The axillary fossa or in the common people "armpit" is located above the breast cell and below the shoulder joint. There are many fat glands there, and to prevent diaper rash after reaching puberty, the axillary region is covered with stiff hair. Most people remove hair, because hairy armpits are considered a sign of lack of culture and untidy. To prevent sweat, many use deodorants and antiperspirants that reduce sweating. However, all these procedures adversely affect the condition of the skin of the armpits, cause irritation, redness, and darkening of the skin.
What does the darkening of the skin of the axillary area
Darkening of the armpits is not a pathology or disease, but it can cause a purely psychological discomfort, because others can take dark circles for diaper rash or poorly shaved hairs. In the cold season, this problem ceases to be acute, because clothing covers most of the body. But in spring and summer, when the beach season comes, sweaters and sweaters are replaced by T-shirts and tops, I want to look 100% full and not attract the attention of people around us with flaws in appearance. Darkening of the axillary zone in most cases is not the cause of the disease, but is caused by external factors. We list the main reasons:
- Allergic reaction to deodorant or antiperspirant. In case of allergies, the skin becomes dry, begins to peel off and become inflamed. Because the axillary zone has poor contact with open air, all processes proceed slowly. Therefore, even a slight irritation occurs in the form of dark spots on the skin.
- Depilation cream. Depilation is carried out by applying to the hair under the arms of a special cream that injures their structure, causing fragility and loss. However, the active ingredients have an impact on the skin itself, therefore, an allergic reaction is quite possible.
- Wearing synthetic or tight clothing. The already weak ventilation of the axillary zone is also disrupted, the skin disappears, irritation and redness appear. The use of deodorant further aggravates the situation, provoking additional zones of irritation. As a result, the armpit becomes a solid pink halo that darkens over time.
- Using a bad razor. Not without reason for women there are special razors that have smooth lines and a completely different slope of the blades than men's razors. That is why a woman should have a machine for ladies and not use male counterparts. Axillary hair does not grow as it does on a man’s face, has a different growth angle, and a man’s razor has a different anatomical structure. It is enough to change the razor, and the problem of dark armpits will disappear by itself.
- Excessive perspiration. People suffering from overweight, hypertension, diabetes mellitus sweat more intensely than others. The skin in the armpit is delicate, thin, and a warm, moist environment provokes the multiplication of bacteria. They irritate the skin, cause itching and redness. To solve the problem, professional products with zinc are used. It irritates the skin even more, penetrating into the deepest layers. The reaction of the epidermis is peeling and discoloration of the skin.
Sometimes the darkening of the axillary region indicates a serious malfunction of the body. Perhaps the reason is as follows:
- Acanthokeratoderma or blue-black skin syndrome. This is a genetic disease that triggers the initial stage of diabetes. Excess insulin causes abnormal cell growth. Dark-skinned people have a large amount of melatonin, and on their ears, in the armpit, in the groin, on the elbows and knees is covered with darker spots than the underlying skin tone.
- Obesity. Obesity is not always associated solely with overeating. Disorders in the endocrine system causes a sharp weight gain. In parallel with this, there is a change in the pigmentation of various areas of the body, including the armpits.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, a real hormonal explosion occurs in a woman’s body. It promotes weight gain, the appearance of stretch marks, as well as changes in pigmentation, darkening in the armpit. This problem will disappear by itself after delivery.
How to get rid of dark spots at home
- Vegetables and fruits contain fruit acids that can peel off the horny layer of skin and whiten it. Take a large lemon, cut the "ass" and attach the pulp to a dark spot in the armpits. After 5 minutes, wipe with a dry towel and apply a moisturizer. Repeat the procedure 3-4 times a day.
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and improves blood flow. Make a mixture of 3 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil and a glass of sugar, preferably brown coarse. Apply to dark skin and rub for 2-3 minutes. Then wash the scrub under the shower. Perform the procedure 2 times a week.
- Coconut oil is an effective natural antiperspirant. It regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, preventing intense sweating. Oil moisturizes the skin, because contains a large amount of vitamin E. It accumulates and brightens the skin after a month of daily use. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to your armpits at night, and after a month the dark spots will start to fade.
- Milk - the strongest natural bleach. Mask based on dairy products will help remove dark circles in the armpit. Mix the milk, flour and cottage cheese until smooth, apply on skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse the mask with water, then apply a tablespoon of milk to the skin and rub slowly. After 2 weeks the spots will disappear.
Cosmetics in the fight against dark spots in the armpit
Aichun Beauty whitening cream for underarms. Contains coconut, olive, palm, almond oils, jojoba, lavender extract and essential oil. Carefully and effectively bleaches the underarm area. Does not cause irritation, does not contain toxic and allergenic components.
Cream Luchics Farm "Shark fat and sage". Not only struggling with fading and dark circles in the armpits, but also normalizes perspiration, removing the unpleasant smell. The skin becomes light and elastic, there are no wet marks on the clothes.
Cream after shaving armpit NanoMed "Finale Whitening Cream". It is used after depilation in the armpits and bikini area, softens and soothes the skin, eliminates irritation and rubbing. The skin has an even light tone.
SHILLS lotion-mousse after shaving "Skin Friendly". Applied to the skin of the armpits, bikini area, knees, elbows. Removes dead skin cells, softens the skin and whitens it. Reduces hair growth, relieves inflammation and heals minor wounds.
Dark armpits are not a problem unless the cause is a disease. Follow the rules of hygiene, use high-quality razors, use soft deodorants and antiperspirants. Home remedies can be used to fix the problem. If you do not have enough patience, purchase a special cream or lotion to eliminate dark spots at the pharmacy. It will not only remove excess pigmentation, but also moisturize the skin and prevent hair ingrowth.