Heated electric floor is a unique engineering design that allows you to heat the entire room, perfectly complementing other heating systems. In some embodiments, the warm floor even becomes the only heating element. It is possible to use this construction not only in houses, but also in other repaired premises.
Most often heated floors are used in rooms where the floor is covered with granite or tile. In addition, it is extremely rare for an electric floor to be used without a central heating system. As a rule, these designs complement each other. The electrical system helps to warm the cold flooring. Most often, tiles or porcelain tiles are laid out in the bathroom, in the kitchen or in the hallway, therefore, warm floors are often used in these areas.
It is worth noting the absolute advantage of a warm floor - heating the air to a height of 2.5 meters from the floor. Warm indoor air makes living conditions even more favorable and comfortable.
Particular attention should be paid to the process of installing an electric floor. It is not recommended to save on materials, even if it seems that the difference will be insignificant. It is best to entrust the installation to professionals.
Advantages of installing underfloor heating
Electric underfloor heating today is very popular for several reasons:
- The design of the electric floor is able to eliminate the lack of central heating in the apartments. As a rule, the main heating in modern housing least heats the floor, leaving it rather cold. This is due to the fact that the batteries are located at some distance from the floor, as a result of which cold air accumulates below. Heated floor helps to solve this problem. As a result of the installation of an additional structure, the heating of the room becomes uniform.
- Installation of a heated floor does not require the use of additional equipment, which makes it possible to install such a structure in any room.
- The degree of floor heating can be easily controlled by selecting the most optimal option for yourself.
- Warm electric floor is complemented by a special thermostat that allows you to set the required temperature in each room. In some areas, you can also easily turn off the heat at all.
- Warm air from the floor rises, eliminating, thereby, education in the apartment or house drafts.
- Electric floor allows you to save any room from excess moisture, which, in turn, eliminates the likelihood of mold.
- Warm flooring can easily be made the main source of heating in the house, thus getting rid of batteries that take up extra space and collect a lot of dust on themselves.
- Electric flooring is a fairly robust construction that rarely fails. If the installation process was correct - in accordance with the instructions, then the damage is unlikely to appear. Most often, problems with warm floors appear only in cases when a breakdown or damage occurred due to the fault of the owner. For example, if a nail was driven into one of the system elements. If any malfunction does occur, do not worry and panic, since any electric floor can be easily repaired. If you can not do this yourself, you can contact the service center.
- The system of a heat-insulated floor is absolutely safe and steady against moisture. Thanks to this design, you can create warmth and comfort in your home.
- The design of a warm electric floor is compact and convenient, so it does not reduce the height of the ceiling in the room.
- All elements of the warm floor design are well hidden from the eyes, which makes the system invisible and neat.
- Installation of the structure is quite simple; even a person without special experience can install all the equipment and the system as a whole.
- With the help of a warm floor surface in the house is heated evenly and equally everywhere.
Disadvantages of an electric floor
Despite the large number of advantages of the floor heating design, this system still has some disadvantages:
- The first and most obvious minus of an electric floor is an increase in the cost of electricity in a house. In this case, in order to minimize costs, it is best to use a thermostat that will lower the temperature or turn off the heating in some areas.
- The second disadvantage is also associated with significant costs. The fact is that a warm floor is an expensive construction, which also requires certain costs for its installation.
- Before installing the electrical floor construction, it is necessary to change the wiring in the house. Such a system significantly increases the load on the electrical system, so the old wiring may simply not withstand.
- The design of a warm floor is very demanding on the flooring. It must have, above all, good thermal conductivity in order to feel the efficiency of the system. If there is a carpet or carpet on the floor that does not let the heat out quite well, the efficiency of the heated floor will not be great.
- Some types of flooring may suffer from the use of a warm electric floor. The greatest impact is on the wooden floor, because the wood cracks when heated and then begins to change shape.
- If the flooring is in addition covered with top varnish, the heating temperature cannot exceed more than 21 degrees.
- In order to maximally save electricity and the cost of it, a warm floor is usually not installed in places where the furniture stands. In this regard, the rearrangement of furniture in the house will also entail a re-installation of the floor heating design.
- The use of warm floor in the house provokes the appearance of electromagnetic radiation. Of course, today everyone uses electrical devices, despite the propagation of electromagnetic waves, however, with the installation of an additional electrical system, the radiation is enhanced, so this factor must be taken into account.
- The use of any electric heater, including an electric floor, entails an increase in the risk of electric shock. This factor should be taken into account, especially in rooms with high humidity.
It is worth noting that, despite all these shortcomings, most people still use heated floors in the house, because for them such systems are a prerequisite for a comfortable stay. Moreover, most of these shortcomings are completely insignificant and easy to fix. As for the additional costs, then, as a rule, everyone understands that comfort is worth the extra money.
Advantages of an electric warm floor over water
Electric floor heating is used much more often water. This is easily explained, since such a construction has several advantages:
- Electric underfloor heating is much easier and more convenient to regulate in terms of the supply temperature than water. Simply use the thermostat, with which you can set the desired temperature and do it much more accurately than in a water system.
- Installing cables in an electrical floor heating system is much easier and faster than water pipes in a water heating system.
- The use of a water floor heating system entails the installation of a gas boiler for heating water. This measure requires additional space, as well as an increase in installation costs.
Thus, it can be determined that an electric floor heating is very convenient for use. Especially well it is suitable for heating small rooms, for example, an apartment or a small country house. Also, the design of a warm electric floor is great for an office, because in such a room it is not always possible to install a gas boiler.
Disadvantages of electric floor heating in comparison with water
Unfortunately, the electric floor heating system also has some disadvantages in comparison with the water structure:
- Often water heated floor becomes a more economical option than electric. Especially noticeable such savings in large areas.
- Using hot water for floor heating and space heating is a safer option than using electricity. Hot water can harm a person to a lesser extent than electric current.
- Water heating design can last much longer than the electrical system. If you believe the most popular manufacturers of such systems, water floor can last up to 50 years in the house.
Use of a water floor in the best way is suitable for heating of big rooms. For example, it is better to use it in large country houses or in working areas.
Electric floor - a unique modern design that allows you to create maximum comfort in the house. With such a system, your floor will always be warm, which will not only allow you to go barefoot, but also allow children to play on the floor without fear that they will be blown away by a draft. At the same time the design is absolutely safe, the system perfectly protects all elements from ingress of water and other objects.