Dates - Eastern delicacy, familiar to many since childhood. Possessing healing properties, sweetness is in demand as a therapeutic component to combat many diseases. But it should still be used carefully. Why? Let's try to answer this question.
Use of dates
The useful properties of dates can be judged by their unique composition.
- The fruit boasts a considerable amount of dietary fiber, whose main activity is to normalize the functioning of the gastrointestinal canal and to regulate stool. Dietary fiber is not digested by the body, so that cleans the intestines from toxins.
- Due to the presence of pantothenic acid, dates are able to "follow" the metabolic processes in the human body, positively affect the strengthening of the immune system. In addition, a similar component controls the activity of the nervous system.
- Vitamin A (retinol) is responsible for maintaining healthy hair and nails.
- Potassium - an irreplaceable and especially important component for a person - is also present in the composition of dates. Its role is to maintain the muscles of the human skeleton in a normal state. Even a small amount of delicacy (120-200 g.) Is able to compensate for the daily amount of potassium needed by an adult. Children only need to consume 2-3 fruits.
- Calcium in dates also contains a lot, 100 gr. product of about 64 mg. This trace element is indispensable when it comes to the strength of bones, skeleton and teeth. That is why women in the position and nursing mothers are encouraged to include this product in the menu, because they need a special, balanced diet, rich in many trace elements, and calcium as well.
- Dates - highly fortified product. Thiamine, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Ascorbic Acid, Flovocin, Vitamins K, D - the list is impressive. The product is energetically valuable, so the fruits of the date palm can be safely used as a complete snack during the working day. Delicious calorie fast carbohydrates allow you to quickly get enough, a person feels a surge of strength and energy.
- The presence in the fruits of minerals and a number of useful substances, such as iron, magnesium, sodium, zinc, manganese, is invaluable for those who know firsthand about cardiovascular pathologies. The unique product contributes to the rapid recovery of strength after long journeys, travels. Therefore, a delicacy is recommended to take on the road for a snack.
There are a lot of rumors and interpretations around the amazing fruits that give us date trees, but one thing is for sure - this nutritious and rich in composition product has no equal in benefits that it can bring to the human body.
To whom dates are contraindicated
There are a lot of useful qualities that dates possess. But nevertheless, they can not be used by everyone.
Above all, people who are allergic to this product should be careful. The first time you need to try to eat only a couple of berries. If there is no discomfort (choking, coughing, skin rashes, etc.), then you can safely enter the fruit into your diet.
Before going to bed there are dates not recommended, because it takes a long time to digest them. It is not necessary to load the stomach at night, otherwise it will have to work all night, and this is harmful for the body.
Patients insulin-dependent to enter this fruit in the menu should be carefully. The gap between insulin and delicacy should be 2 hours or more.
From the excess of dates in the menu, you may experience headaches. You can eat 10 berries per day, not more.
Dates, consumed in large amounts, can inhibit the nervous system, as a result of which drowsiness and fatigue may occur.
The benefits of delicacy will be negated if you constantly abuse the fruits. Therefore, you should be serious about the recommended doses and eat no more than 3-7 berries per day.
Can dates for children
Dates - the sweetness that kids eat with pleasure. However, when it comes to children, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules in order to avoid unpleasant consequences. For example, pediatricians advise to start eating this fruit in food from 1.5 years of age.
First of all, you should perform a small test for allergies. To do this, you must give one fruit to try, from which the bone is removed in advance. If there is no reaction, then the child can safely give dates, but in small quantities. Regular consumption of such a product to the child's body will only benefit.
It can be given to children either in a dry form or by adding to homemade dishes or as part of compotes.
The use of dates improves immunity, improves brain activity, strengthens the bone system, and the sick child will recover faster. Also, the fruits of the date tree are able to relieve tension, cure anemia, replenish the energy resources of the body.
Dates for weight loss
The question of whether this fruit is able to stimulate the disposal of extra pounds has been going on for a long time. On the one hand, the delicacy is rather caloric, on the other - satiety comes soon, even if you eat small amounts of the product.
Dates for weight loss are used in some diets, on their basis, fasting days are arranged. They reduce cravings for sweets, are an alternative to sugar, they are convenient to use for snacking. The sucrose present in the fruit is not delayed, but is transformed into an energy reserve.
If you use a date diet, you can remove excess water from the body, normalize metabolic processes. Together with the plant fibers, slags are removed from the body.
How to choose dates
Dates need to be able to choose the right. The shop offers a delicacy in dried form. When choosing you need to pay attention to the fact that the fruit in the package were not sticky, and located separately from each other. It is desirable that the surface was not covered with sugar crystals.
If the dates shine and shimmer, it means they are greased to look more attractive. It is better not to buy such products.
The ripe fruits are dark, dry and wrinkled. But at the same time, dates should not be wrinkled. This fact indicates their strong drying out.
You need to carefully inspect the skin, the surface of which should be free of mold. Acquire a treat that has no visual damage, with a holistic skin. Dates with a bone inside are much more useful.
Dates in the daily diet - how to eat
Usually the question of what rules for the use of dates need to know, few people are interested. The product is usually consumed dried, in its entirety, only the stone needs to be removed.
Important! Peel can not be removed, because it contains most of the useful components and trace elements.
For consumption, take juicy fruits that are sure to be sweet.
With a delicacy, you can drink tea, because it is an excellent alternative to sweets and flour sweets.
Dates are often used as an ingredient for home baking. They can be an alternative to raisins.
Babies from 8 months can prepare compote from this product. To do this, 200 grams of dates are filled with water, taken in an amount of 1 liter. The composition is put on fire and cooked for 5-7 minutes, after which it is removed from the stove and infused for another 1 hour. A delicious compote is able to solve the problem and calm the raging tummy of the baby.
Dates can be a great addition to the already familiar dishes. For example, bake with a duck, use to decorate ice cream, cook rice kutia with slices of dates. Having shown a bit of fantasy, you can please yourself and your family with familiar dishes in a new version - with the addition of dates.
Dates - appetizing, healthy and tasty fruits, used both in fresh and in dried form - not only a great way to satisfy hunger, but also a great opportunity to fight back some diseases.