Acne after peeling skin is a frequent and very unexpected phenomenon, because the visit of women to the beautician is due to the desire to cleanse their skin from acne, comedones and other things. When you do not have enough strength to hide the imperfections of the skin under a layer of foundation, it becomes necessary to visit a specialist who is ready to help resolve the issue. With the help of hardware or mechanical effects on the skin, skin imperfections are removed, but sometimes there is a directly proportional effect, which only potent drugs can eliminate.
Why does the skin react so and what is the norm?
The main task of peels is to get rid of acne. Women go on this procedure from the desire to forget about these terrible inflammations for a long time. Chemical treated areas of the skin tend to recover. In the lower layers of the skin, the formation of natural collagen and elastin occurs, blood circulation improves, and the skin absorbs all the vitamins and nutrients better. Horny cells exfoliate, and the skin transforms, becoming soft and tender. The youth of the skin is due to the miraculous effect of peeling: wrinkles are smoothed, the skin tone is leveled, pigment spots disappear.
Any peeling is a stress for the skin and it is completely unclear how it will react for the first time to such external intervention. But do not sound the alarm, if after the procedure it was found:
- Peeling. This is a completely natural process, which is the norm. The dead layers of the epidermis go away, and if this does not happen, the procedure was performed or selected incorrectly. By duration, peeling can last from several days to a week - it all depends on how deeply the ingredients penetrate the skin. The main thing here is patience. Do not try to speed up the process yourself with a brush or scrub. This will only disrupt the process. Otherwise, you can damage your appearance.
- Redness of the skin. If, after peeling with acid, you find a red face - it is a burn. A chemical burn is of several degrees. Degree 1: slight redness, which indicates a successful procedure. Grade 2: severe redness means that the procedure is performed incorrectly and unprofessionally. Usually redness passes within 5-6 days.
- Edema of the eyes and neck. Despite the unpleasant name, do not be afraid of these manifestations. Antipyretic drugs will remove the unpleasant symptoms, and they will disappear in 2-3 days.
But do not forget about the negative effects of peeling. These include:
- Dark spots. If you ignore the advice of a specialist and expose your face to ultraviolet rays, you can get huge brown spots all over your face. It is also not recommended to perform acid peeling in summer or late spring.
- Scars. This problem appears only after interfering with the natural healing process of the skin. Do not attempt to remove crusts that form in the places of peeling. It is better to endure a few days than to walk all your life with the terrible consequences of curiosity.
- Allergy. Manifested in the form of urticaria, which appears immediately after peeling and spreads very quickly. Big blisters bring severe discomfort and itch. Ointment with antihistamine effect will help to cope with the symptoms and alleviate the condition.
- Acne. They can occur anywhere and sometimes completely incomprehensible how they appear on healthy skin. As a rule, it is a violation of post-procedure care, skin peeling is not suitable, as well as other skin infections.
And, also papillomas and herpes sores.
Why do acne appear after peeling?
The main causes of acne after the procedure:
- Age inconsistency of the operation. Often the fair sex choose their procedures for more mature skin. This should not be done in any case, since the tender skin is injured by a deep or middle peeling, and burns appear. At the age of 20-25 years it is recommended to do light peels or ultrasonic cleanings.
- Improper preparation of the skin for the procedure. Each skin type has its own preparation methods. Those who experience persistent problems with oily skin need to do an ultrasonic cleaning 4 days before the main procedure.
- Non-compliance with the rules of skin care after peeling. If you do not comply with all the prescribed preventive measures, touching your face with dirty hands, combing your skin, you can very easily bring the infection.
There is a very good test for the allergic reaction of the skin to the action of certain chemical components. Make it a must. To do this, the doctor puts a small amount of funds on the knee or elbow. After 15 minutes it will be possible to understand whether the procedure will suit you or not. If no irritation or discomfort is found, the procedure is suitable for you.
- Improper hormone production and metabolic disorders.
- The presence of the facial tick Dermodex in the body, so before the skin cleansing procedures, the doctor must send the client to the tests to prevent the tick from being found.
- Disorder of sebaceous glands. The fact is that the acid contained in the peeling can provoke active lipid secretion, and one or more ulcers may well arise.
Other causes of acne include:
- Sports activities during the recovery period. Exercise provokes sweating.
- Hike in the baths and saunas.
What can be done?
So what to do if after the procedure of cleansing the face there were such unpleasant consequences? First, immediately after the discovery of the first problems you need to go to the doctor. No need to wait until the problem resolves itself. This expectation can only exacerbate the problem. Assessing the condition of the skin and the number of rashes, the specialist may prescribe treatment to give a number of recommendations:
- Do not try to squeeze acne.
- Treat skin Miramistinom.
- Take anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Use a cream and MAZ containing metronidazole.
- Use skin care products with zinc.
- When a skin mite is detected, undergo antibiotic treatment.
The course of treatment is selected for each skin type individually, and usually you can get rid of acne within three weeks.
Unpleasant consequences after exfoliation can overtake a person even with completely healthy skin. This can be triggered by an improperly selected or inappropriate age peeling procedure, hidden skin diseases and the patient’s careless attitude towards facial skin care during the rehabilitation period. To understand the various causes of acne will help a highly qualified specialist. Therefore, it is very important to choose only a professional doctor and not save on your health.