Owners of thin hair daily face problems with regards to basic care. It is important to understand that the thickness of the hair is caused by a genetic factor. For this reason, it is unlikely that it will be possible to make the hair denser, but to give each lady a visual volume. Due to the peculiarities of the hair, it is necessary to follow practical recommendations on styling, washing and drying hair. Experts recommend minimizing the use of thermal devices. Let's talk about everything in order.
Washing thin hair
- It is important to remember forever that thin hair is washed exclusively with filtered water. Even if tap water seems soft to you, eliminate its use. To prepare the water for rinsing, you can collect it from the well, purchase an already purified mineral water, or let the tap fluid flow through the filter. In cases when the listed opportunities are absent, boil running water beforehand and use it for its intended purpose.
- From eminent stylists can hear the recommendation regarding rinsing fine hair with carbonated mineral water. According to numerous reviews of women, this composition makes the hair visually more voluminous and softer. To prepare the rinse solution, purchase calcium tablets at a pharmacy. Add 1 pc. on 2 l. mineral water.
- Some girls prefer to rinse their hair after washing with an acidified solution. For these purposes, it is necessary to dilute 60 ml. 2.5 liters of vinegar warm water (preferably boiled), then proceed to the procedure. An alternative to vinegar is lemon juice, 1 liter. water is the filtered liquid of one citrus fruit.
- Choose shampoo marked "for fine hair", it does not contain parabens and silicone. Professional masters are not advised to use the balm after washing the head, because it weights the already fragile curls. Replace the balm with a spray-conditioner of the same series as the shampoo. Spray the entire length of your hair wet or towel-dried.
- After using the shampoo, rinse the curls with a decoction based on medicinal plants. To do this, you must purchase a yarrow, plantain, thyme, sage, geranium, lemon balm or chamomile at the pharmacy, and then brew 50 grams. herbs in 3 liters. boiling water. Do not forget to strain the composition after 30 minutes of infusion. Rinsing is performed after each hair wash.
Styling and combing thin hair
- For combing hair, you must use only those hairdressing tools that are made on a natural basis. These include a soft bristle massage brush, a scallop with wide or small turtle shell teeth, wooden fixtures.
- Experts strongly advise against the use of plastic combs and massage combs, as they contribute to electrification. As a result, the hair becomes brittle, dry with chipped tips. The same applies to combing with iron tools, they are forbidden for you.
- In the process of laying, use wax, mousse or foam, gel, lacquer for fixation. Give preference to products based on medicinal decoctions, they are more benign. Thanks to the listed stylers, the hair becomes visually thicker. Buy a tool with a high or medium degree of fixation, so as not to exert stress on the follicles.
- Before going to bed without fail, wash off the remnants of styling products, otherwise they will not allow the hair to breathe. Do not go to bed with a wet head, dry it with a towel and leave it under natural conditions. If you can not wash your hair, use dry shampoos based on potato starch or baby talc.
- Owners of fine hair are encouraged to permanently abandon the use of devices operating at high temperatures. These units include straightening iron, heated hair curlers, curling iron, hair dryer. If your hairstyle involves daily styling, pre-cover your hair with a spray with thermal protection.
- Try to dry your hair at the minimum temperature, for this the device has a button "snowflake". The same applies to the use of pleyok and ironing, carry out laying at low revs. Yes, you will need more time, but this way your hair will be better preserved.
- Take it up before bedtime to do a head massage. To do this, buy a pharmacy colorless liquid - nicotinic acid. Using a pipette, treat the scalp with it, then rub the composition for a quarter of an hour. Nicotinic acid strengthens the bulbs, promotes accelerated growth, does not require rinsing.
- To keep your hair from tangling and always remain strong, use professional series shampoos. After shampooing, spray the strands with a serum that facilitates combing. Before laying, dry the root area, then proceed to processing the remaining length.
- If you have thin and sparse hair, a correct haircut will correct the situation. However, do not give preference to short hairstyles, they visually remove the volume. The same applies to long straight hair, creating the effect of "licking."
- Stylists advise girls with thin hair to choose haircuts "cascade", "elongated square", "bob-square", "ladder", "page". The main thing is that the hairstyle suggests the presence of "feathers" at the cheeks and chin, such a move to make the hair thicker. To add 30% to the volume, ask the hairdresser to make a "torn" haircut.
