The 21st century dictates its own rules. Life and progress, mental and physical activity require additional expenditure of energy. In the bustle of the day, it is not always possible to have a full, timely meal. Sometimes the concept of lunch or afternoon tea is completely erased from the agenda.
Considering the body's need for energy and beneficial substances that tone the body, the developers of sports nutrition did a great job of studying and creating the right, aesthetic snack.
The first "charged with energy" bar was created and released in the late 60s of the last century. The reason was the increased interest in space programs. The beginning of the 70s was a period of use of high-calorie bars by astronauts.
The first bar advertised Arnie Schwarzenegger in 1971 and it was an advertisement for the gainer "Weider Formula No. 7". The popular company Power Bar began to produce its products in 1980 in California.
The main purpose of protein bars
- Build muscle mass.
- The synthesis of immune cells.
- Red blood cell production.
- Regeneration (restores damaged tissue).
- Stimulation of the production of enzymes and hormones.
The best way to get the above listed properties remains proper nutrition, with fish and meat included in the composition of the dishes. But this is not always a quick and affordable solution. Thanks to research and development, the composition may include additional ingredients that are involved in the formation of muscle tissue and have a positive effect on metabolic processes, contribute to the discharge of excess fat.
For office workers, busy people, often a lunch break is limited to a cup of coffee or tea. Labor week leaves no free time for culinary delights, and food service places are not cheap, and not always high-quality food is cooked there. People got used to use for this purpose the energy sweetness, the composition of which helps the body to stay awake and active.
At the University of Ohio, at the Department of Nutrition, Steve Herzler conducted research on various brands of nutritional product manufacturers. The reason was the desire to find out how different bars affect endurance. The results showed that consuming sweets increases the amount of sugar in the blood. In some cases, the result was stable, and this provoked great exposure. There were also the results of the "slides" - an increase and a sharp decline in the sugar level, which was the reason for comparing with the well-known sweet bars with nut filling.
Studies have made it possible to make a detailed analysis and develop recommendations for choosing the right product, and not dessert.
Recommendations of the Associate Professor of Medical Dietetics
If the goal is to lose extra kilograms, then the carbohydrate content in the snack should not exceed 30 g. In the case of intense exercise, be it a gymnasium or mental activity, the limitation is sometimes not taken into account. Fiber is important for the body, but by adding sweeteners and fillers, its proportion is cut unfairly. On labeling pay attention to the composition was not less than 3 g.
There are bars that can replace the content of calories with a full meal -324 kcal. For burning excess deposits, it is advisable to use a less-calorie bar - up to 200 kcal would be the best option.
Considering the direction of energy, it is quite natural that substances that take care of the muscular system are included in the composition. It can be creatine monohydrate, leucine, glutamine. They are balanced and carry a powerful energy flow to the body.
Athletes carefully monitor the amount of protein consumed. There are daily consumption rates. During the day, it is not always possible to eat a piece of meat or an egg, but it is not at all difficult to use your 30 g as a part of a snack.
Useful qualities and benefits of a protein bar
- Natural composition (according to labeling claims).
- Nutritious snack.
- Able to saturate the body.
- Able to tone, energize and endurance.
- Easy to use.
- Able to satisfy the need for sweets.
- It has a low fat content.
Harm bars for the human body
- According to the conclusions of world nutritionists, protein bars are unbalanced foods. They do not satisfy all the nutritional needs of the body. Uncontrolled consumption of food can cause changes in the processes of the body.
- Researches of scientists proved that excessive consumption of protein supplements in food leads to malfunction of the organs - the liver and kidneys.
- Individual intolerance to the components is possible.
- May cause allergic reactions.
- The source of protein in these sweets is the transformed whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed collagen. This fact inspires uncertainty about healthy eating using such a snack. This is a product created by a chemical laboratory.
- The composition of many low-quality products of such production include stabilizers and flavor enhancers.
There is a category of people whose regular consumption of protein bars is contraindicated:
- Children under 18 years of age.
- Breastfeeding moms.
- Allergy sufferers.
- People with individual intolerance.
Before starting to use on a regular basis, it is advisable to get advice and recommendations of the attending physician.
How to use protein snack
- Bar can be replaced by a protein shake. The main condition is dosage control.
- Recommended to eat in 60 minutes. before classes.
- To maintain protein and glucose in the blood, it is acceptable to use in the process of training.
- To close the "carbohydrate window" after exercise.
- Non-sports people can eat protein-carbohydrate bars as they do not have special additives (guarana, creatine, caffeine) designed to work on the correction.
How to cook at home?
To prepare a 100% natural product, you will need the following components:
- Oatmeal (200 g).
- Egg white (2 pcs.)
- Powdered milk 0% fat (100 g).
- Vegetable oil (3 tsp.).
- Any berries (200 g).
- Water (50 g).
- Whey protein (4-5 servings).
- In the oven set temperature (160 degrees).
- Protein, COM, oatmeal - mixed in a bowl.
- Banana, berries, water, egg white - are blended in another dish.
- The contents of the containers are mixed and punch again with a blender.
- Baking dishes lined with parchment, smeared with oil.
- Spread the mass, forming a square 25x25. At the exit there will be 7 bars.
The home-made product has almost no fat, it contributes to the rapid absorption of protein. Use before and after class. It is also a good substitute for unhealthy desserts.