Figs are a fairly popular sweet that has many adherents. It is also called fig, the fruits are quite tasty and sugary. Partly for this reason, people with identified diabetes are wondering about the possibility or impossibility of consuming figs in a diagnosed disease. It is interesting that we are talking not only about fresh fruits, but also dried fig. In the second type, the amount of sugar rolls over due to evaporation of moisture. Let's talk about everything in order.
The benefits of figs
- It assumes the main functions to improve blood circulation and its composition. Raises hemoglobin, eliminates intracranial and blood pressure.
- Improves the activity of the liver, spleen, kidneys. However, if diabetes is accompanied by diseases of the listed internal organs, it is worth consulting with a focused specialist before consuming the fig.
- Indicated for use with varicose veins, thrombophlebitis and other problems of this kind. It prevents atherosclerosis by cleansing the blood channels from cholesterol plaques.
- Cleans tissues and internal organs from toxic substances, decomposition products, other harmful compounds. With their presence, the diabetic will suffer from obesity and slow metabolism problems.
- On the figs prepare a variety of decoctions and tinctures, helping to fight colds, laryngitis, pneumonia, bronchitis. Drink cleans the respiratory tract from mucus.
- Figs play the role of a natural laxative. Systematic consumption of fruits will eliminate the difficulties in the work of the esophagus. Figs eat with constipation, slagging, problems with the intestines and stomach.
- The presented product increases the metabolism, so the patient with diabetes reduces the likelihood of becoming obese or gaining more than the prescribed body weight.
Dried figs for diabetes
- In the process of heat treatment, all the moisture from the figs is evaporated, respectively, the amount of sugar is increased. If in the fresh fruits of glucose about 20%, then in dried it is 60%.
- At the same time, the caloric content increases, in a 0.1 kg portion. concentrated around 224 Kcal. Such a product is contraindicated for diabetics due to the high nutritional value and sugar content.
- Since fresh fruits are famous for lowering blood sugar levels, after drying, this property is completely lost. After ingestion of such a dried fruit immediately leads to glucose jumps and the deterioration of the course of the disease.
- It should be understood that when used, you not only do not improve the body, but also bring him significant harm. When composing food, it is important to exclude all foods with a high glycemic index and caloric content.
- If you still want sweet, once a month, you can pamper yourself with dried figs in an amount of not more than 10 grams. It does not cause much harm if all diabetes drugs are taken on time. But beware.
Fresh figs with diabetes
- A ripe fig tree has a mass of about 75-85 grams. while the fruit contains one bread unit. Therefore, people who suffer from diabetes need to take into account such indicators when consuming the product.
- If you have a disease that proceeds in a light or medium form, it is worth considering that figs are allowed to be consumed strictly in limited quantities. It is also worth noting that the fruit must be exceptionally fresh. In fig there is a high concentration of glucose.
- Due to the abundance of active substances in fig, enzymes help to reduce high blood sugar. You should also know that the glycemic index of figs is relatively low. Its indicators are about 35 units. However, you should not abuse the fruits.
- The undoubted advantage of the fruit is also the fact that they contain a large amount of pectin. Such a substance is useful in diabetes. Cellulose in this form removes all harmful compounds from the body, including bad cholesterol. Such processes also have a positive effect on the general condition of the patient.
- Sugar, which is present in fresh figs, supports a normal amount of potassium in the body. Consider, the fruit is strictly contraindicated for people who suffer from severe diabetes. Also in the product contains the enzyme in the form fitsina. This substance contributes to the dilution of blood.
- This feature is not at all necessary for a person who suffers from severe diabetes. Most often, with this disease, patients develop ulcers and various wounds. Such damage is very poorly healed. Therefore, figs from the diet will have to be excluded.
- Among the contraindications should also highlight the presence of gout and pathology associated with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Peptic ulcer and increased acidity of the stomach are also contraindications. Do not exclude the possibility of allergies.
Selection and use of figs
- It is extremely difficult to find figs that will be juicy and moderately sweet. Usually fruits are supplied to the shelves to taste "none", watery. When choosing, pay attention to the density, high-quality fig weighty. When pressed, it does not deform, returning to its former state.
- If we talk about taste, figs can be sweet, honey or sweet-sour. The first type includes fruits of large size, the second - small specimens. Reception of figs is carried out on an empty stomach.
- Before use, rinse with cool water. You can eat figs completely, with the exception of the "legs" at the base. They throw her out.
Figs are allowed to be consumed at the present illness, but only in a fresh form. When you receive dried fruit, you run the risk of a surge in blood glucose. Therefore, do not once again tempt fate. Enjoy figs in the season of its fruiting. Before introducing a new product into the diet, make sure that you do not have contraindications.