- The best option for girls with thin hair is considered perm. Thanks to curls, hair appears dense and thick, which cannot be achieved by styling with an iron. The same effect is achieved after winding the strands on curlers, curling iron, tongs, but the result is short-term (1-2 days).
- Visit the beauty salon at least 1 time in 1.5 months. Ask the wizard to perform a full-length haircut in order to shear the split hair. Some hairdressers may refuse, because they consider it impossible to remove brittle ends from the entire surface of the hair. Refuse the services of such "professionals", find another salon. If possible, cut with hot scissors, in which case you will cut your hair no more than 1 time in 3 months.
Fine hair coloring
- No matter how strange it may sound, but dyed hair seems more luxuriant than natural. This effect is achieved due to the fact that the pigment eats into the core and thickens it. As a result, the hairs are not so tight to each other, creating a visual volume.
- Popular manufacturers produce paint for thin hair, devoid of volume. As a rule, such compounds contain biotin and keratin, which envelop every hair and create density.
- Avoid uniform staining, as a result of which the pigment is evenly distributed. In this case, consider the light and blond shades, dark hair seems more "liquid".
- As a technology of staining, give preference to ombra, ballad, brondirovanie, highlighting and coloring. These techniques involve the use of two or more pigments, so the hairstyle looks fluffy and stylish.
- If you do not want to spoil your hair with ammonia (persistent) dyes, get tinted shampoos and balms. Experienced housewives widely use henna - a natural dye with a healing effect.
Lamination thin hair
Lamination makes the hair smooth and shiny, thickens their structure and has a healing effect. Consider step by step instructions for the procedure.
- To begin with, wash your hair with shampoo, do not use balm or spray conditioner. Rinse the curls with an infusion based on a medicinal plant (chamomile, sage, ginseng, lemon balm, etc.), rinse with water.
- If you are using tinted shampoos, wash their heads at this stage. Otherwise, it is recommended to skip this step, and then proceed to the following actions. Wrap your head with a towel, start cooking a laminating compound.
- You will need 85 grams. food gelatin, which is sold in the grocery department of supermarkets. Take a ceramic or glass dish, pour water into it with a temperature of 60 degrees. Dissolve the gelatin in portions of one teaspoon, simultaneously stir.
- When you put all the gelatin in the water, mix the mixture with a fork, cover the container with food film, wait 40 minutes. During this period, the mass will turn into a jelly, you need to move the bowl in the microwave, after removing the polyethylene. Set the timer for a quarter of a minute, wait for it to turn off, mix.
- Repeat the action 3 times, the gelatin should melt (the mass will become turbid and liquid). Next, cook 125 gr. Regular balm or therapeutic hair mask, pour in a thin stream in gelatin. Stir the mixture until cloudy, in the end the bottom of the bowl should not be viewed.
- Rinse the hair with chamomile decoction, squeeze out the water, spread the composition in a thick layer over this surface of the hair. Ensure that all strands are evenly lubricated. At the end of the application, wrap the curls with foil or cling film, put on the shower cap.
- Wrap your head with a towel, turn on the hair dryer and heat your hair for 10 minutes. After that, wait another 1 hour, reheat the shock again (about 10 minutes). Next, leave the mixture for another 1 hour, begin to wash off the gelatin with boiled water. Do not use shampoo or other cleansers.
Masks for fine hair
- Cognac. Connect 55 ml. Cognac with 60 ml. corn oil, add 70 gr. honey Stir the mass, distribute through the hair, wash off after half an hour.
- Sea salt. Dilute 45 gr. shallow sea salt in 100 ml. brandy or vodka, add 80 gr. thick honey Stir the mixture until uniform, make a mask, leave for 15 minutes.
- Vodka. Brew 40 gr. birch bark or leaves in 200 ml. boiling water, let it brew for 5 hours. Next, strain, mix with 125 ml. vodka, pour into a bottle with a spray. Spray the product, rinse off after 25 minutes.
- Chilli. Mix 5 gr. ground chilli with 25 gr. vegetable and 30 gr. burdock oil, add 3 chicken yolks. Beat the mixture with a mixer, make a mask, hold it for 20 minutes.
It is difficult to care for thin hair, if you do not know all the possible nuances. Follow practical advice on shampooing, combing and styling hair. Do lamination 1 time per month, do not be lazy to prepare masks.