choose a unit with an engine power of 350-450 watts.
- The leading manufacturers of washing vacuum cleaners include "Electrolux", "Karcher", "Rowenta", "Thomas", "Delonghi", "LG", "Samsung", "Bosch", "Phillips".
- The value is the length of the cord of the vacuum cleaner. Choose a device with a reading of 7 meters or more. This characteristic allows you to handle a large area of the apartment, without switching from one outlet to another.
- Choose a vacuum cleaner whose cord does not roll up very quickly. Cheaper models sweep everything in their path. Also produced washing vacuum cleaners, which independently release the cord from the case.
- Prefer units with a large number of rotating roller wheels. This feature allows you to maneuver between interior items, as well as carry a vacuum cleaner without any apparent difficulties.
When choosing a vacuum cleaner, pay attention to the volume of the tank for clean water. Also check with the manager for warranty service conditions. Some manufacturers repair equipment throughout the operation completely free of charge. Choose a filtration system with a rate of 99.95-99.97%, no less. Prefer the device with nozzles for wet and dry cleaning of all types of coatings.