If you are going on a quiet hunt, it is very important to get acquainted with all the varieties of mushrooms that are present in the field of gathering. Today we will look at a most interesting specimen, called nothing less than the autumn line. Due to its toxicity, the consumption of fruit bodies in food can cause poisoning, therefore, it is necessary to take into account all the important nuances. We will help you with this, let's get started.
Features of the form
- According to some data, it is customary to believe that a variety of fruit bodies is contraindicated for consumption as food. If we consider these mushrooms with regard to taste, they are assigned to the fourth category. If you carry out pre-treatment and final thermal preparation in violation of the rules, the person risks poisoning.
- Now briefly describe the external features by which you can distinguish this representative of the family from all others. Its top is velvet in structure, the shape is irregular, in color varies from brown to brownish. It happens in the fold, smoothed or adherent to the base.
- In these instances, the leg is pigmented in the same tone as the tip. But in some cases there may be a bluish tint, as well as the presence of lint. The shape of the base is comparable with an elongated cylinder. The pulp quickly breaks down due to its fragility, so after harvesting it is advisable to handle the crop with care.
- In the fungi of this variety, the pulp does not have any smell. With regard to the nature of growth, mushrooms prefer to settle alone, but you can find large colonies. Gathering is best done from mid-summer to the end of autumn. Mushrooms are not suitable for consumption raw, they are edible conditionally.
- The discussed variety of fruit bodies is considered to be a lobate genus. Mushrooms are considered the most popular. They received the "autumn" addition due to the fact that it is necessary to engage in gathering from mid-late summer, ending in autumn (in some southern regions even late). Accordingly, these mushrooms are different from the relatives of the spring, which crawl to the surface in the spring. Also, the differences lie in the fact that the autumn representatives in the composition are much more toxic substances.
Description and growth
- The top in its format is irregular, folded, it can grow in width up to 10 cm. It is colored mostly with a brown tone. Over the course of the life cycle, the cap may give off more black. Its surface is velvety, and the structure and form resembles horns. The upper part grows to the base. In young, the tip can be painted in a dark beige tone.
- As for the legs, it is not long enough, grows to 9 cm. Maximum. It is provided that the thickness is only 1 cm. The base inside is empty, squeezes from the sides, in shade varies from gray-beige to whitish. The leg is like a cylinder, compacted at the bottom, it never fills inside.
- The soft section seems to contain cartilage, it is quite fragile and breaks easily. Usually white, but can give off in gray, in structure similar to wax. Almost no smell.
- From the name it is clear that the peak of growth begins at the end of summer and lasts the whole autumn. Mushrooms do not grow colonially, but some manage to find groups of 5-10 copies. Search necessary in deciduous or coniferous strip. Mushrooms settle on rotted wood.
- These mushrooms prefer to settle in the expanses of our homeland, as well as the countries of Europe. Fruiting begins from the end of July, but it is better to go on a quiet hunt in late August.
- Fruit bodies are more common in Eurasia and in North America. Most often, these mushrooms are found in raw pine and mixed forests. In addition, specimens grow well in the field of cutting and near the roads.
- These fruits can be found singly or grow in small groups. Most often this happens on rotting and dead trees. Also, mushrooms are found near such places. Starting in mid-summer, single specimens can already be found. Closer to the beginning of autumn begins active fruiting of the lines.
- Considered fruit bodies have enough external similarities with the Red Book and doubtful line. Such fungi are extremely rare and often live exclusively in subalpine and subarctic landscapes.
- At the same time, similar specimens have smaller sizes. Fruit bodies have brown-violet tones and fairly large spores.
- In addition, these mushrooms begin to bear fruit only from mid-autumn. Therefore, it is difficult to confuse the considered instance with such a line. Such a mushroom is poisonous and is not used for industrial purposes.
- Among the mushroom pickers there is no consensus on how toxic the fruit bodies in question can be toxic. Therefore, you can meet a huge number of opinions about whether it is worthwhile to collect autumn lines at all and take them for food.
- These fungi mycologists refer to the group of fruit bodies, which contain hemolytic dangerous poison. Such compounds lead to serious consequences of intoxication. The poison is in high concentration, especially in freshly harvested fruits.
- It is enough for a person to eat only a few fruits to face a serious poisoning. Keep in mind that during the preparation and heat treatment only a small part of toxic compounds are destroyed. Therefore, there remains a high probability of intoxication.
In the modern world, new studies have confirmed that it is better not to collect such mushrooms, and especially not to eat. For a quiet hunt, choose other fruit bodies for yourself, which you can cook and eat with peace of mind without any problems. No need to risk your own health.