Hybrid Gunin is indeterminate, has a large list of positive features. It was bred by Russian breeders, registered in 1996. It is possible to grow crops both in open ground and in greenhouse conditions, but the second option will be optimal. Fruits are dense, the pulp is fleshy, juicy, the skin is dense. Gunin tomatoes are well transported over long distances, long preserved after harvest.
From 8 to 12 brushes with rounded bright red fruits form on the bush. The flesh of the fruit is fleshy, with a small number of seeds. This variety is ideal for canning, pickling, processing into tomato juice and pasta. The bush is moderately sprawling, gives excellent harvest in greenhouses and open ground. A large amount of carotenoids and vitamins accumulate in fruits.
The distinctive characteristic of the hybrid is good transportability and keeping quality. Fruits after stripping are stored for up to three weeks. The plant is tall, requires the formation and tying to a support or trellis. The hybrid is ideal for growing in large quantities in farms for sale to the public.
Cultivation and further care
Tomatoes of this variety are of particular relevance due to their outstanding taste and the ability to harvest a large crop throughout the summer until frost. Tomato Gunin refers to the early maturing hybrids.
Seed treatment before planting
Seeds subjected to short-term heating, the temperature should not exceed 55 degrees. They are treated with biostimulants, and potassium permanganate.
Plant seed in cups in the first decade of March. To seeds started to grow faster, it is recommended to cover them with plastic wrap or glass. When condensation occurs, the seedlings are ventilated.
Pot size should be 8x8 cm. When diving, underdeveloped specimens are thrown out. After picking, tomatoes are grown at a temperature of 22-24 degrees.
Seeding is carried out to a depth of not more than two centimeters. March is the optimal sowing time. The first shoots appear after 8 days. After the appearance of four of these sheets of seedlings transplanted.
- Transplantation in open ground is carried out at the moment when the threat of the last frost has passed. If the seedlings are grown in greenhouse conditions, then no more than three plants should fall on one square meter.
- In open ground, the number of plants is reduced to two copies. For rapid rooting and development before planting, the plants are fed with sodium humate.
- Fertilizing fertilizer is an important point, and she should pay special attention. Proper feeding will help the plant to successfully start and continue to cope with diseases and pests. Fertilization contributes to the accelerated development of the plant and its fruits.
- The wells, in which the seedlings are transplanted, must be pre-filled with superphosphate (in the amount of three grams per well). If the bushes bloomed before planting in open ground, they should be removed.
Seedlings in tanks
In order to obtain a satisfactory crop, the plant must be formed into one stem.
At emergence of shoots, the shelter from polyethylene or glass is cleaned so that it does not prevent the seedlings from developing. Water young plants every two to three days. When a whitish plaque is formed on the soil, it is immediately removed, otherwise it will inhibit the growth of seedlings.
Over the entire period of growth should remove excess shoots. If desired, you can leave only the one that was formed above the first brush. Lateral processes also need to be removed.
- Serving has a positive effect on the development of fruits. They will get a more saturated color, accelerate the pace of their growth and become larger.
- Removal of stepsons is best done in the morning hour about once every ten days. Deformed ovaries also need to be removed. If the leaves are in contact with the soil, they need to be picked. Dirty leaves - the source of phytophthora.
- The soil needs to be prepared in the fall. It is necessary to bring humus, nitroammofosku, superphosphate under the digging.
- In March, the soil should be plowed and sprinkled with wood ash. Seedlings are planted in rows with a distance of 60 cm between the bushes. After planting, the tomatoes are watered at the root.
- Tomato Gunin needs at least two supplements (1 tablespoon of superphosphate per 10 liters of water) and prevention from fungal and viral diseases.
- When planted in open ground, plants are buried by one third and sprinkled with earth to develop additional roots.