The period of breastfeeding a baby is an important process in the life of a woman, requiring a review of lifestyle, as well as the diet. Often it is necessary to refuse food, which did not bear particular benefit, but gave a lot of pleasure, from traditional daily rituals that positively affect the psycho-emotional state, but affecting the general state of the body is not always positive. Coffee is banned for future mothers, but everyone remembers that there is a good alternative in the form of chicory that can deceive consciousness. For a long period of time, and sometimes this period can reach three years, this is a salutary solution for conscious women.
Why is it important to exclude coffee
The first emotions associated with the emergence of a new life are replaced by an incredible force, the desire to protect and care for the child. The first and most important thing at this stage is to provide full, 100% natural feeding, and only mother can do this. Breast milk is unique in its composition, and has everything necessary for the full development of the newborn. The taste, composition and even smell of milk depends on what a nursing woman eats. It follows a detailed analysis of the product before saturating your body with it.
Connoisseurs of morning coffee ritual, awakening and invigorating, will have to give up the usual pleasure. This limitation has a very reasonable explanation. Getting in small quantities with mother's milk in the infant's body, coffee invigorates an immature body and adversely affects the infant's nervous system. In addition, the child becomes restless, capricious, he refuses to comply with the sleep regime, which is so important and useful for the crumbs. Mom also loses her well-deserved rest minutes.
Chicory - what is it?
Chicory - this plant is quite common, and, for sure, everyone met him on the sides of roads, playgrounds, in park areas. Many are fighting with him on the private plots, taking over the weed. It has long stems and small blue flowers along the entire length. Few people know that it is a sowing culture and all its components have useful properties, as well as are used in traditional and traditional medicine, and even in cooking of the peoples of the world.
Medicinal characteristics of the plant
- Has choleretic properties.
- Relieves inflammation of internal organs.
- Normalizes blood glucose levels.
- Expels parasites from the body.
- Destroys and dissolves gallstones.
- Improves the digestive system. Causes appetite.
- Eliminates heartburn.
- Has antipyretic effect.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system.
It is worth adding to the above listed wound-healing properties, regenerating and antimicrobial. Thanks to probiotics in the composition, chicory contributes to the establishment of metabolic processes in the body and digestion in general. Inulin, and it contains up to 50% in the structure of the plant, is well tolerated by insulin-dependent people. The composition is also rich in binders and vitamin composition, fructose, pectins and resins. It is important to remember that for treatment purposes, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The valuable composition of chicory root
- Vitamins: A, C, B1, B2, B3, E, PP.
- Organic acids.
- Resinous substances.
- Micro- and macronutrients (potassium, iron ...).
- Binding agents.
Chicory as a drink with HB
To obtain a drink, the root is removed from the soil, cleaned, crushed and roasted. The color of the drink is similar to coffee. It can be independent or flavoring to the usual, invigorating drink.
Taking the habit of drinking chicory with milk, cream, you can achieve a beneficial effect, incomparable to coffee. Also obtained from the plant composition is safe. Recycled root is recommended for use by older people and children with high blood pressure and digestive system disorders. For adherents of a healthy diet, this is a long-evaluated drink.
For women in the period of lactation, a drink from the root has no direct prohibitions to use, but it must be a natural product without additives, dyes and aromatic fragrances.
Scientific studies confirming the benefit or harm to nursing mothers, has not been conducted, but there is a rich centuries-old experience of people. It is also necessary to pay attention to the condition of the child, since the ascorbic acid present in the composition can not only eliminate toxins, but also provoke an allergic reaction in the infant.
There is no dosage for the use of chicory, but it is better not to abuse them. To enjoy a drink, two cups a day is enough. It is important to remember that everything is fine when in moderation.
What is the benefit of a drink from the root for a nursing mother?
The beneficial effect of drinking is indisputable. All the power of influence on the body is first felt by the nursing woman, and only after a while the baby.
- The first result, which does not take long, is the restoration of the digestive process. Strong diuretic properties of the drink contribute to the removal of excess water from the body, therefore, prevent the formation of edema. The ability to improve the appetite has a positive effect on the quality and quantity of milk, and this is something that usually worries young mothers.
- Chicory can rightly be called a drink of beauty. Given that women do not have time for themselves in the first months, this fact is hard not to appreciate. The root has a beneficial effect on the skin, has regenerating properties, restores collagen fibers. It is the latter that give a luxurious shine to hair, strengthen nails, restore skin, relieve stretch marks on the chest and abdomen.
- The drink is endowed with strong cleansing properties, it is capable of removing toxins and harmful cholesterol from the body, as well as increasing the level of hemoglobin. Able to strengthen the immune system, depleted by gestation and childbirth.
- Under the action of the drink, a fastening effect is achieved in case of disorder, and it also stops the bleeding.
- A positive effect on the work of the heart muscle and blood vessels.
Important! When you first meet with this drink, do not abuse it. The dosage is increased only with full confidence that there is no individual immunity.
Who should give up the drink:
- People with vascular diseases (thrombophlebitis, varicose veins) are not recommended to use chicory.
- Hemorrhoids - the problem of many women who gave birth.
- Sick with bronchitis, asthma, allergic cough.
How to use chicory
Before drinking, it is recommended to consult with your doctor, and it is also important to monitor the condition of the baby more carefully. When a baby has skin rashes or disorders in the digestive system, it is recommended to stop taking the drink from the root and try again in 2-3 months.
It is necessary to begin reception with a half of a teaspoon a day not to cause an allergic reaction in the baby. Gradually, the dose can be brought to the required, but not exceeding 2 teaspoons per day, since it must be remembered that this is to some extent a medicinal substance.
Fact! Eating chicory with milk or cream several times a week is impossible to harm the body.
Zicorin in the composition of the root gives a pleasant bitter taste, reminiscent of the taste of coffee. This allows women to avoid stress, giving up the usual product in the diet (coffee). Dissatisfaction and stress are not desirable for a nursing woman. After all, the child feels the mood of the closest person. It is important not to forget to get acquainted with the composition on the packaging to avoid buying an unclean product, and a drink with the inclusion of chicory. Homemade chicory can be an ideal option.
It must be remembered that the exclusion of coffee from the usual diet - this is a temporary measure for the benefit of their own child, it will allow you to more easily endure the pleasure. Chicory can be a useful addition, such as in New Orleans and Louisiana, where people cannot imagine their day without a cup of coffee with chicory. Also, this drink will control the weight and will speed up the recovery process after childbirth.