Pea has a wide history, it was first bred in the 15th century. Initially, the culture was intended to treat commoners. Later, a bean-based stew fell in love with the nobles and gradually began to scatter around the world. Even the sophisticated gourmets of France can not ignore the dishes based on peas. On this basis, many people are interested in the benefits and harms of culture. Let's talk about everything in more detail.
Among the valuable substances that are in peas, you can select the elements indispensable for the human body. They must come with food or as supplements.
Pea culture is rich in magnesium, potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, copper. Of the vitamins, it is worth mentioning riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic and nicotinic acids, other B-group vitamins, retinol, tocopherol. The product has a lot of iodine, choline, amino acids.
Calories 100 grams. is about 299 Kcal. Peas do not belong to low- or high-calorie foods, it can be placed in the "middle" category. Caloric content of green grain varies between 70-75 Kcal. 100 gr., it all depends on the maturity of the culture.
The benefits of peas
In addition to the indisputable benefit of chemical components of the culture has a lot of other valuable qualities.
- Green peas should be taken as food for people who are faced with edema of the tissues of internal organs and limbs. The product normalizes the work of the kidneys, removes fluid and salts from the body.
- Peas of any type refers to products that perfectly prevent the development of cancer diseases. If you already have cancer, the culture will block the access of blood to its cells and reduce the tumor.
- It is useful to eat sprouted peas. It is responsible for balancing cholesterol, removing harmful substances from the body. Hence, there is an improvement in the work of the heart muscle and the vascular system.
- Iodine treats diseases of the endocrine system and, in particular, the thyroid gland. Iron eliminates the development of possible anemia. Peas are necessary for pregnant women to eliminate congenital anemia in a child.
- Culture is good to eat during the menstrual cycle. When menstruation a woman loses a lot of iron, it is necessary for blood formation. Peas fill the deficit and raises hemoglobin to the desired level.
- Pea culture restores visual acuity, relieves fatigue from the eyes, lubricates the apple. The product is introduced into the diet to prevent cataracts and treat its symptoms.
- The benefits are germinated peas, which must be taken in case of chronic intestinal obstruction. The composition gently cleanses the digestive system, gently envelops the walls of the stomach, fights duodenal ulcer.
- The antioxidant (cleansing) properties of peas help maintain the beauty of the skin and cleanse it. With the help of peas, psoriasis, eczema, acne and other similar diseases are treated.
- Green or boiled peas are good for eating with heartburn. The product relieves spasms, normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Most often, pregnant girls suffer from the problem.
The benefits of peas for women
- The product has a lot of calcium, which is required for beautiful ladies to maintain the proper condition of hair, nails and skin. Also, an element is necessary for pregnant girls to form a baby’s skeleton.
- Incoming iron replenishes hemoglobin, which drops to a critical point during the menstrual cycle.
- Folic acid is a naturally feminine vitamin. It slows down the premature aging of tissues, is responsible for cellular regeneration, improves the activity of the female genital organs.
- Eating peas in food will prevent potential skin diseases and eliminate many dermatological problems. And the green peas gruel will clean the pores.
The benefits of peas for men
- The main advantage of culture for men is the help in gaining muscle mass and the rapid recovery of the body after training. In peas a lot of protein, which is necessary for the elasticity of the fibers.
- The value for the male half of the population lies in the ability to prevent many diseases associated with the sexual and excretory systems.
- Peas have a positive effect on potency, enhances sexual activity. The accumulation of folic acid improves the number of sperm cells and their main function.
The benefits of peas for children
- Culture increases appetite. This quality is useful for children who often refuse food and require sweets.
- Peas are rich in calcium and protein, the elements are responsible for the condition of the teeth and bones. The product reduces the likelihood of caries formation, eliminates bad breath.
- Peas have a positive effect on the digestive system of the child, regulates the activity of the heart muscle, and participates in blood formation. Culture enhances physical endurance.
- The composition directly affects mental activity. The product should be included in the diet of children of school, preschool, student age. This increases the concentration of attention, improves vision and memory.
The benefits of peas for pregnant women
- Peas are not recommended for use during lactation, but there are no restrictions during pregnancy. Culture concentrates many amino acids that a woman needs.
- A pregnant woman often faces constipation, toxicosis, insomnia. These unpleasant problems can be solved if you eat peas regularly and in doses.
- A huge accumulation of calcium forms the skeleton of the unborn child. Folic acid is responsible for the psyche, calming a woman during nervous breaks.
Harm and benefits of pea in diseases
- Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes has several types. In the second case, the use of peas is allowed and even recommended by experts. When taking the product gently reduces the level of glucose in the blood. Diabetics know that sudden jumps or decline in sugar can lead to dire consequences. Peas are slowly digested by the body, due to which it is beneficial for such a disease. Along with this composition reduces the level of bad cholesterol, providing benefits for blood vessels.
- Gastritis. Note that the use of peas in the diagnosis of such a disease is completely contraindicated. There are still exceptions. The product is forbidden to eat only in the acute form of the disease. In the absence of exacerbation, it is allowed to take peas in small quantities.
- Pancreatitis. Food for pancreatitis is limited. It all depends on the form of the disease. It is forbidden to take porridge or soup with such a product. The exception concerns sprouted peas, in which case it is good for the body. Bean culture is allowed to use only fresh.
Rules for eating peas
- In cooking, use peas in different quantities and variations. Take the habit of eating pea soup or porridge in the morning. Bean culture goes well with other products, do not forget about it.
- Dishes and bean and pea salads are considered excellent protein shakes for the body. You can also add at least useful lentils. It is similar to peas on the principles of cooking.
- Use the product in different variations. Canned and pea peas can immediately be used as intended. There is a special type of legumes. "Mash peas" is widely used in Eastern cuisine for the preparation of delicious dishes.
- The undoubted advantage of canned and germinated peas is that the product can safely be consumed in the evening and at night. Bean culture in no way harm the figure.
Pea consumption rates
- It is difficult to say with certainty what the norm of peas is permissible to consume per day. This view is formed because few people eat a product daily. Also the variety of forms of peas and its application in the culinary world is very extensive.
- Green, canned, fresh peas are allowed to consume up to 200 grams. per day. As for the boiled product in the form of porridge, experts recommend to use once about 100 grams. per day (1 serving).
- Peas are classified as useful products. Despite this, the legume culture is quite capable of harming the body. Keep in mind that eating the composition in its raw form in large quantities can adversely affect digestion.
- Overeating of raw peas disrupts the activity of the digestive system, along with it affects the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
- Almost everyone knows that the product increases gas formation. No matter in what form you use peas, follow the recommended rate. Otherwise, you will encounter a series of troubles.
- The process of gas formation occurs due to the high content of coarse fibers and sugars in the peas. Remember that the use of the product should be limited to people in age, patients with gout and girls during lactation.
- The problem is that the legume has a high concentration of purines. Enzymes increase the concentration of uric acid in the body, which has a detrimental effect on the tendons, joints and kidneys.
With proper use and compliance with all recommendations, peas can provide the body with impressive support and benefits. Do not abuse the product in order to avoid unpleasant consequences. Consider the possible harm and contraindications.