How often you can see a picture - a slim-looking woman has swollen ankles and fingers, bags under her eyes, her face seems to be swollen, and the general appearance is quite painful. All this is a consequence of the retention of excess fluid in the body. Because of this, the metabolism is disturbed, cellulite can appear, a person often feels uncomfortable. But why does excess fluid linger in the body, inflating soft tissues and limbs? How to bring your figure in order and adjust the water balance of the body? Let's try to understand everything in order.
Why does water stay in the body?
- One of the common causes of water retention in the body is excessive salt intake. As you know, salt retains liquid, so if you like to eat smoked fish or salted cucumber at night, do not be surprised at eye bags from the morning.
- Drinking plenty of water before bedtime is also not worth it. The fact is that at night the kidneys do not work so intensively, so water is retained in the tissues.
- Conversely, a small amount of moisture can also be the cause of the accumulation of this water in the body. The fact is that the body needs clean water every day. And if the consumed fluid is low, it does not process it completely, but as it leaves moisture to the "reserve".
- Sitting work and a sedentary lifestyle slow down all vital processes in the body, namely, blood circulation and metabolism. All this contributes to the formation of edema, mainly in the ankle area.
- If you have no apparent reason for puffiness, then it is worth passing the examination. Most often, the fluid accumulates in the body due to renal and cardiovascular diseases.
- Another common cause of fluid accumulation is a change in hormonal levels. Women and girls certainly notice that before menstruation and during them the body becomes puffy, swollen, the weight often increases. The same can be observed during pregnancy.
Having found out the true cause of the problem, you can get rid of excess water in the body with a single point stroke.
Change the power!
Often this is the only right decision to say goodbye to swelling forever. Here are a few rules, compliance with which will give you ease in the body.
- Drink less caffeine-containing beverages. This applies to coffee and strong tea.
- Do not give up water - you should drink at least one and a half liters per day to bring out the extra, "unnecessary" water. In order not to suffer from bloating, you need to drink water in small sips.
- Eat less salt, and if possible, discard it altogether. Instead, use a variety of spicy herbs and spices.
- Discard the various semi-finished products, in which a lot of salt - sausages, sausages, canned food, mayonnaise, ketchup, salted and pickled foods. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eat more celery, beets and sorrel - these products help to remove water from the body.
- Perfectly removes excess salt horseradish. Add it to all dishes to remove swelling and compensate for the lack of salt.
- Well there are watermelons and melons - they have a powerful diuretic effect.
- It is important to know that sweet desserts, fried foods, fast food, fatty dairy products (cream, sour cream, etc.), carbonated drinks and baked yeast also retain fluid in the body.
- If you want to get rid of excess moisture, you need to eliminate or limit the amount of alcohol consumed.
- Cabbage and birch sap perfectly remove excess moisture from the body.
Remember that any manipulations with diuretic diets, foods and herbs should be after examination and exclusion of renal failure. In this disease, diuretics should not be used!
As you know, sport is life. And indeed, active exercise helps to increase the level of the hormone cortisol, which makes us more stress-resistant and calm. Any physical activity produces hormones of joy and happiness, which is why the mood improves after playing sports.
But most importantly, during sports, blood circulation is improved, the metabolism is accelerated, which contributes to the removal of excess moisture. Long loads of medium intensity train endurance. Together with sweat, a person gets rid of toxins, salts and excess moisture.
If you weigh before a good workout and immediately after it, you will notice that you have lost at least 500 grams of water along with sweat. Of course, you will fill up part of the lost fluid by taking a few desirable sips. However, know that most of the excess water you still brought out. This is especially noticeable in the ankles and fingers - after physical exertion, the puffiness almost completely subsides.
If the legs become swollen during a long trip and being forced to sit in a sitting position, it is necessary to get up from time to time, walk, crouch - to accelerate blood through the body.
Bath and sauna
Bath is a pleasant and very useful way to get rid of excess fluid in the body. Visit the bath at least once a week. Stay in the steam room for about 30 minutes, but do not forget to drink at the same time clean water to avoid dehydration. When you sweat enough, you will feel much better, because along with then you will get rid of a huge amount of salts, toxins and excess fluid.
If you go to the bath there is no time, effort or money, you can arrange a small sauna right at home. Type hot water in the bath - the temperature should be as tolerable as possible. Take a bath together with a decoction of twigs of pine needles to make the body light, and the skin had a pleasant pleasant tart aroma.
It is very good to combine trips to the sauna and bath with massage treatments. A sufficient kneading of the limbs improves blood circulation, allowing the fluid not to linger in the tissues.
It is important to determine whether the edema is temporary or permanent. If the swelling is a consequence of poor diet or sedentary lifestyle - they can be adjusted diet and sports. If you notice that your swelling is constant, you should definitely consult a doctor to determine the true cause of this problem. Sometimes with swelling of the legs is useful to wear compression stockings.
Folk remedies against excess moisture in the body
A lot of natural herbs, vegetables, fruits and berries have a diuretic effect. We have collected for you the most effective and safe recipes.
- Apple peel. The skin of the apples need to be cut and dried. Fill with a dry peel half a liter jar and pour boiling water over everything. Cover the container with a lid, wrap a towel and leave for a couple of hours. Drink a third of a glass every 4-5 hours.
- Lingonberry, wild rose, black tea, cumin. Pour a handful of lingonberries, a teaspoon of tea, a pinch of cumin and a tablespoon of rose hips in a jar. Fill all with boiling water, cover and let it brew for about three hours. Strain and drink half a cup of tea three times a day. This tool eliminates even the most serious edema.
- Goldenrod and hawthorn. If the swelling is associated with impaired cardiovascular system, a decoction of the goldenrod and hawthorn can be an excellent treatment. Add one tablespoon of each component to the thermos, pour boiling water over it and put in the water bath for half an hour. After this time, the broth must be filtered and drink a glass on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
- Elderberry, horsetail, barberry. When the swelling is a consequence of kidney disease, the following decoction helps a lot. Take in equal proportions horsetail and elderberry, add the fruit of barberry. Insist the decoction, as usual - in bundled form. Drink half a glass before each meal.
- Birch leaves. Birch leaves need to be dried and chopped. Tablespoon of the prepared powder should be poured with a glass of boiling water and cover with a lid. After an hour, drain the composition and add soda at the tip of the knife. Drink a specified amount of fluid during the day.
- Dill seeds. Dill has an excellent diuretic effect. A glass of boiling water will need a tablespoon of its seeds to get a rich decoction. Drink a decoction of two tablespoons every three hours.
- Chamomile. This plant not only calms, but also removes swelling. Brew a steep chamomile decoction - five tablespoons per liter of water, and drink a third of a glass several times a day.
- Medicinal avran. This is a very useful, but at the same time dangerous plant. In small doses, it can remove excess water from the body, and in case of overdose it can be dangerous. A tablespoon of the plant should be poured with a liter of boiling water and let it brew for about half an hour. Strain the composition and drink the fourth part of the glass three times a day.
- Viburnum. Kalina has not only a diuretic property - it perfectly boosts immunity. Pound a handful of viburnum and pour boiling water on the pulp. When the berry is sufficiently infused, add a little honey to the warm composition and drink it with pleasure. This recipe to save you from puffiness.
These simple, but such affordable and cheap means better than any pharmaceutical drugs will help you quickly and safely get rid of excess water in the body.
To lose weight was successful and effective, first of all you need to get rid of excess water in the body. By following our simple tips, you can eliminate the swelling once and for all. Then you will enjoy your well-being and see a fresh and happy face in the mirror!