Today, many interrupted sexual intercourse is used as a method of contraception. It is for this reason that they are primarily concerned about the question, how many days after menstruation can you get pregnant? The same applies to couples who do not protect themselves at all and dream of a child - to know exactly what period of a month a pregnancy can occur, it is necessary for them, since these days it is most important to be sexually active. Consider this question in detail.
On what day after the menstruation can you conceive a baby?
Immediately it should be noted that pregnancy can occur only during ovulation - it falls in the middle of the cycle (although it all depends on the individual characteristics of the female body).
For the first time a couple of days after the period ended, it is almost impossible to get pregnant - this is due to the fact that the internal environment of the uterus, as well as the vagina, is very unfavorable for spermatozoa.
Find out exactly what days you can get pregnant, you can only if a woman has a stable menstrual cycle. Consider what can be done to know exactly when the dangerous and safe days come:
- We get a calendar, where we will mark all the data on the monthly. Beginning, end, symptoms. It is important to bear in mind that if the difference between the longest and shortest cycles is more than 6 days, then the calculations will not be effective, and it will not work out when ovulation occurs using the calendar method.
- So, further we need to take the shortest and also the longest cycle. In the first you will need to take 18 days, and in the second - 11. These days will be the beginning and the end of the ovulation period for you.
- After this period, the probability that you may become pregnant becomes lower and lower. Experts have long found that the safest days are before menstruation and after - about 2 days, although again, everything depends on the characteristics of the female body.
Important! The shorter your cycle, the fewer days it will be when a pregnancy is excluded. For example: the first day of the cycle is the beginning of the month, the first day. If a woman has the shortest cycle lasts for 23 days, and the longest - 27, then on day 5 it is already possible to mark the beginning of ovulation. But with long periods, a favorable day for conception may coincide with the last days, while continuing until the 16th.
It is very important to remember that the calendar method of contraception can not be one hundred percent! The cycle can be changed, which means that the date of ovulation can also shift. The same applies to the universal calculation plate, when you can have sex without fear of getting pregnant - every woman has her own cycle, its duration varies, so you need to calculate everything yourself. It is noteworthy that at the moment there are special calendars, where you can record data about your periods, they also show favorable days for conception, but they do not give an absolute guarantee.
What is the chance to get pregnant before or after menstruation?
Despite the fact that the probability is very low, it still remains. The first two days can be considered safe, but only taking into account the fact that the cycle remains stable and no errors were made in the calculations.
As for the days after the menstruation has passed, practically any woman can become pregnant at this time. The exceptions are those who have a long cycle, but at the same time menstruation does not last long, the period when you can get pregnant begins a little later.
So, consider which phases in a healthy woman normally consist of the menstrual cycle:
- Follicular The first half of the cycle, precisely at this time, thanks to FSH (the so-called special hormone), the dominant follicle begins to ripen in one of the ovaries, later an egg ready for fertilization by the sperm will come out of it.
- Ovulation. During this period, LH begins to be produced - also a hormone, but under its influence, an already mature egg moves into the abdominal cavity.
- Luteal phase. Progesterone begins to be produced - the body is preparing for the likely occurrence of pregnancy. In the body, suitable conditions are created so that the fertilized egg can be successfully implanted and developed.
Every month all these phases are repeated, and as we can note, a certain hormone is responsible for each phase. The first and third phase lasts 13-14, but ovulation does not last long - about 2-3 days.
A woman can become pregnant only during the period of ovulation - therefore, only a few days a month. The ovum goes to meet the sperm and if all goes well, then it fertilizes. Further, if the circumstances and health of the woman allow, the fertilized egg gradually go into the uterus. Pregnancy occurs as soon as the fertilized egg is attached to the mucous membrane.
Could there be a deviation from the norm?
If a woman is completely healthy, then she ovulates every month. Normally, the cycle lasts from 20 to 35 days, it depends on its duration, on which day favorable days will fall for being able to become pregnant.
Nevertheless, it is impossible not to note the fact that sometimes even healthy women can lose their menstrual cycle, and for several reasons:
- hormonal imbalance;
- STI - infections that are sexually transmitted;
- postponed abortions;
- the presence of common chronic or acute diseases;
- changing of the climate;
- postponed stressful situations.
Are there any symptoms during ovulation?
Not always, but some women experience rather unpleasant symptoms with the onset of ovulation. As a rule, it is cutting or pulling pain - and it falls on the ovary where the egg cell has matured. Experts say that this moment is directly related to the fact that damage occurs to the mucous membrane, as well as its surface. As a rule, the discomfort is short-term - not more than a day, but it also happens that a woman experiences tangible discomfort. If the problem continues from cycle to cycle, then a gynecologist’s consultation will be required, which may well indicate some diseases.
How else can you understand that ovulation has occurred?
We have considered the easiest and most convenient way to determine ovulation, but it is not accurate, that is, a woman who does not want children, pregnancy may still occur. The same applies to the fair sex, who dream of having a baby, for it is just as important for them to calculate the moment, the probability of pregnancy is highest. So, consider a few more techniques that will help determine the occurrence of favorable days.
A common method is to measure basal temperature. That is, it is necessary to measure the temperature in the rectal area, while it is necessary to use an ordinary mercury thermometer. This should be done immediately after waking up. In the first half, the temperature is usually 37 degrees. The closer to the onset of ovulation, the higher the temperature will be. Before ovulation, it drops slightly, then there will be a jump of 0.5 degrees at once, which means that the egg cell is out and ready for fertilization.
Ovulation test is the most accurate and convenient. In the pharmacy, you can easily purchase special tests that determine the output of the corpus luteum according to the concentration of hormones in the urine - check with them whether the onset of ovulation was very simple, and the result will be reliable. The only negative - the tests are quite expensive.