Carrots are the only vegetables that almost every one of us has ever tasted and almost everyone likes it. He is a great helper in the struggle of man to preserve his health, to give the body beauty, vigor and youth. But the special value of this product lies in the content of the element carotene, which has no analogs and the amount of its content in such a large amount in any other product or vegetable. Below is a detailed analysis.
Healing properties of carrots
- Carrots include vitamin B, as well as vitamins C, A, E, PP and K. In addition, it contains magnesium, iron, manganese, fluorine, potassium, iodine, phosphorus, several types of essential oils, sterols and enzymes necessary to maintain the body in excellent condition.
- Carrots are a good helper in strengthening and restoring the immune system, especially during the rehabilitation period.
- Carrots restore the structure of the blood, affecting the increase in hemoglobin levels.
- Participates in the removal of toxins from the human body.
- It has a beneficial effect on the organism's metabolic metamorphism.
- Helps to remove the body from depression, which is often observed during beriberi.
- Carrots have a beneficial effect on the activity of blood vessels and the work of the heart system. This is mainly due to potassium elements.
- Carrot helps eliminate constipation; positive for proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. The best processing of food contributes to the presence of large amounts of fiber in carrots.
- Traditional medicine adheres to the version that carrots in a puree of a similar condition helps better healing of burns and small wounds, as well as it is customary to use when restoring skin after frostbite.
- Carrots - the third product in importance, after blueberries and strawberries, which helps restore vision.
- Aseptic properties of carrot juice are comparable to those of citrus fruits. It is recommended to take inside with inflammation of the throat and mouth.
- Carrot juice is used in the treatment of stomatitis in children. Its effectiveness has already been proven through scientific research.
- The consistency of honey and carrot juice is effectively used in the treatment of children's and adult bronchitis.
- Carrots - is the leader among the products on the content of volatile production.
- Carrot juice has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is recommended to use any form of pregnant and lactating women.
- Carrot juice, in fact, like carrots themselves, lead to an increase in breast milk during lactation.
- Carrots have a positive effect on health, external and internal state of the oral cavity, gums.
- Carrot product is an excellent stabilizer for restoring and healthy growth of hair, skin and nails.
- Scientific research of leading European laboratories empirically proved the positive effect of carrot juice on the inhibition of human aging.
- Carrot puree - a source of antioxidants.
In 100 g of carrots, exactly 34 kcal is enclosed, which makes this product dietary and low in calories.
- It is strictly forbidden to use carrots for people suffering from duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer.
- If a person clearly expressed individual intolerance to carotene.
- In acute allergic reactions.
- Eating carrots has acute contraindications for inflammatory processes in the small intestine.
- Excessive consumption of carrot puree or juice is often fraught with the appearance of a man on the inside of the palms, face and feet of orange color, indicating an excess of vitamins A in the human body.
Despite the presence and side effects of carrots, it still has a large amount of beneficial effects on the human body.
Choosing the right carrots
The best option of all is the carrots of their own "production", grown personally in the village or in their own summer cottage. However, not everyone can boast of such an opportunity. Most people are forced to buy this vegetable either in supermarkets or on the market. And the buyer always has a choice: to buy home-grown carrots, or imported. However, all buyers agree on one thing: root vegetables should be of medium size, be smooth and have a dense consistency.
You should not take a carrot in a semi-soft form, because it practically no longer contains the necessary amount of useful elements, vitamins and microorganisms. A few trunks in carrots should inform the buyer about the excessive content of a harmful set of pesticides in it. And recently you can see a wide range of color of this product: from bright yellow, orange to bright red. The best option of eating will be the second, with a rich orange tint.
The best storage medium for this product is a cool and dark room. The cellar is best suited for this purpose. With such an interaction of the described conditions, it can be stored for a long time and retain its best properties. Citizens usually keep carrots for a long time with the help of a refrigerator. It is best to clean the carrots, grate and fold into any kind of hermetic container. It can also be stored in the lower chamber of the refrigerator.
How to use carrots to get more benefits
Vitamin A in carrot juice, with the maximum benefit for the body is best combined with animal fat. Well combined carrot with cream and sour cream. The recipe for caviar from uncooked grated carrots and garlic seasoned with mayonnaise or sour cream is excellent. Milk fat together with carrot carotene form A vitamin itself, which is most quickly absorbed by the body.
Interesting "carrot" facts
- The first mention of this root is dated to the second millennium BC. Its historic homeland is the Mediterranean coast and the territory of modern Afghanistan.
- The primary cultivation of carrots was made not in food, but in perfumery purposes. The greatest demand from leading perfumers in Europe was carrot seeds and leaves.
- To date, carrots have the richest growing area: from the territory of the New World to the New Zealand and Australian lands.
- Carrots have their own capital, the small town of Holtwil (United States). Once a year (February), the city authorities organize a carrot festival. The festival begins with the “destination” of the “carrot queen”. And then the residents begin gastronomic competition in the best preparation of this vegetable. Rivalries are also common on this day, where sports equipment is replaced by carrots.
- Contrary to popular belief, carrot tops are edible. Different cuisines of the world, it is added to the first / second dishes. From it you can cook a variety of salads and use in the form of tea brew.
- The longest carrot on Earth managed to grow a resident of the UK. The length of this root reached about six meters. And the most "weighty" carrots grew up a resident of Alaska with a total weight of almost 9 kg.
- Carrots have a number of positive properties on human health.
- Mormkovny juice - a storehouse of natural vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Carrots contain the maximum amount of carotene.
- Carrots are involved in the regulation of almost all body systems, ranging from nervous to immune.
- Along with positive properties, carrots also have side effects, which should not be forgotten.
- Carrots are actively used in cosmetology.
Now you, dear reader, know almost everything about carrots. And to listen to our recommendations, or not, is everyone’s business. Be healthy!