During pregnancy, a woman should carefully monitor her diet, because it is the consumed foods that replenish the reserves of vitamins and trace elements in her body. A balanced, fresh and varied diet is the key to forming a healthy baby in the womb. If you are tired of ordinary soups, remember the delicious, rich and healthy pea soup. Today we will talk about the benefits and harms of peas, find out how it affects the body of a pregnant woman, and also learn how to cook healthy pea soup for a future mom.
The benefits of pea soup during pregnancy
Pea is one of the most useful and necessary legumes for the human body. The composition of peas contains a huge amount of protein, vitamins, trace elements, dietary fiber and other valuable substances. Pea soup is considered very valuable, it has always been a part of the diet diet in kindergartens and hospitals.
- The composition of the pea soup has a lot of protein, and this is a building material for the tissues of a growing baby in the womb. In addition, vegetable protein is perfectly digested, does not cause severity and pain in the stomach.
- Pea helps to reduce blood pressure levels in the body.
- Regular consumption of pea soup gradually reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- As part of a pea lot of vitamin C, which supports the immune system.
- Peas are rich in folic acid, which is necessary for the healthy formation of the fetus.
- As part of the pea a lot of potassium, it facilitates the work of the heart and fights swelling.
- Peas contain a huge amount of calcium and phosphorus, which are necessary for the health of the mother’s teeth, hair and nails. In addition, a sufficient number of these macronutrients ensures healthy growth and formation of the musculoskeletal system of the child.
- Pea reduces the level of glucose in the blood, which is very useful for diabetes.
Peas are well absorbed by the body, stimulates perilstatics of the intestines, relieves constipation that occurs quite often during pregnancy. But what is dangerous pea?
What is the harm pea during pregnancy?
The main negative feature of the pea soup is its effect on the intestines. Most people after drinking peas experience bloating, increased gas formation, flatulence. During pregnancy, this creates not only aesthetic discomfort, but also a real heaviness in the stomach. This is especially true for late pregnancy, when the growing fetus grows so that all organs move. The intestines enlarged several times create an additional load. But remember that not everyone has such a reaction of the organism - everything is individual. If, after consuming pea soup, you feel an unbearable spread in the stomach, it is better to refuse such a dish in the future. In addition, peas should be excluded from the diet for kidney disease, increased blood clotting, acute inflammation in the intestine.
How to cook healthy pea soup?
To prepare a delicious and healthy first course, we need meat, peas, onions, carrots, potatoes.
- Peas need to soak for a half to two hours to cook it was easier. Crushed peas boil faster, it is sometimes not soaked. However, remember that soaking and thorough washing of peas can protect a woman from excessive swelling.
- After the peas are soddened, it must be washed, filled with fresh water and boiled on medium heat for about an hour.
- Next in the peas you need to add a piece of fatty meat on the bone, finely chopped onions and grated carrots on a coarse grater.
- Next, the soup must be salted, pepper and leave to cook for another 2-3 hours until the meat is completely cooked.
- An hour before readiness, potatoes are added to the soup if desired.
- Smoked meat can be added to the soup, this is done half an hour before the readiness, but if the first dish is for a pregnant woman, it is better not to use it.
- Boil pea soup need a long time, it will take 3-4 hours. However, at the exit you get a rich, tasty and thick soup that will be a wonderful first course meal.
Usually pea soup is served with crackers and herbs - parsley or onion. But it is best to serve pea soup with dill - it has a carminative effect and will relieve from gas formation.
Pea is one of the most ancient leguminous crops that our ancestors knew about. Even in the tombs of Pharaoh, dried pea pods were found. Eat pea soup during pregnancy, it will help you gain strength and enjoy the rich aroma of a delicious dish.