Fir is a green conifer tree, which sometimes resembles a simple Russian fir. However, fir has many differences. One of which is fir oil, made from young needles, shoots and twigs of a tree. It is very useful for the human body. Fir oil is used for medicinal purposes, and not only inside. Bath oils are prepared from the oil, inhalations, lotions, compresses are made. Fir oil is actively used in cosmetology - to restore hair, skin, nails. Today we will talk about fir oil - its useful and healing properties, methods of using raw materials and contraindications.
Medicinal properties of fir oil
Fir oil can be bought in finished form or you can make it yourself from needles and young branches of a tree. Whatever the production of your oil, you need to remember that it loses its useful properties within a year. The most useful substance in the composition of fir oil is bornelate acetate ester of acetic acid and borneol. To maximize the concentration of this substance, oil needles are trying to collect in the late fall and early winter. This oil is considered the most concentrated and useful. But most of the oil can be collected in early spring, although this oil is not so saturated.
In addition to borel acetate in the composition of fir oil there are tannins, carotene, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, alpha- and betapinene, phytoncides, flavonoids and many other useful components. How does this rich composition affect the body?
- Bactericidal property. A large number of volatile production creates a powerful antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial action. The oil is used for various inflammations in the oral cavity - with stomatitis and gingivitis, sore throat, tonsillitis and similar mucosal lesions, you need to dissolve a spoonful of oil in a glass of warm water and rinse the mouth or throat with the prepared composition. The oil is used for various dermatological lesions - make lotions, compresses, just lubricate the damaged skin with oil. Pure disinfected oil is used in ophthalmology for conjunctivitis and blepharitis. If you put a cotton wool dipped in fir oil to the aching tooth, the pain will subside.
- Against the fungus. The oil has a pronounced antimycotic action. This means that the oil is effective in combating fungal infections of the fingers, nails, and scalp. Hair masks with fir oil not only improve the structure of the hair shaft, but also effectively combat seborrhea. If you treat the affected nails constantly, until the healthy nail plate grows, then you can get rid of the fungus forever.
- Softens the skin. Another powerful effect of fir oil - it perfectly softens the horny skin. It is used in the fight with corns, calluses, blisters. If you mix the oil with the juice of celandine in equal parts, you can get an effective, but at the same time delicate and soft remedy for warts.
- Inhalation. In fir oil there are a lot of phytoncides that emit aroma pairs that can suppress bacteria and viruses. The famous balm "Star" is made on the basis of fir oil. If you suffer from a cold, just lubricate the wings of the nose with oil. In the nose you can drip the dissolved extract of fir. With bronchitis it is very useful to do inhalation. Oil can be added to the fluid nebulizer. The oil dissolves into the smallest particles, goes directly into the cavity of the trachea and lungs, quickly relieves inflammation, dilutes the sputum and brings it out. Instead of an inhalation nebulizer, you can do the old-fashioned way - inhale vapors from a basin of hot water. After the procedure before bed, be sure to grease the chest and back with oil. It gives a warming and expectorant effect. And the smell of fir will allow you to sleep without a stuffy nose all night. If you drip the purified oil in the nose, it will help get rid of sinusitis.
- Antiviral effect. Since the oil fights off a virus well, it is used in the fight against herpes. If you feel tingling on your lips or annoying bubbles have already shown themselves in all their glory, apply oil with a point with a cotton swab. If you treat the wound every 2-3 hours, there will be no trace of herpes in a couple of days.
- For joints, bones and ligaments. Fir oil is actively used in the fight against sprains, fractures, arthrosis. Oil relieves, reduces inflammation, improves blood circulation and lymphatic fluid. To feed cartilage tissue with arthrosis, you need to drink a teaspoon of purified fir oil every morning on an empty stomach. External treatment is local treatment - you need to rub the painful areas with oil, do a light massage for half an hour, and then wrap with film and warm for the night. If you have hurt knee or elbow joints, you need to do trays with fir oil. Fir oil - one of the best finds for the health of the musculoskeletal system.
- Bath with fir oil. This is a very powerful relaxing procedure that pulls out all the toxins from the skin. Type in the bath water, add two bottles of fir oil and dissolve a kilogram of salt. Take a bath for at least an hour. Such aromatherapy will allow you to relax even after a long and busy day. The bath is also effective for colds - the nose opens immediately, it becomes much easier to breathe.
- Smell. Fir has a rather sharp smell, so it can be used to relieve asthma attacks, to bring a person to life with loss of consciousness. This is a great alternative to liquid alcohol.
Fir oil is used in everyday life. Its most common use is dusting. Dissolve a teaspoon of oil in a glass of water and rinse a cloth to wipe off the dust in this solution. Wipe the dust off the surface of the furniture and it will not be there for a long time because the oil components create an antistatic effect and repel micro dust particles.
Fir oil in cosmetology
Fir oil is actively used on the aesthetic front. Most often, the oil is necessary for the treatment of hair. It has a lot of synthetic camphor, so the oil perfectly warms the skin, increases blood circulation. This property is used in the fight against hair loss - hair bulbs are saturated with vitamins and oxygen, fixed in their holes. Oil is effectively used in the fight against dried, brittle and painful strands.
Fir oil perfectly softens the skin, it is used to moisturize the skin of the hands and face. If you apply oil abundantly on the heels and wrap it with a film, after a few hours your feet will become soft and very tender. Fir oil is actively struggling with problem skin - eliminates acne, inflammation, black spots. The oil is perfectly absorbed, it normalizes the production of sebum and can be used in the fight against the increased fat content of the skin. You can add a little oil in the usual care product - lotion, tonic or cream. This will allow you to apply it on the skin constantly. If you add a little fir oil to the makeup remover, you can not only quickly and effectively get rid of decorative cosmetics, but also remove irritation and soften the skin.
Fir oil perfectly strengthens the nails, protects them from brittleness and delamination. Prepare such a bath - add salt, soda, iodine and fir oil to the water, keep your nails there for about 20 minutes. If you do these baths every day, the nails will become strong, their growth will accelerate.
Contraindications for the use and reception of fir oil
Fir oil is quite a powerful product that can be aggressive if it is not used properly. Here are a few contraindications that should be followed when using fir oil.
- If you have a disturbance in the work of the kidneys, fir oil should be discarded. This can exacerbate the problem and lead to tissue swelling.
- Fir oil should not be consumed during pregnancy, especially in the early stages. It can provoke uterine tone.
- Oil is also not recommended to be taken orally for various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially for gastritis and ulcers.
- It is important to understand that fir oil is a rich coniferous aroma that not everyone likes. Especially if you use it in large quantities. If you want to make a massage, it is better to take another, less fragrant oil for the base, and add fir in the amount of a few drops for a light elusive shade.
No one has canceled individual intolerance to oil. It may be allergenic, so it should be tested in advance. Put a drop of oil on your wrist, spread it on the skin and leave it for a while. If the treated area does not appear redness, itching and burning, you can use the oil for medicinal and cosmetic purposes.
If you notice a fir tree on a walk - do not rush to pass by. Deeply inhale its rich pine aroma to fill your lungs with healing air. Fir groves are the best rehabilitation for patients with tuberculosis, whooping cough, asthma and other diseases of the respiratory system. Make a broom from fir branches with soft needles, this will help you to open the pores, remove slags from the body. You can be sure of the purity of fir branches, because such trees simply do not grow in the gassed and smoky air. Use the benefits and value of fir for beauty and health!