A dog is known to be a friend of man. But not always this friend acts like a human being. Sometimes dogs, for various reasons, can crap right in the apartment, on carpets and floors. This is because the dog is not trained or it is still a small puppy. In any case, this must be fought. Because it is useless to get rid of the smell of dog urine, if the dog continues to urinate indoors. So, let's try to figure out how to quickly remove a stain of this kind and eliminate the smell.
How to get rid of the smell of fresh urine stains
As soon as you notice that the dog has urinated on the floor or carpet, the punishment must be prompt. Only in this case, your pet will understand what exactly he did wrong and why you are angry. Regular inevitability of punishment after the crime will bring up a small and already adult dog.
After you scold and shame the dog, you need to do the removal of stains. To begin, blot the liquid with a tissue. If there are no paper napkins or towels on hand, you can do this with a disposable cloth or toilet paper. It helps to absorb liquid filler for animal toilets. The filler should be allowed to soak up the liquid, after which the stain should be simply vacuumed out. Do not rub urine with water - you will drive it into the carpet and it will be much more difficult to get rid of the smell.
The next step is to dilute the vinegar with three parts of water and pour a stain on this solution. Vinegar destroys the urine substances that make up urine. In addition, it disappears quickly and leaves no traces.
After this, you need to sprinkle the stain with dry soda, just wait until the vinegar dries. Otherwise, the soda can react with vinegar and the cleaning efficiency will be reduced.
Then take hydrogen peroxide, dilute it with water and add a little liquid soap or dish detergent to it. Foam the prepared product and apply directly to the soda. This will clean the surface of urine residue, relieve the slightest odor. Hydrogen peroxide disinfects the surface, which is especially important if the family has small children.
When the treated surface is dry, it will just need to be vacuumed out. Treatment of spots in a similar sequence chemically destroys the composition of urine. Therefore, if you immediately carry out a set of measures to remove stains from canine urine in this way, the smell will go away before it appears.
How to get rid of the smell of old urine
There are several ways that will help you eliminate the smell of old dog urine stains.
- If you want to completely clean the apartment from the smell, you need to wash everything that can be washed. Even if the dog didn’t urinate on the bedding and towels, they could smell the smell that was in the apartment. Do not forget about curtains, seat covers and cushions. Wash clothes at high temperatures and do not forget to add fabric softener with each wash.
- Upholstered furniture, carpets and other surfaces that cannot be washed should be cleaned with special detergents. This can be a diluted bleach or chlorine-containing bath and toilet bowl cleaning compositions. Add a little detergent to the basin with water, soak a sponge in the prepared composition and wipe the surface of the upholstered furniture.
- If there is no detergent on hand, you can use homemade recipes. Very good removes the smell of dog urine vinegar, citric acid, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, potassium permanganate. Any selected product should be diluted in a small amount of water, pour into a spray bottle and spray onto upholstered furniture or carpet. After that, wipe the surface with a wet rag.
- Perfectly copes with dog smells bleach. A tablespoon of powder needs to be filled with a glass of warm water and to wipe old stains with this solution. When processing do not forget to wear gloves. Before you apply a solution of bleach to the surface, you need to test it on the back of the product. This is done in order not to spoil the interior item in case bleach spoils the color or structure of the surface. Only after you make sure that the bleach for this surface is safe, can you clean it with this compound.
- Laminate and wood surfaces can be cleaned with iodine. Dissolve a teaspoon of antiseptic in a liter of water and spray it on the surface. After some time, you can wipe the floor and make sure that there is no trace of the smell.
- If the dog has gotten wet to urinate in the same place, we must urgently wean it from this habit. This can be done with the help of medical alcohol. Treat all stains with pure alcohol. This method of cleaning not only eliminates stains, but also disinfects the surface. After cleaning in this place there will be a slight smell of alcohol, which will be enough for the dog. She will no longer crap there.
- Sometimes the smell of urine remains even after careful cleaning. In this situation, you need to buy in the pet store ultraviolet flashlight. At night, when there is no daylight, you need to turn off all the lamps and devote a flashlight to all corners, under the bed, to the walls. Urine is reflected by ultraviolet and becomes noticeable. So you can understand where the old spots are and can get rid of them.
- Also in the pet store there are special cleaning products that are designed for cleaning traces of dog toilet. They are gentle on the surface and completely eliminate the smell of urine.
Any dog owner can face the smell of urine. However, this is not a reason to abandon your pet. You just need to properly remove the traces of a dog toilet and teach the dog to do its business in a tray or on the street. And then the dog will really be your friend!