Cervical osteochondrosis is one of the most common and common diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Everything happens because modern living conditions create the most favorable conditions for the development of this disease. Improper posture from early childhood is considered the main precursor of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Most modern professions associated with a long sitting behind the monitor. People spend hours, days and years of sedentary lifestyles and as a result receive osteochondrosis. How to recognize this disease, for what symptoms?
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
- Pain in the cervical spine. Painful sensations are quite long and aching. Usually the pain intensifies when you are lying down.
- If the disease is not treated, the pain becomes so severe and annoying that the person becomes inoperative. Pain almost does not subside, only weaker or, conversely, become stronger.
- Pain may be accompanied by weakness, dizziness, nausea, and even vomiting. In advanced cases, osteochondrosis can cause loss of consciousness.
- One of the symptoms of the disease is tinnitus and a feeling of vibration. Also, osteochondrosis affects blood pressure.
- Shivering in the body and dark circles before the eyes are not uncommon in osteochondrosis.
- Sometimes pain can go into the forearm or hands. Pain turns into tingling and even numbness of the limbs.
How to get rid of cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is a degeneration of the articular cartilage. When intervertebral discs become thinner, they affect the nerve endings, which in turn lead to spasms of the vessels. Vessels are narrowed and do not pass through a sufficient amount of blood that is needed by the brain. Oxygen starvation occurs, which leads to serious consequences. Therefore, you can not delay the treatment, even if you have minor symptoms. The sooner the treatment begins, the more effective its outcome will be. To get rid of osteochondrosis, an integrated approach is needed. It includes medication, physical education, massage, manual therapy procedures, physiotherapy, and certain dietary rules.
To get rid of this disease, you need to contact an experienced and professional neurologist. The treatment is quite long, it requires discipline and diligence from the patient himself, but this is the only way to get relief and relief from this obsessive pain.
Drug treatment is the appointment of vasodilators. They help to saturate the brain with oxygen and improve blood circulation in the body. You can reduce the sensitivity of nerve endings with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Also, the patient is assigned vitamins to restore tissue in the body. And, of course, painkillers, because living with such sensations is simply impossible. In order to relieve local pain, various ointments and gels are prescribed that have an anti-inflammatory and analgesic nature of the action.
Exercises against osteochondrosis
- Tilt your head back and forth slowly and fully. Tilting forward, try to touch the chin of the chest. Repeat this movement 10 times.
- Perform circular motions with your head. First, 5 times in one direction, then 5 times in another.
- Tilt your head forward slightly and apply your forehead to the open palms. Hold your head against your hands and lock in that position for a few seconds. Repeat this exercise with the back of the head.
- Take a chair and sit on it. Throw back your head. Slowly turn your head to the right and return to the starting position. Then turn your head to the left. Do at least 10 repetitions in each direction. Movement should not be sharp, do everything smoothly.
- Bend your head to the right and left, trying to get your ears to the shoulder. Then, on the contrary, raise your shoulders to a fixed head, first together, and then alternately - the right shoulder, then the left.
Massage in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis
Professional massage gives amazing results after the first session. It is best to consult a specialist - a manual therapist. He kneads the muscles and brings vertebrae in order. After the sessions of manual therapy, the spinal muscles will come to a tone, the blood circulation will improve, and the patient's motor capabilities will improve.
But to facilitate the state, you can make a massage yourself at home.
- Sit on a chair or sofa and press your fingers to the back of the neck, along the vertebral column. Rub this area up and down until you feel warm and even burning.
- The same must be done in a circular motion. Knead not only the neck, seize the occiput to improve blood flow in this area.
- Use your fingertips to knock the cervical region in the back.
- There is another effective tool that doctors advise. Type in a plastic bottle of water and put it under your neck. Alone or with outside help, try to roll this bottle with your neck, without hands.
It should be noted that massage and procedures of manual therapy should not be performed during exacerbations of a painful symptom.
Physiotherapy in the treatment of osteochondrosis is the use of the Dorsonval apparatus, which improves the permeability of the nerve endings. Electrophoresis is also used.
Prevention of osteochondrosis
To permanently get rid of pain, you need to try to change your life for the better. Do sports, often go to nature. Make it a habit to run regularly in the mornings or take walks in the evenings. Quit smoking - this is also bad for spinal discs. Eat right, eliminate salt from consumption, or at least reduce its amount to a minimum.
To get rid of the attacks of pain, you need to learn not to strain the neck. This means that you can not read and watch TV lying. When driving a car, do not turn the head strongly to the side. If your work is connected with a long sitting behind papers or a monitor, regularly take a break - get up, walk, do neck exercises. Pay attention to your workplace. The height of the table and chair should be combined so that when you sit you do not have to slouch and bend over the papers.
Properly chosen place to sleep will help ensure your normal life without pain. The bed should be flat and the mattress orthopedic. It is important to choose a pillow correctly - it should not be soft. The height of the pillow is determined by the distance from the neck to the shoulder. Only such a pillow will ensure the correct position of the body during sleep.
Osteochondrosis is not a disease that should be treated at home on its own. It is very important to classify the disease and exclude other abnormalities. This can only be done by a doctor. Therefore, when there is pain in the neck, you can not pull with a hike to a specialist. And then you can suppress the disease on the vine, in its very germ.