A long time, facial massage was considered a cosmetic procedure of the highest degree, aimed at improving skin elasticity and improving blood circulation. Due to the mechanical action, the natural metabolic processes are accelerated, wrinkles and other skin irregularities are smoothed. After a regular procedure, the epidermis is saturated with oxygen, as a result of which the face looks healthy and well-groomed. Like any other business, massage has a number of features that must be considered.
The benefits of facial massage
The procedure has a lifting effect, it improves the muscular frame and brings skin to tone. Thanks to the massage, blood circulation is accelerated, which leads to smoothing of both mimic and age wrinkles.
For girls who suffer from swelling of the face, a massage will help to get rid of the accumulation of excess fluid in the subcutaneous tissues. In addition, the procedure fights the accelerated work of the sebaceous glands, which is an undeniable advantage for owners of oily skin.
Surprisingly, the procedure has a beneficial effect not only on the skin of the face, but also the organism as a whole. In the area of the massage is a lot of active points that are responsible for the full work of the internal organs and the nervous system.
Since the massage technique involves different variations of movements, they are all aimed at improving a particular function of the face. For example, tapping and vibration from the fingers tone the epidermis, while light stroking relaxes the muscles and fights wrinkles.
Contraindications for facial massage
- exacerbation of chronic infections (catarrhal);
- dermatological problems (ulcers, abrasions, etc.);
- burnt skin due to visiting a solarium, prolonged exposure to the sun;
- allergic reaction, manifesting in the form of rash, itching, redness;
- the presence of warts, large moles, papillomas in the area of the procedure;
- scrubbing or peeling less than 4 days before the massage;
- spider veins, spider veins.
- Facial massage is done only on previously cleansed skin. To do this, use a gentle mousse for washing, make a steam bath, prepare a mask. It is important to remove all dirt from the pores in order to prevent clogging. In addition, with the help of hot procedures, you will relax your muscles, they will be influenced many times faster.
- Without fail, test your skin for a massage. The main thing, at the preparation stage, is to find out how high the sensitivity of the vessels and capillaries is, and also how the derma transfers the mechanical action. The test is quite transparent: take a wooden stick, run it over your forearm to form a red mark. Wait for about 2-3 hours, during this period the skin should return to the same uniform shade. If this does not happen, massage is prohibited.
- Gather the hair in a weak tail or fix it in another convenient way (bandage, hoop, hairpins, etc.). Such a course will prevent the transfer of dust into the cleaned pores, besides, the strands will not fall on the face, creating inconvenience. Always wash and disinfect your hands before carrying out the massage to eliminate the possibility of infection.
- Before the massage, you can wipe your face with cosmetic ice cubes. To properly prepare the composition, take 50-60 gr. any medicinal plants (bark of birch or oak, chamomile, eucalyptus, etc.), pour over boiling water, cover with a lid, leave to infuse for half an hour. After the expiration date, strain, pour into forms, freeze.
The main stages of massage
There is a fundamental massage technique that includes 5 different stages. Remember them and follow them in order, regardless of whether you are massaging your face or body at home.
Stage number 1. Stroking
Massage always begins with strokes, it is necessary to prepare the epidermis for the procedure, maximally speeding up blood flow in a specific area. Begin to slowly stroke the skin the entire length of the fingers, and not just pads. Do not press too hard; the presses should be smooth and light.
Stage number 2. Trituration
This stage is aimed at eliminating swelling and acceleration of the fluid that has accumulated in the subcutaneous integuments. In addition, rubbing helps to mitigate possible skin irregularities (scars, creases, etc.) and fights against seals in fat deposits in the lower layers of the dermis. Perform the procedure with your fingertips, movements should be smooth, circular and zigzag. The focus is on each area separately.
Stage number 3. Kneading
Kneading is considered to be the main stage of the massage. At this stage, muscles relax, blood circulation accelerates, metabolic processes in the lower layers of the skin improve. As a rule, kneading is quite intensive, it all depends on the specific type of massage. In normal cases, a transverse capture of the muscles.
Stage number 4. Pat
Pattings are responsible for improving skin elasticity and overall muscle tone. As a result of such manipulations, collagen production is accelerated, fat deposits are split when present, fluid is eliminated, and swelling of the face as a whole is reduced. Patting should be done with the edges of the palm, fingertips or the outside of the hand. In this case, the movement should be short, fast and the same (at the same distance).
Stage number 5. Ultimate vibration
Stage is considered final. After passing through all the stages, you need to soothe the skin and bring the massage to the end point - complete relaxation of the face. The procedure should be carried out with the palm of your hand or just with your fingertips, it all depends on personal preferences. With short movements, go over the entire surface of the skin to get a slight vibration. You do not need to beat too hard, the movement must be neutral, soft.
Main lines of facial massage
Performing a facial massage at home requires time and attention to detail. Specialists identified the main lines and movements that help to carry out the procedure in due measure. If the movements are incorrect, such a move will lead to the opposite effect.
- Forehead. Massage always begins with this area. Place two fingers on the eyebrow area, lead a straight line to the hair growth area, then go back down diagonally. Ultimately, you should get a kind of zigzag that stretches down to the temples. Perform manipulations for 5-7 minutes, observing all stages.
- Nose. After the massage of the forehead, hold the fingers on the temples, slowly move along the cheekbones to the area around the eyes and the wings of the nose, stop at the bridge of the nose. Swipe up and down several times, go down to the sides, do the same. Nose massage time should be about 2-3 minutes, pay due attention to the tip and the skin near the nostrils.
- Eyes. Put two fingers (index and middle) on both sides of the nose, hold them under the eyes, moving to the temples. Carefully climb the upper eyelids and go down to the inner corner of the eyes. Place your fingers on the temples, repeat the steps in the opposite order: first, walk around the area under the eyes, then move through the upper eyelid area. The total procedure time is 7-10 minutes.
- Cheeks Massage of the cheeks begins in the temples. Place 3 fingers on the area near the earlobe, walk in circular motions on the cheekbones, gradually moving to the jaw and the most "fleshy" points of the cheeks. After this, massage the nasolabial wrinkles, stretching them with the middle finger to the ear zone. Gradually, you must reach the bridge of your nose. As soon as this happens, place the whole palm on the cheeks and hold the clapping.
- Chin. Massage this area with one hand. Place your hand in such a way that the thumb is on the left side and all the others are on the right side. Smooth the chin to the jaw area, then move to the upper lip. Swipe your thumb and index finger from the fossa to the chin, then up to the cheekbones.
- Neck. Neck massage is performed from bottom to top, and then vice versa. You can perform the procedure with the outer part of the hand or with two palms, as desired. In the case of the lateral zones of the neck, massage should be done from the jaw to the collarbone, from the back to the spine. The time spent on this area should not be less than 5 minutes.
The frequency of massage at home varies from 3 to 5 times a week, while it is desirable to perform the procedure 2 times a day - in the morning after waking up and in the evening 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Double chin massage
Double chin appears as a result of weakening of the neck muscles and fat accumulation in this area. To make facial contours more prominent, massage your neck every day.
Slapping movements move from the top to the bottom, then perform stroking and again patting. After that, walk along the jaw line with three fingers, moving to the chin, and then to the earlobes. If desired, use a moisturizing serum to improve glide. The duration of the procedure should not be less than a quarter of an hour.
It is easy to make a facial massage, if you have sufficient knowledge regarding the technique of the procedure. Perform all stages in turn, do not rush. Massage your face in the following order: forehead, nose, eyes, cheeks, chin, neck.